• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

moa999

Watty Friend (18)
First try under the posts to CAS 11 (Caswell KGS). Converted by 10 (Dene BC)
CAS I 7 - ISA I 0 @ 8

And another outside by I think 8 (Talalieva BC)? With great conversion.
CAS I 14 - ISA I 0 @ 12

ISA hit back just before the bell after being camped in the 22 for a few minutes.
CAS I 14 - ISA I 7 @HT

Last edited:

moa999

Watty Friend (18)
Tough first 10min with CAS gradually moving down field. Take a penalty just outside the 22.
CAS I 17 - ISA I 7 @31

Great run down the side by 12, inside pass to 11 (Caswell KGS) and that's probably game.
CAS I 24 - ISA I 7 @37

Some good defence late and that's game.

Last edited:

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I just want to give a shout out to the selectors. I only watched the CAS1 v ISA1 game but given results of previous ISA and CAS school games along with the tight GPS v ISA 1 game today, the selectors got this CAS1 team right. There is not a single player in this CAS1 team that does not deserve his spot. Selectors deserve some credit here.

I was impressed with the cohesion. The scrum is powerful. The lineout worked well. The 9/10 combination look like they have played together all their lives, while the centres were great in defence and sharp in attack and the back three were electric. Those Knox boys have some real pace and our 15 injected skill and numbers to our back line.
It is going to be a interesting day tomorrow against GPS. Lets have a big CAS crowd at Knox tomorrow to support the lads.

Running_rugby_1954

Alex Ross (28)
Well done all involved today for successful day of CAS rugby.

The selections were well shown to support where people were picked- so shout out to selectors and coaches for their work.

I thought the kicking game of Harrison Dene (Barker) was the highlight- similar to Mitchell Moses last night, he controlled field position incredibly well and was reliable for the team. A strong person controlling the kicking had a huge impact, lets everyone else get involved as they can.

The Loose head prop, Hill (Barker) has AUS u18s written all over him. He is such a powerful ball carrier and does so much work for a big guy- and the scrums in general from the front 3 were dominant all day. Meagher(Trinity) has a great throw and did well around the park all day.

The back 5 were great, Smith did well for an u16s kid but he was never out of his depth and carried himself well. Finegan was a beast, Aboud just next level

Halfbacks passing was crisp, Dene I mentioned already, had a great day of control with his kicking.

Centres were solid. Evans is next level and back 3 were involved involved positively- loved the kick to the Knox winger who is just lighting down the edge from Dene.

Well done to all.

Last edited:

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Special shout out to the CAS1 number 7 from Waves. For a pocket sized player he was a demon over the ball all day. Pilfered and slowed the for ISA enabling the defence to align and hold out a bigger ISA side.

Snort1

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone got the Barker scorers against Aloys? I try (God only knows why) to keep the CAS records up to date, and normally in a 75-0 scoreline, someone has done something statistically noteworthy.

Mule

Chris McKivat (8)
IMG_1940.jpeg

RugbyBot

Peter Burge (5)
Yep CAS will feel like it was one that got away. Not too many Ws over GPS and that was a golden chance. They had more than enough territory and possession to win it in the second half but errors and missed set pieces cost them. Still, a good game of rugby.

Mule

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting day of u16s; CAS probably lost their first game vs GPS B more than GPS B won it (too many turnovers proved costly with a losing margin of 3).
Tight win against CCC again with turnovers (especially in contact) being the Achilles heel…..
Final game tomorrow vs ISA 2 should be a cracker!

Snort1

Bob McCowan (2)
Well, congratulations to all those selected. But am I the only one who misses the days when if you were picked in NSW Schools 1sts, it meant that you were in NSW 1sts? Now it seems like a 2nd XV at best, once the elite pre-selected players are taken out of contention.

I'm not a massive fan of this early talent identification - to a degree it's fine, but I see nothing wrong with players in representative teams having to earn their places through playing against the best in their age group in competitive representative games. It leaves the people who pick these squads open to accusations of showing preference to particular players and schools, besides which sometimes the best players are the ones who come through the representative sides without big reputations and surprise people. If selectors in the past had gone about picking future Wallabies on the basis of what they were like at 17 or 18, think who we would have missed - Nick Farr-Jones and Phil Kearns to start with, plus later developers like Rob Egerton and Justin Harrison.