• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bulls v Rebels Round 2 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
It's a balanced team and absolutely appropriate for the Bulls.

Good to see three jumpers and a bit more height in the backrow, although we've lost a bit of ball stealing with Colby out and Jordy on the bench.

Bring on midnight Saturday!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
This is a fantastic opportunity for the Rebels to break their drought in SA. That's a very good side with consistency in selections and some excellent bench cover. Up against a very inexperienced Bulls' side, the Rebels should have a comfortable win.

Wow. OK. We're bad but not that bad. Delayed rebuilding, about 5 years late.

To suggest the Rebels will win comfortably at Loftus, even against such a rookie team is a bit ambitious don't you think?

I think the Bulls will still win a close one. They have a quicker back row that they have had in some time and a capable midfield and can play at a pace we are not used to in Pretoria.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I think he made the wrong call with the lock switching.

You lose his sheer bulk behind the tighthead, and gets tits for hands at the back of the scrum. Although his loose running suits 8 more than Jones does 6.

Otherwise it's a good opportunity for a decent side to maybe win our first. Definitely not favourites, but fairly even contest.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i am hopeful and even a tad optimistic, but not many teams win away at Pretoria. if they do, and on paper probably should, then it is certainly a marker for their improvement

dru

David Wilson (68)

To suggest the Rebels will win comfortably at Loftus, even against such a rookie team is a bit ambitious don't you think?

I think the Bulls will still win a close one. They have a quicker back row that they have had in some time and a capable midfield and can play at a pace we are not used to in Pretoria.

Ive got the Bulls on a close game, too. Rebels in with a real shot though.

Rebels pack will want to attack the scrum once the Bulls front row swaps for the bench. With injuries the back lines aren't as far adrift as people suggest. Not sure about Serfontein sliding across one slot to 13. Quiet game last week.

In the Bulls favour is that they have very few changes to the team since last week.

A loss will not go down well at Loftus.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Just my thoughts on the game Blue. But I agree that the rebuilding at the Bulls is about 5 years late.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
A game the Rebel should win, so we will properly lose some how.

Don't mind the 23, hopefully we hit our line outs and we will be in with a chance.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Beautiful phase of backline play, unfortunately dropped just before the line by Thomson under no pressure.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Bulls over for their 2nd, little bit of everything going wrong in that phase of play.

Conversion successful. 14-5 to the bulls, from what should have been 7-8 with a kick to come.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Bulls aren't even pretending to stay on their feet at the ruck. They've taken their chances though, Rebels deeply poor out wide on defence.

Debreczeni running well but his passing is just rubbish.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The number of stupid handling mistakes the Rebels have made is breathtaking. Thompson's drop over the goal line must be one of the all-time great fails.

This game is lost already unless the Rebels change their skills.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
That was a shocker. Another South African dicking coming up. Defence out wide is non-existent. Getting blown up at the ruck as well.

Jesus another one. Heads dropping. Body language is terrible out there. They aren't competing at the ruck, missing tackles, and then they're still getting beaten for numbers out wide.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
It's just shocking. No reward for effort early on, couple of well worked tries, can't see us coming back. I'm not going to bed, but urgh.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
It's just shocking. No reward for effort early on, couple of well worked tries, can't see us coming back. I'm not going to bed, but urgh.

That was the bad old days that half. Hard to pick out a single good player. The Bulls props and loosies are causing absolute havoc. I'm hoping that the players really were just cooked by Perth, because the alternative is not good.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
23 missed fucking tackles at half time!! Their Props are running around like fucking wingers. Shit, shit, shit.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Hopefully we've heard the last of the 'Timani's an 8' chat. Completely invisible, and not in the good way. Reckon he's missed as many tackles as he's made. Offering absolutely nothing at the ruck or going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.