• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Lions, 7:45pm Fri May 12 - GIO Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Ref: Paul Williams
AR1: Nick Briant
AR2: Jordan Way
TMO: Ian Smith

Big game for the Brumbies to extend their gap on the Waratahs, who have the bye.

The Lions will be looking for a clean sweep of all Aussie sides in 2017 and going for maximum points on their 3 game Australian tour and this is the first time in 6 years they've played in Canberra.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
A referee who was almost universally criticised for his last performance in charge of a top of the conferences match (;)). I know that officials are supposedly appointed some weeks in advance (but completely opaquely, so we really don't know what the appointments decisions are or how they take any poor performances into account), but it would be a step in the right direction to retain the confidence of the fans if a few changes were publicly made when poor performances are so obvious.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Will the warning be recognised and heeded? In any case, it wouldn't be any surprise if it happened to be something quite different this week that comes under his eagle eye.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Lions:

15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Sylvian Mahuza, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Warren Whiteley (captain), 7 Ruan Ackermann, 6 Kwagga Smith, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Johannes Jonker, 2 Robbie Coetzee, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Jacques van Rooyen, 18 Ruan Dreyer, 19 Lourens Erasmus, 20 Robert Kruger/Cyle Brink, 21 Dillon Smit, 22 Jacques Nel, 23 Anthony Volmink

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
A referee who was almost universally criticised for his last performance in charge of a top of the conferences match (;)). I know that officials are supposedly appointed some weeks in advance (but completely opaquely, so we really don't know what the appointments decisions are or how they take any poor performances into account), but it would be a step in the right direction to retain the confidence of the fans if a few changes were publicly made when poor performances are so obvious.

C'mon Brumby let's face it, he was probably appointed so the Fans had someone to blame, apart from their own team and players:p

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
5 changes for the Brumbies.

1. Ben ALEXANDER
2. Josh MANN-REA
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Rory ARNOLD
5. Sam CARTER (c)
6. Scott FARDY
7. Jarrad BUTLER
8. Jordan SMILER
9. Joe POWELL
10. Wharenui HAWERA
11. James DARGAVILLE
12. Kyle GODWIN
13. Tevita KURIDRANI
14. Henry SPEIGHT
15. Aidan TOUA

REPLACEMENTS

16. Robbie ABEL
17. Nic MAYHEW
18. Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN
19. Blake ENEVER
20. Ben HYNE
21. De Wet ROOS
22. Jordan JACKSON-HOPE
23. Tom BANKS

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Only two of the selections I would question.

Toua back in for Banks after Banks' very impressive last game.

Godwin returning to No 12. His form has been fairly poor all year - probably should have returned via the bench.

Reactions: mst

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tribalism is peaking.

Tahs supporters are hoping for a Lions victory and a Reds defeat, both by huge margins.

Reds supporters are hoping for a huge win for the Lions as well as the Reds.

Brumbies supporters want a big win for their team and a large loss for the Reds.

Just hope it works out well for the Reds

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Lions I think will win this and I hope they do. They play the better brand of rugby and that is pretty much all I care about.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Let's go Brumbies. Last chance for the Lions with their piss easy schedule to lose and see an NZ side, thet being the Cantabs, get home field advantage for playoffs

TMO: Ian Smith
Jesus! Terrible!

"Sorry ref, can't watch any replays at the moment, currently busy on the other line chatting to TJ about the Cantabs."

Status
Not open for further replies.