• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Brumbies side for 2013:

1. Ben du Alexander
2. Stephen van der Moore
3. Daan Palmer
4. Sam Strauss-Carter
5. Schalk Fardy
6. Pieter Kimlin
7. Danie Pocock
8. Fotu Aulea
9. Nic van der Whithuizen
10. CJ van der Lealiifano
11. Chester Speight
12. Pät McCabe
13. Andrew Smit
14. Jean de Tomane
15. Percy Moggomery

Fotu's name is mean enough as it is.
Nice one BaaBaa, here's my one that I did prior to reading this thread...

Ben van der Zander
Stephan Moere
Dannie Palmer
Scott van Fardy
Sias de Carter

Pieter van Kimlin
Etienne Oosthuizen
Ben Moen

Nic de White
Christian van de Fano

Jaco de Tomane
Pat Nduncabe
Andries Smith
Heinrich Speight
Jacques Mogg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some very exciting news over at Brumbies HQ:

Brumbies, UC link in $15m deal

The ACT Brumbies will move into a $15 million high performance centre at the University of Canberra as early as next year for the beginning of what they hope will become the capital's sporting epicentre.
The Canberra Times can reveal the Brumbies will link with the ACT government and the university to build a new multi-million-dollar base for the Super Rugby franchise.
Each party will contribute $5 million to the facility, which will have:
■ A new training oval;
■ Brumbies offices;
■ A high-tech gymnasium;
■ Player treatment facilities and recovery centre;
■ Player kitchen and dining room;
■ Theatrette for team meetings;
■ A sleep centre; and
■ The ability to house multiple sporting teams and organisations.
In another boost to the resurgent Brumbies, the university will remain the club's naming-rights sponsor for at least one more year.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Sounds like what the ballymore redevelopment was supposed to result in up here in brisbane (the current ballymore has lots of that stuff anyway). Regardless its great for the brums

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
While new facilities maybe appealing... Training out in cold windy treeless environment at Bruce may not be so pleasant... But I hope it all works out for the best...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I've said it before and I'll say it again about the state of the current Brumbies headquarters.

They would have to be the worst of any professional side across all sports in Australia. They served their time well as a temporary base but the team has been around now for 16 years and it's time for an upgrade. As an example there are only 3 showers for a team of 35 players.

Look at what the Other Super Rugby teams have. For example, the Force recently had a new facility built an the Waratahs use the Moore Park precinct.

The problem in Canberra is that finding something like that, other than the AIS, doesn't exist. The AIS serves a purpose for National teams but local sides would have to pay hefty hiring fees to get in.

The plan to move to UC is dependent on 2 things occurring first - Labor winning the local election this weekend and also the development of the current site into apartments (a totally separate issue I won't go into) to free up the cash to start building.

The UC precinct won't be limited to just the Brumbies with a number of other local sporting teams in line to use the facilities for themselves in future.

But the new facilities will go a long way to recruiting and retaining players.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
In early election results Labor are in front and this DA is looking OK so far, despite all the NIMBY's over that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.