• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Drown out the haka: Bledisloe II | Tri Nations finale

What should the AUS crowd sing at the game on Saturday, or indeed in the future?

• Waltzing Matilda

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Aussie Version of OleOleOle

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Come on you gold

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • None of these three, but something else

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • We shouldn't sing at all, be it before after or during the haka

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Best way to beat the Haka is silence - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13fGHSqHTwA

Whistling and singing often adds to the intensity and favours NZ. Silence just makes them look like a bunch of dancing muppets. Sure its a game of rugby lads!:thumb

Great stuff, the NZers in the munster side did the haka at the ABs before the ABs did theirs.

So all we need is the NZers in the australian side to do the haka first, problem solved!

Who we got?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't like Ole Ole Ole because it's associated with soccer but I got to admit it was awesome when the Boks sung it loud during the haka last week. That would really fire up the opposing team during the haka.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't like Ole Ole Ole because it's associated with soccer but I got to admit it was awesome when the Boks sung it loud during the haka last week. That would really fire up the opposing team during the haka.

Singing Waltzing Matilda would definatly lift the Aussies, just like Swing Low did the English in that clip posted a few pages back.

A

Army_Gav

For those who brought up last year's test, wow 91,000 people, impressive:

[video=youtube;t9P8YCcTDmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9P8YCcTDmU[/video]

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
By the looks of some weather reports, tonight the only thing that is getting drowned out is the game.

W

Waylon

Singing Waltzing Matilda would definatly lift the Aussies, just like Swing Low did the English in that clip posted a few pages back.

I'm not sure exactly why Australians think Waltzing Matilda is remotely threatening to international rugby teams. It has the menace of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and should be binned as ridiculous. It will stop international guests laughing at us

Fire up Barnesy and some Cold Chisel.............have em dancing in the isles and screaming for blood.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
But it means something to the Australian players and fans.

For me, it's a question of sing WM during the haka, or have the last word and sing it after.

W

Waylon

The haka fires up the kiwis and makes them want to spill blood

Waltzing matilda is like valium to the wallabies.

They need to go into a huddle and slap each other in the face after our fans mumble WM

kiwi_rugby_fan

Frank Nicholson (4)
1996 the wallabies turned there back on the Haka....2010 threat were issued to the ARU if disrespecting of the Haka, I fined it strange as they can through down a war challenge (Haka) and show gesture of slitting throats.....And teams have to stand there and cop it.... Bullshit...... Im all for advancing on the Haka, its not disrespecting, its showing your not scared and bring it on where ready to fight.....

Plus need to do something to keep warm after one of the longest national anthems and waiting for the Haka to end.... :)

I thought that was why you girls stripped out of your track suits at that last minute. How about growing a set! If you want to meet the challenge then do so like Fiji or samoa.

Stop whinging like some be-arches

A

Army_Gav

Offer an alternative then, if you think so.

Waltzing Matilda does have significance, your probably judging it on previous times.

There have been plenty of suggestions, there's the chants thread also.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
Aussie response to the Haka

let the wallabies hear your support

Haka, respectful golf clap,
Then fill your lungs

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda,
You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me,
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boil
You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me.

Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong,
Under the shade of a Coolibah tree,
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boil,

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda,
You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me,
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boil

Right so I've printed 80 flyers of the above (4 x 20A4). Now if the 28 people who've voted for WM print out 80 each we'll have over 200 people who are at least singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Goodonya a, I'm not going to be there, but I'll do my best to support you from the pub.

I reckon we might be onto something big here. A new tradition? Something to combat the slave song? I think so.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought that was why you girls stripped out of your track suits at that last minute. How about growing a set! If you want to meet the challenge then do so like Fiji or samoa.

Stop whinging like some be-arches

If you recall when the wallabies turned there back the AB SMASHED us.
Point was you challenge the huka the AB come out even harder

So I'm not winging precious. So maybe your being the girl. And I like the track suits

Status
Not open for further replies.