• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Drown out the haka: Bledisloe II | Tri Nations finale

What should the AUS crowd sing at the game on Saturday, or indeed in the future?

• Waltzing Matilda

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Aussie Version of OleOleOle

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Come on you gold

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • None of these three, but something else

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • We shouldn't sing at all, be it before after or during the haka

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
So this isn't during the Haka? But after it?

Yep, After just as the appluase dies down I think will show the most respect.

If your there give it go, and be LOUD. We need the starters (thats all of you) to get us to critical mass.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'm not sure exactly why Australians think Waltzing Matilda is remotely threatening to international rugby teams. It has the menace of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and should be binned as ridiculous. It will stop international guests laughing at us

Fire up Barnesy and some Cold Chisel.............have em dancing in the isles and screaming for blood.

Good God NO! Leave that crap to the leaguies.

__PJ

Bob McCowan (2)
I am but a newbie; but do feel strongly about this.

1. You cannot 'ban' the haka.
2. It's a great tradition, and good for the sport.
3. To what end drowning out the haka when the Aus crowd is mostly silent for the rest of the game? Respect the tradition and save your voices for your team during their down moments during the game I say.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
How great was it to hear the crowd belting out the anthem? It was awsome.

I was a little dissipointed that there was no minutes silence for those 11 victems of that fire. It should of been done as respect to the islander community who are very intense rugby people.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How great was it to hear the crowd belting out the anthem? It was awsome.

The anthem went off in the pub I was at in Balmain. I have no idea what the Suncorp crowd noise was like. It couldn't be heard over the noise in the pub.

A

Army_Gav

Was any attempt made after the Haka? Or did we soft cock it as usual?

A

Army_Gav

What a let down, guess we still have a long way to go. Pissed me off to hear the All Blacks clap clap chant

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not happy to hear an AB chant go up during the 2nd half. Very disappointing. Sucks there are so many living here I guess.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Not happy to hear an AB chant go up during the 2nd half. Very disappointing. Sucks there are so many living here I guess.

Hell gwert,perhaps if you are that unhappy with AB chant in 2nd half,perhaps you should stay away from sport where both teams are usually supported, though I suspect your comment about not liking us living here perhaps somes you up.
I thought Aussie crowd were supberb in your anthem, we could hardly here the bloke singing it, the crowd was doing it with such gusto, which I think is much stronger message than drowning out haka etc. When haka started I know one man behind me started to boo, actually sounded really classless, most of crowd just seemed to enjoy the Haka. and that was comment of Wallaby supporters I was sitting with, as I enjoy going to rugby with all supporters.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Agree that the anthem singing was brilliant last night. It really was a terrific crowd, and thrilling to be a part of it, but the AB fans certainly led the way with the chants and all-round support. It's an interesting situation in that most Aussie fans seem happy just to watch the game without vocalising, whereas the kiwi fans like to share their feelings with everyone. It will take time to change.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Dan, the reason to be disappointed is that Aussie crowds regularly get "out-noised" by away team fans. We've got to keep working on it. I reckon Waltzing Matilda is the way to go.

Yep scarf, I actually thought last night where Waltzing Matilda was started and then perhaps drowned out was one of highlights for me, beccause to to me it was great to hear a Suncorp crowd begin to sing WM without that noisey bugger that is usually on the mike trying to start a chant ie "we are red", these chants etc are great, but only if started by the fans themselves, that is why I gave big kudos to Wallaby supporters for starting it with no prompting. I enjoy the NH crowds that sing whether it "Swing Low" or whatever. Also obviously as a AB supporter I enjoyed chanting All Blacks in reply, as I still think this adds to rugby that crowds each try to out do each other this way. I actually sitting here with Wallaby supporter who went last night, who was just saying he thought it was great, and as he hasn't been to a lot of rugby, mainly a league man, he can't get over how crowd reacts so well with each other.
The other point to me over last night, noone will ever convince me that All Blacks got more out of that Haka than Wallabies would of got out of crowd getting into Anthem as well as they did.

J

JimmyMosquito

Anything but Waltzing Matilda, for the love of rugby!

I cringe every time our response to the Kiwi's intense Haka is to sit and watch our frickin billy boil underneath a god damn coolibah tree.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Anything but Waltzing Matilda, for the love of rugby!

I cringe every time our response to the Kiwi's intense Haka is to sit and watch our frickin billy boil underneath a god damn coolibah tree.

How dare you sir! I demand you renounce your citizenship and get out!

Status
Not open for further replies.