• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
Nearing the end of the 2nds Knox 66-14.

Which belies the competitiveness of Cranbrook. But Knox too good with some good tries.

is this the first time Cranbrook last in the 2nds in a couple of seasons in CAS?

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
7-5 at halftime to Knox. Teams look to be fairly even. Though lots of errors. Knox seem to be lacking a bit of rugby IQ. Some poor decision making. Cranbrook is a big physical side.

Mandy Sparecereo

Bob McCowan (2)
Good to see Aloys somewhat competitive. Have they improved from last year or Waves off their game?
Aloys looked much better today, the forward pack was very solid all round, scoring all three of their tries and not letting much come through the middle against a big Waverley pack. Additionally, some very brave performances from some undersized backs, with a bit more cohesion in the back line I can see the boys from Milsons Point possibly getting a few wins this season.

JoeMarshall67

Frank Row (1)
Yeah hopefully they roll out the welcome mat for those boys next year.

Im sure it will be a warm welcome for the true respect shown today. Particularly when Waverley seem to have managed to support aloys by not embarrassingly beating them by 100 points over the last few years and taking lots of players off at half time. And Aloys repaid that today with the organisation of a great, well and reasonably officiated day of rugby. Well done to all at Aloys.

Looking forward to paying that back next year.
CAS_Rugby,

Glad to see you and your friend taking a victory in good stride, as a competitive game seems to be a real offense. Feel as though what's seeming a tight game would be welcomed for a healthier CAS comp rather than these 100 point victories you so gladly relish. Keen to see how the comp plays out with what seemed like a good day of footy across the board, especially over at Knox and Cranbrook.

Yours in disappointment,
JM67.

moa999

Bill Watson (15)
So appears that next week the three winning teams (Barker, Knox and Waverley) each play one of the losing teams from this week.

And that after that the CAS rep teams are selected.

Good luck to the selectors.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
CAS_Rugby,

Glad to see you and your friend taking a victory in good stride, as a competitive game seems to be a real offense. Feel as though what's seeming a tight game would be welcomed for a healthier CAS comp rather than these 100 point victories you so gladly relish. Keen to see how the comp plays out with what seemed like a good day of footy across the board, especially over at Knox and Cranbrook.

Yours in disappointment,
JM67.

CAS_Rugby,

Yours in disappointment,
JM67.
G'day Joe, it's not about a victory at all but how the game unfolded, to be more precise.
I would also suggest that the Waves NEVER have an undertaking of putting 100 on any school, that possibility is discussed before any such game, and changes are made at half time if necessary. Plenty of such examples, I think you have the Waves mixed up up maybe other school/s.

As a Waves supporter here's my take on todays game v Aloys.
AND I will do my best to keep it clinical and fact based.

1. Aloys had a real crack and never ever gave up, they were terrific.
2.The Waves pack is NOT a big pack, the Aloys pack had some bigger boys, in fact the Waves pack is probably the smallest in the last decade.
3. Nothing to be said about the ref for fear of being booted off this forum by the moderator!

My final points I think are most telling, and probably apply to most/all other games today.

Once again this season, the weather DESTROYED what schoolboy rugby is known for, ie running rugby.
The backs should have probably sat on the sideline and just watched, so gauging how good either side is today was impossible, dropped ball after dropped ball.

One day the weather will clear, then we will see who is who!

P.S. The CAS comp is most definitely NOT in a healthy spot, in fact it is dire.
Some big schools now have only 1/2 teams in their lower age groups, Aloys have only 1 team in the 16s, so doesn't look good for the Opens next year, at all.

The time has come for a material competitive change for the CAS, and the need to avoid any possible injury to boys competing way above their skill/strength limit.