• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bulls v Rebels Round 2 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The number of stupid handling mistakes the Rebels have made is breathtaking. Thompson's drop over the goal line must be one of the all-time great fails.

This game is lost already unless the Rebels change their skills.

Well now Adam has had his James O'Connor moment = Karma , lucky it was at the start of the season . Given the raft of changes the fightback was commendable as I suspect the Rebels were a bit flat after Perth . Add JD having an off day with the boot the result could have been a complete blowout . The only constants appeared to be McMahon , Jones and Jordy . I thought the right side defense was sorely lacking . Jonah may need to swat up on some tackling skills and JD needs to sharpen up his passing . Timani ,I just didn't notice him (was he injured?) . Last time I looked the Rebels had 25 missed tackles ....with stats like that the scoreline could have been a cricket score . The Rebels are much better than that ... onward and upward boys !

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Well well.

Lots of talk and promise of a new game they want to play in Pretoria. I was skeptical but there was ample evidence of it in the first fifty.

But we went to sleep which is something the Bulls often do when they have a lead. Subs were a bit soft and we lost shape.

Pleases though and it's a start. A small start but a arts nonetheless.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Well well.

Lots of talk and promise of a new game they want to play in Pretoria. I was skeptical but there was ample evidence of it in the first fifty.

But we went to sleep which is something the Bulls often do when they have a lead. Subs were a bit soft and we lost shape.

Pleases though and it's a start. A small start but a arts nonetheless.

Blue, yes they went to sleep, but its nice that they continued ball in hand throughout.

Marais trick from here is to stay expressive in attack, but get more traditional style Saffer mongrel in defence. Thought Hattingh was superb.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Big problem for Bulls is the 10,12,13 combos they have fieldsed have spent little time together but that don't excuse the rest of the players falling off tackles.

Having Pollard call the shots from 10 is going to make a big difference.

Hattingh was good. He is prone to brain explosions but seems to be doing the basics well this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.