• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Hurricanes QF - Friday 21 July - 7:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
BR, I mostly agree with you but thought Butler looked alright when he came on for Smiler...........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And Fardy was a bit Jekyll and Hyde out there tonight............

He's still the best 6 in the country, but he did a few really dumb things that cost us.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Comms said it was just a straight sub - that was from the sideline too. Are you sure?

Yeah, I assumed it was because he got knocked around a bit but the commentators definitely said that he was fine and it was just a straight sub.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And Fardy was a bit Jekyll and Hyde out there tonight....

He's still the best 6 in the country, but he did a few really dumb things that cost us.

I agree, he is. But the Hyde might be why Cheika is reluctant to pick him (not that I agree with that premise personally). I think the upside in physicality from him is worth the risk of some penalties, and we don't seem to have a better option. I mean, if we pick a 6 who concedes no penalties but gets monstered, I don't think we're better off.
Sorry to derail the thread a bit.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Congrats canes, clearly the better team.

The Brums started with a plan that feel away under pressure. Substitutions seemed to reduce cohesion but ultimately the canes' execution was decisive.
ba7fec397327c0e2caa03a17cfdfedcd.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Kudos to the Brumbies for effort there. Committed and gave it plenty but just not enough to beat the Canes. By the way, if the Wallabies can at least play with the application and drive of the Brumbies, then we might be getting somewhere. I don't think we have the squad (even potentially), organisation and accuracy to beat the ABs, let alone the game plan as witnessed in Tests thus far this year, but at least we would see an honest account of ourselves. And they showed pressure can be brought to bear on the best NZ teams. Gotta hold out some faint hope, eh? ;)

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Nah, no arms and contact to the head should always be a card.....

It may not have been intentional, but definitely reckless.....

It would've been red if he wasn't already being brought down in the tackle.

No arms? Come on, they're attached to the shoulder dude. It was a perfectly fine tackle technique wise. The dude just went from standing full length a foot above him to a foot below him after he planted his feet for the tackle.

I simply cannot agree in the slightest that it was reckless. A penalty, fine. Anything more is the realm of the ostrich, IMO of course.

As for the game, I think the Brumbies can be reasonably proud of the game they put in. They were in it for most of the match. Bit sceptical of what Larkham's doing down there but he gets brownie's for being a good player I guess. Less cattle to work with as well.

M

Moono75

can't fault the Brumbies effort and that's all you can ask. Canes absorbed the pressure and capitalised on their opportunities.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Er, no..... it was not.

Is this why you Aussies miss so many tackles? ;)

"Hey kids, make sure to only tackle with the arms. I know that shoulder might want to come with, but leave it behind. Lead with the fingers, start with a tickle, then the rest will work itself out."

Reactions: dru

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is this why you Aussies miss so many tackles? ;)

"Hey kids, make sure to only tackle with the arms. I know that shoulder might want to come with, but leave it behind. Lead with the fingers, start with a tickle, then the rest will work itself out."

41EF4AD000000578-4656738-image-a-31_1498904295466.jpg

:p

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
How does a player like Sam Lousi, who really only ever played 20 minutes off the bench a game for the Tahs improve for the Hurricanes to where he plays a full game and performs solidly. At the Tahs describing him as a journeyman would have been kind.

Maybe something for Kafer to look into in his new role?

Status
Not open for further replies.