• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Lions, 7:45pm Fri May 12 - GIO Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I had been thinking that Toua could be tried at 10 to give Hawera a bit of a rest but his atrocious passing that directly led to last night's loss has put an end to that bit of cogitation. I really do think that Banks must come in to 15 to not only reduce the number of errors but to add a bit of spark to the attack as well.

Joe Powell again had an eye-opening performance last night. He has added a sniping/running aspect to his game and is consistently putting in performances that will see him in the Wallabies' squad this year.
I was wondering how JJH@10 and Hawera @ 12 would go.

Toua lacks the skills and is just to erratic, especially with his decision making, I still think wing for him.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Which makes me wonder what does it take to get the 3x Wallabies at 12 & 13 & 14 in to the game? Admittedly having a @15 that passes to the opposition doesn't help, but surly someone else can step up?
Bring back bernie or walks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Despite the farcical, almost unbelievable amount of serious incompetence, negligence, ludicrous legal fights, sacked CEOs, alleged illegalities, vast wasted financial resources, loss of good sponsors, all as induced or executed by the truly hapless, poorly governed ACTRU....

....seriously, it's actually a credit to the strengths of the 2017 Brumbies rugby department that they can put out a quite competitive Super team that is (just) doing better than all other of the typically mismanaged Australian Super teams.

We often forget the horrendous state of the ACTRU board. It's self-centred delinquencies must have had many negative impacts upon the Brumbies rugby playing arm that would have been hard to work around and overcome.

I think that we can definitely add the ACTRU to the ARU/NSWRU/QRU triumvirate of incompetence. The outsider bit is a thing of the past, they're in the mainstream of it all now.

EDIT: AND being in the mainstream of this stuff isn't a compliment.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
One errant pass that resulted in a try against the run of play certainly turned the game, but teams should bounce back from those things. The greater frustration was lost line outs at crucial times when there was good field position, and the number of times the Lions managed to turn over possession in the tackle.

I will also say that the tuning down of a gift three points at an early point in the game beggars belief. I think it is the fourth time the Brumbies have done it this season from memory. One resulted in a try and much high fiving and back slapping, three yielded no points and an eventual turnover of possession. The oft quoted cliche comes to mind, "take the points".

But that was only one of Aiden's poor passes last night. There were quite a few more.

I agree about the lineout problems. Remember even back in the trial match v the Tahs out west, they turned over many lineout possessions close to the Tahs line. Same thing on other occasions this year as well. I think it shows that both JMR and Robbie Abel are poor lineout throwers. Hooker is another positon the Brumbies will need to strengthen next year.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Force could beat the Highlanders yet.

From a Saffa vantage it's a tad sad the Crusaders beat the Hurricanes. Really seems like the Crusaders will take the competition this year.

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
After watching the replay, not the best watching game. The Lions were good enough to win and have won all 3 Australian games, the Brumbies weren't and aren't good enough to win games. Its just awful that the top Australian teams would be last in both the NZ and Af2 conferences. I was really hoping for something special from the Brumbies to jump start some life into Aus rugby.
On a positive note Joe Powell is really developing well, a glimpse of light coming from a dark place.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It is interesting that MOST posters heavily criticise Toua but that fabled Wallabies backs coach continues to select him at 15

Is there no-one else even remotely capable at the Brumbies playing roster ?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Toua has some good aspects to his game but his option taking is generally poor. Banks put in a MOTM performance the previous game when he had the No 15 spot. I'd like to see him take the starting spot for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.