• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YearOfTheBrumby

Anyone heard much about Stephan Van Der Walt? Heard plenty about Mark but nothing about Stephan!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Fun fun fun der Walt's been playing for the Sunshine Coast Stingrays, at least in 2011.

Also had some time between Uni of Qld and NZ in 2012.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Van der walt played for sunshine coast in 2011 in the QLD premier grade and was part of the sevens program. He was supposed to have signed with GPS last year but I didn't see him play 1 game so i am not sure how he was picked up?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I may be a Tahs fan but this was a sight to warm my heart. From pre-season training

ng-gallery-brumbies-20121029171550662504-600x400.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How could they sign Swanny I though he lost his 3 year residency when he went back to NZ?

Maybe a short stint in the ITM Cup didn't break his residency.

I'm not entirely sure what the rules are, but it could well relate to the fact that he is still residing in Australia and has just left for a short period of time.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I am confused about the status of Mark Swanepool, in that when he played for Canterbury NPC he became ineligble for the Force as his 36 month continuous residency ceased.

If he had his permanent residence in Oz he could be excused from having to be in the country for short periods eg playing in the ITM. The burden would be on the player to prove that his absence did not interrupt permanent residence.

Everything is on a case by case basis; so it is of no purpose to ask: what about this or that.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Welocme & congrats to both Mark Swanepoel and Stephan Van Der Walt for making such a wise choice in joining the Brumbies... all the best lads for 2013...

Great to see both Chistian Lealiifano and Matt To'omua back running... I look forward toi seeing both lads light up the field in 2013...

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Great to see Lilo running again.
IMHO the most improved Brumby (with Hooper) in 2012.
Hope he remains first choice no.10

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I agree, I hope Lealifano pushes for a wallabies selection in the number 10. I feel bad for To'omua though, he's also a quality 10, but last year Lealifano was just too good. Not sure how they can utilise To'omua now, he seem to good to be a back-up, I would rather see him at another Aussie team in the first XV.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Suckerforred and Pink Rugby should probably head over to the Canberra Times website as there's a few photos of David Pocock sans maillot doing sprints. The CT has been quite shameless, putting one of those shirtless photos on the front page to try to sell their rag to young female public servants.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I agree, I hope Lealifano pushes for a wallabies selection in the number 10. I feel bad for To'omua though, he's also a quality 10, but last year Lealifano was just too good. Not sure how they can utilise To'omua now, he seem to good to be a back-up, I would rather see him at another Aussie team in the first XV.

there will be room for To'omua, there always is... players move around, look at the crusaders plenty of good players moving around in the backs over the last few years. I dont think we've sent the best of Matt To'omua yet, 2013 could be his year...

S

slater24

Does noone else agree that we should play To'omua at 12 and put Pat McCabe to 13?
After all, 12 is normally considered a second five-eigth and 13 is generally a hard running solid player.
It makes so much sense but noone's suggested it...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I'm sure we'll see him play 10, 12,15 next season at some point, McCabe would be a good 13 but Smith did have a good season last year at 13... nice to have 2 large centers

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)

I'd be happy for the tahs to take him. How about a swap for kingston?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe a short stint in the ITM Cup didn't break his residency.

I'm not entirely sure what the rules are, but it could well relate to the fact that he is still residing in Australia and has just left for a short period of time.

Im not sure about that though. The force tried to get him back last year when Tuner and Stannard went down but as he had lost his residency he couldn’t come hence we signed Holmes.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Suckerforred and Pink Rugby should probably head over to the Canberra Times website as there's a few photos of David Pocock sans maillot doing sprints. The CT has been quite shameless, putting one of those shirtless photos on the front page to try to sell their rag to young female public servants.

Well you could have posted a link!

Status
Not open for further replies.