• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
If he had his permanent residence in Oz he could be excused from having to be in the country for short periods eg playing in the ITM. The burden would be on the player to prove that his absence did not interrupt permanent residence.

Everything is on a case by case basis; so it is of no purpose to ask: what about this or that.

Not quite right the 36 months consecutive is quoted excessively in IRB Regulation 8. Citizenship counts for little. An example from last year was IRB determining Ruaidhri Murphy as Irish because he played Irish U20 and born in Ireland but Australian citizen. It is birth, grandparents then 36 months.

Attachments

• 120531gfirbhandbook2012freg8eng.pdf
    85 KB · Views: 321

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not quite right the 36 months consecutive is quoted excessively in IRB Regulation 8. Citizenship counts for little. An example from last year was IRB determining Ruaidhri Murphy as Irish because he played Irish U20 and born in Ireland but Australian citizen. It is birth, grandparents then 36 months.

Speaking of which, how long until Murphy is 'Australian'?

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Suckerforred and Pink Rugby should probably head over to the Canberra Times website as there's a few photos of David Pocock sans maillot doing sprints. The CT has been quite shameless, putting one of those shirtless photos on the front page to try to sell their rag to young female public servants.
May they continue to be shameless.

P

Paradox

ng-gallery-brumbies-20121029171703762961-620x414.jpg

http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-uni...ning-and-eager-to-improve-20121029-28fwb.html

To'omua looks super fit.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)

In the case of Swanepoel, who I was talking about, I doubt if his leaving Oz for a while would count against him since he spent 10 years in Oz. And on the residency thing you can leave a country for a while: they mention that you should reside physically in a country for 10 months for a year of eligibility to count.

Though working in another country is not mentioned as an acceptable reason for an absence of 2 months it is not excluded and you could see where a short stint would be accepted.

If he was there for longer I would assume that his residency of 10 years in Oz would have qualified him an an Aussie in the eyes of the IRB and that any Super team that he has signed up with has already cleared it.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah to be honest I always though the Swanepoel being declared ineligible for Australia after he was previously eligible was a bit strange.

I can't see any logical system that would work that way. Maybe it was a myth that just took hold? We're all guilty of presuming baseless information was correct at some point.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To'omua looks super fit.

However.........

The Canberra Times believes To'omua is looking to secure a short stint at an overseas club in order to to build his match fitness for the Super Rugby season.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/brumbies/To'omua-brightens-on-injury-as-comeback-on-horizon-20121030-28i5g.html#ixzz2An0DPs2l

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Obviously the players saw the 'new' lineup.

Rathbone laughed when asked about the Brumbies' healthy South African contingent, with props Ruan Smith, lock Etienne Oosthuizen, and coach White also hailing from the rainbow nation.
The two players the Brumbies yesterday announced to fill the final places on their Extended Player Squad - halfback Mark Swanepoel and outside back Stephan van der Walt - were also born there.
Swanepoel has spent two years in the Canterbury Crusaders system.
He joins the Brumbies as cover for injured halfback Nic White, who is racing the clock to be fit for round one after shoulder surgery in the off-season.
''We're slowly taking over, it's been Jake's master plan from day one and we'll all be speaking Afrikaans soon,'' Rathbone joked.
''It comes down to steak at the end of the day, most of what 'Oosti' [Oosthuizen] and Ruan are eating is dead animals, so far so good.''

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Would be a good move for him and the team if he did..

A sneaky 3 games before the end of 2012 would be great but I dont't know where he'd get them unless he left now. Maybe he could go to the Exeter Chiefs like Peter Kimlin and try to get a relationship going between Exeter and the Brumbies?

However, I think Exeter were playing 2nd Div when Kimlin went so maybe they'd be less willing.

kiwi

Frank Nicholson (4)
A sneaky 3 games before the end of 2012 would be great but I dont't know where he'd get them unless he left now. Maybe he could go to the Exeter Chiefs like Peter Kimlin and try to get a relationship going between Exeter and the Brumbies?

However, I think Exeter were playing 2nd Div when Kimlin went so maybe they'd be less willing.
I reckon Bath might be the one

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
We're all guilty of presuming baseless information was correct at some point.
Guilty as charged Your Honour.

Incidentally, Exeter was already playing in the AP (1st Div) when Kimlin was there because I saw him on TV and they don't televise the 2nd Div.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
To'omua did spend sometime with the Stormers currie cup squad i think end off 2010... perhaps he can go back for a few matches

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
It'd be just Matt To'omua's luck that he would get injured playing preseason matches to improve his fitness.

Crickey he's unlucky. Must've walked under a ladder to avoid a black cat and accidentally caused the collapse of a mirror factory or something.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Lealiifano has been even more cursed with injury. THe last 3 seasons he's been our form inside back (and damn close to the form Aussie inside back) for a good chunk of the season before being cut down with some serious injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.