• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
Cheers for the writeup @scrumhead99

Must say I agree. After reffing one of the lower grade games I had the pleasure of watching what was for 90% of the game, a very tight contest. The other thing I would comment on is the level of support at the game. Knox, for what was meant to be their centenary game, put up a very poor showing in the stands. Very quiet throughout most of the game and really it seemed like most of the boys didn't want to be there. I don't think the weather was poor enough to be that discouraging to the Knox contingent so I think it was very disappointing.

On the other hand, Cranbrook, although small in number, were very vocal. Consistent chants which were delivered with passion and volume. There were keen to rip in to the Knox players and yell encouragement to their own. I think that the other CAS schools could learn a lot.

I think that with Cranbrook going up against Waverley, another school renowned for their passion in the stands, this game looks to become very interesting. Can't wait to see the Eastern Suburbs rivalry play out on the historic Hordern oval.
I agree about the support - very underwhelming from Knox. I get the idea that Rugby is not 'liked' by some of the school's leadership

RugbyBot

Frank Nicholson (4)
I agree about the support - very underwhelming from Knox. I get the idea that Rugby is not 'liked' by some of the school's leadership
I don’t think that’s right. The school pumped up the game all week and the headmaster was right behind it and is a big fan of the program. Really disappointing to see the low turn out. The weather no doubt played a part but the problem is more that there is a large part of the student body that has no interest in rugby. Changing demographics play a big role.

Hopefully when the team beats Waverley at home on 3 August to win the comp we get a sunny day and the team gets the support it deserves.

Touchie123

Bob McCowan (2)
I agree and was a shame to see such little support for such an important game. Believe the students had other priorities within the chapel. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Cheers Arthur
Yeah I hear there's an apple orchard back there. Perhaps that has something to do with the lack of support?

Cheers,
Gerald

Last edited:
I don’t think that’s right. The school pumped up the game all week and the headmaster was right behind it and is a big fan of the program. Really disappointing to see the low turn out. The weather no doubt played a part but the problem is more that there is a large part of the student body that has no interest in rugby. Changing demographics play a big role.

Hopefully when the team beats Waverley at home on 3 August to win the comp we get a sunny day and the team gets the support it deserves.
You mean when you play off to see who finishes 2nd on the table on 3rd Aug

End of the day Waverley were the worse quality team and I think they got lucky to scrape by with a win. I know there was that one Aloys try that probably shouldn't have been allowed be really they were the better side 90% of that game. Again I'll say that they are about to get pumped against Cranbrook at their home. Embarrassing that the reigning champs have been reduced to this. A disgrace to the memory of the Waverley College of old.
Gee has schoolboy rugby changed since 2002 that winning by 18 is scraping by with the win

Touchie123

Bob McCowan (2)
Gee has schoolboy rugby changed since 2002 that winning by 18 is scraping by with the win
Scoreline doesn't really reflect the contest in my opinion. Also, I believe he was more referring to the fact that Aloys are not a historically strong side whereas Waverley are the reigning champs. They should have put 50 on and they didn't. Not exactly bragging rights for the Aloys boys but definitely a slight embarrassment for the Queen's Park lads.

Cheers,
Gerald

Last edited:

gaberoberts1

Frank Row (1)
1. St Aloysius
2. Cranbrook
3. Knox
4. Waverley
5. Barker
6. Trinity
I think this table is based off a lot of chat coming from Cranbrook kids on this forum - there rugby this year isn’t special from my humble sideline perspective. Knox are looking ok but nothing like a few years back, a better table would have to be:

1. Aloys (I just don’t see them placing anywhere else)
2. Barker
3. Knox
4. Waverly
5. Cranbrook
6. Trinity (cats)

moa999

Alfred Walker (16)
You've got two of the games wrong.
22/6/2024
BC:SAC
KGS:TGS
CS:WC

Personally see three teams on two wins, and the rest after this weekend.

RugbyBot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cranbrook v Waves is game of round. Cranbrook looked handy against Knox and Waves shipped 3 tries to Aloys, so could be an upset on the cards.

SuperCoach12

Bob McCowan (2)
Also would like to come on the forum and see what people think of my predicted CAS 1 SIDE:

1. Nick Hill
2. Max Meagher
3.Amari-Jay TANGI
4.TJ talaileva
5.Ehren Little
6.Heath Turner
7.Jarvis Orr
8.Ollie Aboud
9.Hugo Schnider
10.Harrison Dene
11.Reilly Caswell
12.Troy Patea