• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Canes v Reds at the Cake Tin - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raugeee

Professional referees are always impeccably fair and honourable. I don't think it reflects well on anyone to say otherwise, especially when the knowledge of the rules by most fans is so laughably limited by comparison. Usually, when supporters claim to be robbed, it is because they know virtually nothing about what happened. The fact that both sets of fans claim to have been equally robbed after each game should tell you all you need to know about that.

If professional referees are so unquestionably fair and honest how do explain this interesting little stat? ( published by this estimable forum )

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/untouchables/

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great, we agree on neutral Match Officials. Tremendous! All concerned Rugby fans should let SANZAR know how we feel. The Super 15 comp doesn't need to leak any supporters.

"Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done." - Lord Chief Justice Hewart

My issue wasn't with your call for neutral referees. It was with the manner in which you did this. Whingeing about referees pre-game, whether they are neutral or not, and bringing up conspiracy theories like multiple "questionable yellow cards" is embarrassing.

R

Raugeee

My issue wasn't with your call for neutral referees. It was with the manner in which you did this. Whingeing about referees pre-game, whether they are neutral or not, and bringing up conspiracy theories like multiple "questionable yellow cards" is embarrassing.

Are you getting personal here? I thought was against the rules..........I know the turth hurts sometimes but I'm just calling it as I see it.

R

Raugeee

The ABs cheat smarter, especially in respect of how and where they take penalty risks. They are particularly smart in the red zone.

At least we're in agreement here. I'll just highlight 2 keywords there, AB's ( read Kiwis ) and cheat. Yes. It's integral to their whole rugby way of life. Why on earth do we allow home Match Officials that are groomed in that approach actually handle important games?

All my complaints would dissipate if neutral officials were used. Sure, it wouldn't be perfect but it is the only solution.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
At least we're in agreement here. I'll just highlight 2 keywords there, AB's ( read Kiwis ) and cheat. Yes. It's integral to their whole rugby way of life. Why on earth do we allow home Match Officials that are groomed in that approach actually handle important games?

All my complaints would dissipate if neutral officials were used. Sure, it wouldn't be perfect but it is the only solution.

Our players cheat just as much. The Kiwi players simply demonstrate superior skills at it.

I don't believe for a moment that your complaints would lessen one iota if neutral referees were used. You will still have been robbed by the time the game ends.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't believe for a moment that your complaints would lessen one iota if neutral referees were used. You will still have been robbed by the time the game ends.

Exactly, however it is the perceived home town bias that breeds additional and sometimes misguided "cheating" calls that can very easily be dealt to.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
blah blah blah, the amount of times Ant has put the Reds on the front foot from a dominant tackle this season alone is countless, unfortunately they don't count those in the official statistics.

I agree, just like his counterpart at the Tahs, he does some things well and the rest adequately

R

RuckinGoodStats

Kicker stats for the likely place kickers:

Hurricanes: Cruden 83% (10 from 12); Barrett (Kirkpatrick not even in reserves so Barrett likely kicker replacement if Cruden get soft)
Reds: Cooper 69% (37 from 54); Harris 100% (8 from 8)

R

Raugeee

Our players cheat just as much. The Kiwi players simply demonstrate superior skills at it.

I can see you're a roll over and take sort of guy. Non neutral refs are a disgrace and totally unnecesssary. You're implications are that refs aren't biased merely stupid which is why the Kwis can pull the wool over their eyes.

I feel you're really denigrating these noble professionals.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Drop it Raugeee; complaining about refs ad nauseum is poor form, doing it before the game has even started is plumb crazy.

If the Reds turn up and play well they will take the ref out of the game. Half the way to winning the battle with the ref to get the 50/50 decisions to be to dominant in other facets of play.

Plus I am sick of ref complaints currently.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Maybe I'm bias towards the Reds but that looked like he grounded it, I see quite a few of those given in League.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Poor miss by Cooper though on the easy conversion. Reds unlucky not to have a second try.

Looks like the Canes could be in for a long night so far.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Poor execution to throw away great field position then Hanson throws a marginal not straight lineout.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cooper makes his first tackle of the night with a good tackle around he ankles on Gear.

Good turnover then the Reds blow he lineout again to give Canes good field position. Canes finding lots of room out wide.

Canes in the corner after some pressure and poor Reds defence. Could be high scoring.

Reds are looking very sloppy though. Hanson has butchered two lineouts already.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Both reds wingers have been caught out of position, leading to a line break down the left and a try down the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.