• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Patrick Murphy

Bob McCowan (2)
Bit of a rattle being that close eh? Expected to put 70 on the boys from St Aloysius' and thoroughly rattled weren't you? Quit talking a whole lot about facing the 'weakest' side and having your 'dominance' (which comes primarily from forking out the big bucks for future NRL players, a bit of homegrown talent wouldn't go wasted once in a while) threatened... Wake up, the Aloys boys aren't a pushover like you think they are. Also, might I add, the Waverley pack might have been a little bit smaller than usual, but those boys are still physically towering - in 1s the discrepancy is a little bit lesser with some of the Aloys big players, did you see any of the 2nds...

gaberoberts1

Frank Row (1)
Yeah hopefully they roll out the welcome mat for those boys next year.

Im sure it will be a warm welcome for the true respect shown today. Particularly when Waverley seem to have managed to support aloys by not embarrassingly beating them by 100 points over the last few years and taking lots of players off at half time. And Aloys repaid that today with the organisation of a great, well and reasonably officiated day of rugby. Well done to all at Aloys.

Looking forward to paying that back next year.
Actions speak louder than words CAS_rugby and I think it’s fair to say Waverly have a lot of work to do if they want results akin to last years.

From the sidelines it was clear Aloys played with heart and brought more than Waverly bargained for and should be commended for this. For decades Aloys has been a smaller rugby school and more academically inclined than the rest and seeing them do well should not be something warranting outcry. I think it would be wise for Waverly to humbly take the victory and move onto the next four games this season because if Aloys is as lacking as you claim Waverly will struggle to refind the spark they had last year.

Blue and gold forever,
GR

Patrick Murphy

Bob McCowan (2)
Tactical advantage had been paid (play of the ball and won ruck), and territorial advantage squandered once the ball had crossed over the try line. A bit controversial for sure but the referee had every right to call that in whatever way he deemed to be correct; whether that be awarding the try or returning it for a scrum blue feed. At least that's how I think the ref would have viewed it.

Backintheolddays

Darby Loudon (17)
Tactical advantage had been paid (play of the ball and won ruck), and territorial advantage squandered once the ball had crossed over the try line. A bit controversial for sure but the referee had every right to call that in whatever way he deemed to be correct; whether that be awarding the try or returning it for a scrum blue feed. At least that's how I think the ref would have viewed it.
No the referee did not have any right. At no stage did advantage accrue. Appalling decision.

CAS_Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Time to move on from attacking those that volunteer their time on weekends so they we can play and watch rugby. The right team won. Maybe a struggling team received a try that they shouldn’t have. I could argue that is a good thing. Plenty of mistakes can be made as a referee or as a player.
Do refs not get paid anymore?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I guess that depends on your definition of getting paid. Last time I checked I didn’t consider it payment when my employer paid for my flight to Melbourne.

Patrick Murphy

Bob McCowan (2)
No the referee did not have any right. At no stage did advantage accrue. Appalling decision.
The referees decision is final, whether he makes a mistake or not, his decision is the one that is ruled. You can point out a mistake but calling it appalling is a bit too far. Ignoring the fact that the knock-on occurred near the 22, and Waverley then gained possession at around the 15, and then proceeded to lose 15 metres of territory is the reason why I believe the referee would have called it. That is simply my opinion on why it was called the way it was.

Backintheolddays

Darby Loudon (17)
The referees decision is final, whether he makes a mistake or not, his decision is the one that is ruled. You can point out a mistake but calling it appalling is a bit too far. Ignoring the fact that the knock-on occurred near the 22, and Waverley then gained possession at around the 15, and then proceeded to lose 15 metres of territory is the reason why I believe the referee would have called it. That is simply my opinion on why it was called the way it was.
I support neither team but glad Aloys gave Waves a scare.
Ditto share your sentiment re referring being a tough gig.
All said was still an awful decision