• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Chiefs v Reds 7/6 QF

JRugby2

Bill Watson (15)
That was at Lang Park though... I always find him to be too "visible"

Best refs are always the ones you have to remind yourself of at the end of the game...

Always wonder about the allocations, difficult with only Kiwi and Aussie refs to choose from but surely Aussie ref for a game in NZ and vice versa would make more sense?
These perceived biases that people have about the partiality of top level march officials are just that - peoples perceptions - not based in any reality at all. Just like how JTA and Alex Hodgman aren't going to throw the game because they're kiwis.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Apparently, Australian Super Rugby Teams are 0 from 16 travelling to NZ for a final. But I reckon the Reds might choose the Chiefs out of the 5 teams if they had a choice

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I disagree. Theres some good content on Stan however our reach was far better when we were with Fox because of kayo app being more widely accessible to ppl and you could go to the pub and watch super rugby… I see far too many ppl online asking for “which pub showing super rugby”
That is a good point - Nine/Stan has done a terrible job at selling the platform into Pubs. It seems Fox gets exclusive arrangements to keep them out. (I did see the Orchard Hotel at Chatswood had rugby on the other day, and that is the first time I have seen Stan in any pub - but I don't get out much)
But what they have done at SS level is to be commended

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
That is a good point - Nine/Stan has done a terrible job at selling the platform into Pubs. It seems Fox gets exclusive arrangements to keep them out. (I did see the Orchard Hotel at Chatswood had rugby on the other day, and that is the first time I have seen Stan in any pub - but I don't get out much)

I do love the production put into club rugby. Previously it was just a live stream on YouTube with the match of the round having 1 commentator for qpr.

now with club rugby - it’s a commentator all games and multiple camera operators and the match of the round has 2 commentators

i am sure if rugby Australia was too engage foxsports on a partnership they’ll need to look at a service where you can stream live club games on demand as I can’t see how it works on foxtel showing all those club rugby games kicking off at 3pm

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Initialy Stan didn't even have a pub product. They've sorted it out and its slowely improving as they expand their library.

Fuck going back to Murdoch.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Stans product outstrips anything we ever got from Fox. Four 30 minute rugby shows per week, both super comps, 7’s, club footy plus English Prem comp. As for the inability to get into the pubs, most of that can be put firmly on the shoulders of the horse guy. Between the NRL and racing, his influence on that has been huge.

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Stans product outstrips anything we ever got from Fox. Four 30 minute rugby shows per week, both super comps, 7’s, club footy plus English Prem comp. As for the inability to get into the pubs, most of that can be put firmly on the shoulders of the horse guy. Between the NRL and racing, his influence on that has been huge.
Yeah I don't think lack of rugby in pubs is purely a Stan issue (although it doesn't help).

I've had plenty of occasions when I couldn't get the game put on a tv when it was on fox & all they had to do was change the channel.....

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
If Reds play at 100%, they have a good chance here, it could be good to boost Aussie Rugby this season. On the other hand if the 3 Aussies lose, the spirit would be down.

I see the Ponies winning and the Rebels losing so if the Reds win away could be a game changer for the international season

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
If Reds play at 100%, they have a good chance here, it could be good to boost Aussie Rugby this season. On the other hand if the 3 Aussies lose, the spirit would be down.

Marce - I know there is a bit of a language barrier for you and sometimes your sledgehammer approach to posting here really makes my day.

The obviousness that if all 3 Aussie teams lost this weekend would mean our spirits would be down is correct. Thank you for articulating it.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Sadly think the Chiefs won't be caught unawares like earlier in the season and will be too much for the Reds.

Reckon I can somehow get this on the tv at office drinks?

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Marce - I know there is a bit of a language barrier for you and sometimes your sledgehammer approach to posting here really makes my day.

The obviousness that if all 3 Aussie teams lost this weekend would mean our spirits would be down is correct. Thank you for articulating it.
"If the teams lose", is not correct?

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
The Chiefs may well be too good for the Reds, but if they were caught unawares by the Reds earlier this year they are fools. Which they aren’t.

Very nervous but even the fact that as supporters we think we’re a chance says a lot about both how far the Reds have come this year and the closeness of these two teams over the last couple of years.