• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Hurricanes QF - Friday 21 July - 7:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah, I assumed it was because he got knocked around a bit but the commentators definitely said that he was fine and it was just a straight sub.

Larkham said post match it was for the head knock when tackling Riccitelli.

Well done to the Hurricanes. They showed up in that second half and really turned the screws on the Brumbies.

All that tackling they had to do was always going to catch up with them and they did well to only concede the 2 penalty goals before the blow out with the Perenara and 2nd Goosen tries when they were chasing the game.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Jules was dogshit. Giant plump sleepy pudding. Does he even like rugby? Stands around out on his wing like it’s fucken 1976.

Took a while for the Barrett bros to find their string but find it they did.

I see all 804 of the loyal Brumbies fans turned up. Goodbye for another year to that frozen jarring concrete ice cream headache clanger of a stadium and all its dull-as-shit matches contained therein.

Brumbies in it til they subbed Rory Arnold. 16-18 then. Shit the Canes would’ve been glad to see the back of him. Brumbies forwards had owned the Canes pack up until then.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well my take on the game may of been a bit different to a lot of others.
When my wife said at the 30 minute mark she thought the Canes had played their big game last week and looked in trouble I am said nah they got this by 20 easy (I know I know I was wrong), although the Brumbies were leading they did almost nothing that indicated to me they would trouble the defensive screen of the Canes enough times to win. Although I have absolutely no probs with Jackson's decision to bin JTA,it is the laws of the game,but it is an indication to me that in 30 years we will be watching players just allowed to tag each other, or realistically on that kind of call you won't be able to be a second man in tackle area in case someone falls into you as you go to tackle them. Will make the game real fun for Mums and a few posters on here, but I suspect the rest of us might end up watching a contact sport. All in all not a bad game, I was a little disappointed that the Brumbies didn't make me a little more nervous as a Cane's man, was a piss poor crowd for a QF I thought, but was pleased to see the players at end of game seeming to be quite respectful of each other, looked pretty genuine in the warmth etc of the handshakes etc.
Oh and I don't often agree with Shiggins but TJP's words about Lilo struck as class, and to see the embrace afterwards reminds me why I love this game!

Akula

Herbert Moran (7)
Not sure why Glen Jackson called the pass from Beauden to Jordie forward. It clearly wasn't. Still you could see what was going to happen after 55 minutes or so. Brumbies starting to run out of puff at that point and sure enough.

Probable semi in Jo'burg for us. Tough game but I think we can do it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
To me, the coaches got to the Canes at half time, said stop playing in your own half and from that moment it was game over

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
And Fardy was a bit Jekyll and Hyde out there tonight....

He's still the best 6 in the country, but he did a few really dumb things that cost us.

He is good at what he does, but it comes with a cost in penalties conceded

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Congrats to the Brims for getting there.

Some interesting decisions by Larkham and he still doesn't instill my faith in him at Wallaby level.

The crowd down there was disgraceful. Shows just what support they get in a SF.

Just based on that, the team I'd flick out of the Aussie Conference would be the Brumbies (plus other reasons of course)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well my take on the game may of been a bit different to a lot of others.
When my wife said at the 30 minute mark she thought the Canes had played their big game last week and looked in trouble I am said nah they got this by 20 easy (I know I know I was wrong), although the Brumbies were leading they did almost nothing that indicated to me they would trouble the defensive screen of the Canes enough times to win. Although I have absolutely no probs with Jackson's decision to bin JTA,it is the laws of the game,but it is an indication to me that in 30 years we will be watching players just allowed to tag each other, or realistically on that kind of call you won't be able to be a second man in tackle area in case someone falls into you as you go to tackle them. Will make the game real fun for Mums and a few posters on here, but I suspect the rest of us might end up watching a contact sport. All in all not a bad game, I was a little disappointed that the Brumbies didn't make me a little more nervous as a Cane's man, was a piss poor crowd for a QF I thought, but was pleased to see the players at end of game seeming to be quite respectful of each other, looked pretty genuine in the warmth etc of the handshakes etc.
Oh and I don't often agree with Shiggins but TJP's words about Lilo struck as class, and to see the embrace afterwards reminds me why I love this game!

there's a lot in what you say but I support the laws and their application: I reckon we might be competitive with you guys in a game of tag

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I understand the "mandate". I don't think any of you realise how ridiculous it's application is though. Just because someone gets a knock to the head shouldn't mean it's automatically a card. That collision was simply not foul play. He didn't "line him up" (despite the unbiased opinion of IS), he didn't shoulder charge him, it wasn't reckless. It was a normal collision on a player that was falling to the ground.

Jackson had no inclination anything had happened until he started staring at the screen watching replays. Guess what? You slow down every ruck and tackle and see how much of the game we get through.

The thing that is really sad is that the IRB has no faith in their referees to come to a reasonable decision on their own. So they give them these inflexible rules that come up with consistently dodgy calls. Perhaps understandable given the calibre of refs they rate, looking at you Jackson.

This is what I said:
He had time to pull but he wanted to nail him.

Do you say he tackled him by accident? Look at his eyes when you get the VCR working.
and what's with "I don't think any of you have played the game" and "don't think any of you realise how ridiculous it's application is though".
Just because you have the 5 best provincial teams in the world and the best team in the world that does not give you infallible insight into all things rugby with this patronising shit, unless you're Dan Carter GOAT or their ilk.
There would not be a poster on this site who hasn't had to sit through a similar yellow card for his team this season: stop lecturing us.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I'd think with the amount of players having to sit out with concussion symptoms, Dane Coles included, would answer any questions about cards for hits to the head.

Anyway from someone that hauled my frozen arse to the game, i enjoyed watching my team having a good crack at the Canes, and frustrating the hell out of them in the first half. AAA once again showing that he's miles ahead of his competition, and a surprisingly good game from Andrew Smith. BTW would love to see Banks get a holiday to Wallaby camp. Is a great prospect for the future.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
there's a lot in what you say but I support the laws and their application: I reckon we might be competitive with you guys in a game of tag

yep mate, I not really knocking the laws, but I worry where it will end up, I certainly understand player safety, but also think that rugby is a contact game played at speed, and if you are going to legislate to take every risk out we won't be playing rugby.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Looking at the stats just reinforces what a massive game AAA had...

Topped the tackle count with 19 (3 dominant) and only one missed...

39 metres off 5 carries and 1 linebreak....

And a strong scrummaging performance... not bad for a tight head.

Just a shame he didn't get the first try, I had a fiver on him at 101/1

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
yep mate, I not really knocking the laws, but I worry where it will end up, I certainly understand player safety, but also think that rugby is a contact game played at speed, and if you are going to legislate to take every risk out we won't be playing rugby.

Or all players will have to learn to tackle safely. What's wrong with that?

Aim lower. It's not all that hard, shirley?

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
So putting on my mum of sons hat here, while I was always happy and still am happy for my son to play rugby, there are shed loads of parents that aren't comfortable seeing their kids even getting tackled safely. You just have to look at the rising rate of soccer participation. If you want to continue to grow the game, there has to be some sort of duty of care surrounding it. I get that you don't want to sanitise the game completely, I don't either.

Like it or not, if one of these guys that gets smacked in the head by an errant elbow or shoulder gets seriously injured, these days they're more than likely to sue for damages. The game can't afford that either.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think I've nailed it. Rugby is so soft in this country because we have a generation of parents that wrap their kids up in cotton wool.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah they do. Plus we live in a litigious society. My kids play the sports they choose not what I've led them to. Oldest has played from age 5. He's almost 21. Came home with a massive gash out of his leg yesterday. He was proud as

Status
Not open for further replies.