• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Chiefs v Reds 7/6 QF

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They've beaten the Chiefs already and won in Christchurch. It's entirely doable. Big shame Wilson is (i am assuming) unavailable. Any other notable omissions?

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I wonder how many Super Rugby teams have travelled away to a different country and won a final. It must be a pretty tiny percentage. Home teams have a huge advantage ay this stage

duckbill

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm liking the team:

1. Alex Hodgman – Sunnybank – Mount Albert Grammar School, Auckland – Suburbs Rugby Football Club, Auckland
2. Matt Faessler – Brothers – Toowoomba Grammar School – USQ Saints
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen - Norths - Wellington College, NZ
4. Seru Uru – Wests, Ratu Kadavulevu School, Fiji – Namoli Rugby Club, Fiji
5. Ryan Smith – Brothers – St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe – Caboolture Snakes
6. Liam Wright (cc) – Easts – Anglican Church Grammar School - Easts
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers – Brisbane Grammar School – Albany Creek Brumbies
8. John Bryant - Souths - St Laurence’s College - Souths
9. Tate McDermott (cc) - University of Queensland - Sunshine Coast Grammar School - Flinders Rugby Club
10. Tom Lynagh – University of Queensland – Epsom College – Richmond Rugby Club, UK
11. Mac Grealy – University of Queensland – Downlands College – Souths Toowoomba
12. Hunter Paisami – Wests – Mangere College, Auckland
13. Josh Flook – Brothers – St Joseph’s Nudgee College - Brothers
14. Tim Ryan – Brothers – St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland – The Southport School – Inverell Highlanders Reserves:
16. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland - St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace - Easts
17. Sef Fa’agase – Sunnybank – Shailer Park State High School – Beaudesert Warriors
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University – The Southport School – Gold Coast Eagles
19. Connor Vest – Souths - Grafton High School - Grafton Junior Rugby Club
20. Joe Brial – University of Queensland – Scots College – Easts, Sydney
21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland – Ipswich Grammar School - Souths
22. Lawson Creighton - Brothers - Padua College
23. Taj Annan – Souths – Brisbane Boys’ College – Merewether Carlton

No JOC (James O'Connor) though? Injured again?

duckbill

Ward Prentice (10)
To be fair I think he was the ref in the reds win over the chiefs earlier in the year.
That was at Lang Park though... I always find him to be too "visible"

Best refs are always the ones you have to remind yourself of at the end of the game...

Always wonder about the allocations, difficult with only Kiwi and Aussie refs to choose from but surely Aussie ref for a game in NZ and vice versa would make more sense?

dru

David Wilson (68)
That was at Lang Park though... I always find him to be too "visible"

Best refs are always the ones you have to remind yourself of at the end of the game...

Always wonder about the allocations, difficult with only Kiwi and Aussie refs to choose from but surely Aussie ref for a game in NZ and vice versa would make more sense?

For me it should be just the 4 best refs.

Wallabies

Chris McKivat (8)
Curious, is there a home semi final and grand final on the cards for reds? Assuming we do get that far is there any possibility where there is a final at home? And if there is, would you guys expect a strong crowd?

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Curious, is there a home semi final and grand final on the cards for reds? Assuming we do get that far is there any possibility where there is a final at home? And if there is, would you guys expect a strong crowd?
It's possible but the rest of the finals will have to go against the higher ranked side so unlikely....