• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jack White tricked the players into thinking they were doing some cross training.

They got excited when they were told they were hitting the lawn bowls green for the morning.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
i was asking if their was a fitness/conditioning reason for running on a hard surface.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Louie,

The greens aren't what you'd expect to find at a normal club. The grass on them is long and a spongy in some parts and provides a small space to conduct drills etc.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Given that Siliva is young and developing it doesn't seem like a crazy signing to me.

He's experienced and will be serviceable straight away. Given that the alternative would be a young guy with no experience, it makes sense to me.

If you put a young guy with no experience on the EPS and Moore went down, the Brumbies could be in for a world of pain.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Given that Siliva is young and developing it doesn't seem like a crazy signing to me.

He's experienced and will be serviceable straight away. Given that the alternative would be a young guy with no experience, it makes sense to me.

If you put a young guy with no experience on the EPS and Moore went down, the Brumbies could be in for a world of pain.

How much more experienced is he than Siliva really? The highest level they've both played is Oz u20 (maybe u21 in Mann-Rea's time).

I think it's a risky signing disguised as a risk free one (not that it'll necessarily be bad). Since he hasn't played a heap of rugby at a high level I'd think of Mann-Rea as more of an unproven 28 year old (in terms of playing age) rather than an experienced 31 year old.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He's played for quite a few years in Japan.

I'm not saying that he is by any means a superstar but I think it provides good balance when you've got a young, talented guy (Siliva) who is only 21.

I think it gives you some balance in your backups behind Moore. I had forgotten about Hegarty who presumably remains the second choice.

I think it leaves teams vulnerable if they opt for too much youth in the EPS if they've already got what you'd call a young development player in that position in the main squad.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
White wouldn't signed him if he did think he had something to offer... sounds like a Eddie Jones recommendation to white from Japan... ITS Good they got him now he looks like he needs an intense off season to get fit...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He's played for quite a few years in Japan.

I'm not saying that he is by any means a superstar but I think it provides good balance when you've got a young, talented guy (Siliva) who is only 21.

I think it gives you some balance in your backups behind Moore. I had forgotten about Hegarty who presumably remains the second choice.

I think it leaves teams vulnerable if they opt for too much youth in the EPS if they've already got what you'd call a young development player in that position in the main squad.

Hegarty is playing for the largely Aussie team in French D2.

It's a sad day when at hooker you have an ACT product as the 3rd choice for the Rebels, a Vic product as the 2nd choice for the Brumbies, and a WA product as the 2nd choice for the Rebels.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So Hegarty has gone to France? Or will he be back for Super Rugby?

If he has left the Brumbies, my intial point about mixing experience with youth as your backups to Moore holds true.

Players not playing for their team of origin is part and parcel of professional sport. You have to be prepared to move to look for opportunities.

Maybe they'll look to head home once they develop themselves into a first choice option?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
So Hegarty has gone to France? Or will he be back for Super Rugby?

If he has left the Brumbies, my intial point about mixing experience with youth as your backups to Moore holds true.

Players not playing for their team of origin is part and parcel of professional sport. You have to be prepared to move to look for opportunities.

Maybe they'll look to head home once they develop themselves into a first choice option?

I think he's set to miss a season (maybe 2).

Obviously I except it's a reality but it's a sad reality. In plenty of cases (though not all of the hookers I mentioned) they could have been playing at home if their home state had showed them faith.

Zac Holmes for example was unwanted at the Force who will start 2013 with an unqualified South African and an Aussie journeyman.

Status
Not open for further replies.