• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Rugby friend

Frank Row (1)
To be honest, across 1 and 2 are very strong back rows. Not hard done by to be 2s or 1s for any of them.
Still can't believe that Jarvis isn't there though!
Photo by Rugby Australia on November 09, 2023.

Jarvis Orr = Last year's U16 Australian Merit squad. Very interesting CAS omission!

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
Waverley fullback came back in a similar timeframe last year and wasn’t considered because the selectors hadn’t seen him play much.. despite the fact he was a three year 1st XV player! Not even in the shadow squad..

moa999

Watty Friend (18)
To copy a post by one of the Mods in the GPS forum, given some of the behaviour here has been equally as bad.

I've just deleted some 60 or so posts from this thread; my sabre has been worn down to the handle. From now on if I consider any posts inappropriate, stupid, irrelevant, puerile or something I don't like the poster cops a ban. As @cyclo stated some years ago, "this isn't a democracy".

I presume all posters are familiar with the rules of the forum. If not, read them: https://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/welcome-to-g-gr-history-and-rules.7341/

Basically keep the fake team lists, injuries, schoolboy jokes and other AI nonsense off this site.

Waverlian2024

Bob McCowan (2)
Waverley fullback came back in a similar timeframe last year and wasn’t considered because the selectors hadn’t seen him play much.. despite the fact he was a three year 1st XV player! Not even in the shadow squad..
That was a poor omission. Honestly, I don't think the CAS selectors have a clue who they're picking these days. It's disappointing to see mistakes made again with selections, in particular the 16's situation. Give the older boys who have worked their backside off for this have an opportunity. I think Barker having so much influence over CAS in terms of coaching really changes the dynamic and quality of the team. Baffles me.

Regards,

MUZ

Soupnasty

Bob McCowan (2)
That was a poor omission. Honestly, I don't think the CAS selectors have a clue who they're picking these days. It's disappointing to see mistakes made again with selections, in particular the 16's situation. Give the older boys who have worked their backside off for this have an opportunity. I think Barker having so much influence over CAS in terms of coaching really changes the dynamic and quality of the team. Baffles me.

Regards,

MUZ
Agree
Barker were mid table last year and have had taken an easy trial path this year
And yet
They have dominated selections

Doesn't smell right

Will Ryen

Frank Row (1)
Who is the team to beat in the U16A CAS competition? How do they compare to the teams of Joeys, Oakhill and TKS? I know knox gave joeys a run for their money in round 1 of trials in U16's.

Caesar

Frank Row (1)
With Under 16 boys such as Hunter Chan and Max P playing opens this year i would be suprised to see knox 16A perform with the big guns in the CAS comp.

scrumhead99

Ted Fahey (11)
Cranbrook have definitely had a unlucky season with scores not truly reflecting their performances. This is the main reason I believe that they have been very unlucky with selections... Cam Mackenzie truly deserves the CAS 1st XV 8 Jersey, I believe he is much more proven and experienced then TJ Talieva... Jed Smith, flanker/hooker from Cranbrook also unlucky, having a great season, but due to Cranbrook's unfortunate luck didn't find himself starting which I believe is again a bit harsh. Lastly, Tom Marchant (9) definatley deserves to be in any of those two CAS teams, seeing his matchup against Hugo Schneider, you would believe he would be in a higher team. This seems to be a reoccurring problem every year with the selectors favouriting teams and overlooking some player, and also being majority Barker coaches, you would expect a bit of bias.

Caesar

Frank Row (1)
I must say waverly with the quality of play this year and with the new addition of a few gun players mostly in their backline. Wouldn't be a suprise to me to see these boys winning the CAS comp in years to come.