• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Nevergiveup

Frank Nicholson (4)
Howdy just wondering what the CAS are doing for the long weekend are they playing on Thursday like the GPS? Would love a Knox team list if possible I will be doing pre views on each game like what I have recently being doing in the GPS forum..

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan
Anticipation is killing me

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anticipation is killing me
Still working on them. Just posted my first one of the week on the AAGPS forum if you want to see what they will look like. It may take me a while but I will get them out before kick-off don't you guys worry..

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

1718157598694.png

Redtilldead24

Bob McCowan (2)
who are the 5 players and what schools did they go to? Who are you referring to in Phillipson and Hooper? What schools did they go to as well?
McLeod (act) and Saunders (nsw) are Knox old boys. Finau (nsw), Edwards (nsw) and ekanyake (Aus 7s) are all barker boys. Then hooper (act) who played aus 20s last year and is a barker old boy along with Phillipson played in the U20s games against nz, Argentina and rsa earlier in the year. Both are unavailable because of injuries. All the boys listed are from the class of 2022.

Would not be surprised to see this occur again! Keep a keen eye out.
Wow. Just had a look at this game and reinforces my belief that 2018 and 2019 'Aloys' were very strong Aloys sides with multiple players in the CAS 1sts. Just a shame that the CAS was very good those two years with Barker the most strong they've ever been.

Running_rugby_1954

Alex Ross (28)
Only 5? There are 4 from Joeys alone
It’s not a positive that 4 of our best come from one school, but a sign rugby is in fact crumbling away and only has a few schools supporting it now on life support.

Most of the super players come from a range of 15 schools across the entire country. A significant sign the game is losing ground and more must be done to bring other players from different schools up to speed.

Whatsthatcall

Frank Row (1)
Not very far as it turns out. Soz about your envy in various forms….but really, only 5? I suppose, makes sense, all the good players go back to their pay masters once finished. Chin up, when you grow up you won’t be so sensitive. What do you think the score will be in GPS v CAS this year?
Probably about the same as it was in under 16’s in 2022 when this cohort last met.

moa999

Bill Watson (15)
Banner on nswrugbytv.com.au
KnoxVCranbrook-1024x213.png

Assume it requires a subscription. Not clear if any other CAS games will be shown, but I'd assume a monthly sub will also get you the rep games in a couple of weeks.
(Although who knows as they seem to have separate plans for Junior Champs and Rep Champs)

Last edited: