• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Hurricanes QF - Friday 21 July - 7:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
This shit gets hard to watch.

Force would of put 30 on this canes side.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
This shit gets hard to watch.

Force would of put 30 on this canes side.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
No no they wouldn't have and didnt. You werent good enough to make the finals..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You have to be good enough to make the finals first...

Brumbies were the most consistent side amongst oz sides...I get the sentiment towards Force from some posters...but Brumbies battled well against well drilled highlanders side....and doubt the Force would have done much better if take relative season performances....

Brumbies exceeded expectations for this season as considering loss of key personnel from last season to overseas/sabbaticals etc and what I thought was weak roster...many like me did not see them topping the conference...

Oz rugby sides have simply not been in the hunt but Brumbies been best of average bunch of oz sides...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't understand why they brought off Dargaville for Lilo.............

Dargaville was having a blinder.........

I would've been much happy to see Hawera off in that second half - he did alright in the first, but he gave away too much ball that we were struggling to get a hold of.

Good games from AAA, Arnold and A Smith............ and Banks looked threatening when he had the ball.

I think we've got a reasonable team to build on for next year, particularly with Pocock coming back.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
It was yellow at a minimum.....

It has been all year.

I understand the "mandate". I don't think any of you realise how ridiculous it's application is though. Just because someone gets a knock to the head shouldn't mean it's automatically a card. That collision was simply not foul play. He didn't "line him up" (despite the unbiased opinion of IS), he didn't shoulder charge him, it wasn't reckless. It was a normal collision on a player that was falling to the ground.

Jackson had no inclination anything had happened until he started staring at the screen watching replays. Guess what? You slow down every ruck and tackle and see how much of the game we get through.

The thing that is really sad is that the IRB has no faith in their referees to come to a reasonable decision on their own. So they give them these inflexible rules that come up with consistently dodgy calls. Perhaps understandable given the calibre of refs they rate, looking at you Jackson.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I understand the "mandate". I don't think any of you realise how ridiculous it's application is though. Just because someone gets a knock to the head shouldn't mean it's automatically a card. That collision was simply not foul play. He didn't "line him up" (despite the unbiased opinion of IS), he didn't shoulder charge him, it wasn't reckless. It was a normal collision on a player that was falling to the ground.

Jackson had no inclination anything had happened until he started staring at the screen watching replays. Guess what? You slow down every ruck and tackle and see how much of the game we get through.

The thing that is really sad is that the IRB has no faith in their referees to come to a reasonable decision on their own. So they give them these inflexible rules that come up with consistently dodgy calls. Perhaps understandable given the calibre of refs they rate, looking at you Jackson.

Nah, no arms and contact to the head should always be a card...........

It may not have been intentional, but definitely reckless...........

It would've been red if he wasn't already being brought down in the tackle.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Well and truly in the game to the 70th minute. Too many replacements upset the combinations and game flow in the Brumbies and the Canes took full advantage. Arnold replaced at 60 minutes was on the mark; he had a storming game but a man of his bulk cannot be expected to continue at that pace over 80 minutes. Joey Powell, Allan Ala'alatoa and Jordan Smiler should not have been replaced. Joey was on top of his game and was matching TJP blow for blow. Tomas made some decisive errors in the last little bit, but he did also pull off a good turnover close to the line. AA was just about MOTM when he was taken off. That was a decision that just cannot be defended. And Smiler plays with more aggression than Jarrad B and that was what was needed at the end of the game. Probably wouldn't have won, but I don't think they would have been run over in the last 10 minutes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.