• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Lealiifano has been even more cursed with injury. THe last 3 seasons he's been our form inside back (and damn close to the form Aussie inside back) for a good chunk of the season before being cut down with some serious injury.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
Is there a wider training group like but not as grand as the Reds College? I remember last year Jake had a handful including Tom Murday. Tom Ruediger I thought was a chance or did he get picked up for the 7's.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Is there a wider training group like but not as grand as the Reds College? I remember last year Jake had a handful including Tom Murday. Tom Ruediger I thought was a chance or did he get picked up for the 7's.
I'm sure I heard that Murday had been running around with the Wider Reds group, so maybe he has returned to Qld and is in the Reds College?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)

There are certainly players from the local clubs running around with the Brumbies squads - just going off guys from Easts who are participating.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lealiifano has been even more cursed with injury. THe last 3 seasons he's been our form inside back (and damn close to the form Aussie inside back) for a good chunk of the season before being cut down with some serious injury.

I'm always optimistic for constantly injured players. I predicted Horne playing every game for the Tahs last year and he would have (if not for suspension). If Horne can do it and more to the point if Shane Watson can do it, so can Lealiifano.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Be really good to see both Lealifano and To'omua enjoy full seasons next year. That Brumbies backs squad is looking pretty deadly. What is a possible starting line? 9. White 10. Lealifano 11. Tomane 12. McCabe 13. Smith 14. Speight 15. Mogg perhaps? That leaves the likes of To'omua and Prior on the bench. Very balanced.

Gee...Brumbies fans must be getting excited when you also consider the likes of Pocock, Moore and Alexander are Wallaby forwards.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm thinking the whole Australian conference will be stronger this year. But the brumbies are looking good.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Be really good to see both Lealifano and To'omua enjoy full seasons next year. That Brumbies backs squad is looking pretty deadly. What is a possible starting line? 9. White 10. Lealifano 11. Tomane 12. McCabe 13. Smith 14. Speight 15. Mogg perhaps? That leaves the likes of To'omua and Prior on the bench. Very balanced.

Gee.Brumbies fans must be getting excited when you also consider the likes of Pocock, Moore and Alexander are Wallaby forwards.

I'm going to put $100 on us to win it.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Next year's comp will be very competitive, brumbies could well do it if they get on a roll and get some home finals. However, I think the strength of the aus conference might do them in.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm thinking the whole Australian conference will be stronger this year. But the brumbies are looking good.

No doubt here, the Aussie conference will be far stronger on average with the Tahs squad likely to play closer to the level they are on paper, the Reds to show similar form to last year, the Brumbies to have a year more experiance, and the Rebels/Force to have a much better rounded outfit.

Still, but we're seeing a talent vacuum in the Kiwi conference and SA conference. The Blues and Kings have very week squads, far weaker then any Aussie squad on paper. Now the Brums and Canes showed anything can happen last year but it's still unlikely they'll be good.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Would anybody else like to see Tomane play 13 this year? More from curiosity point than anything, that's why it probably won't happen.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Still, but we're seeing a talent vacuum in the Kiwi conference and SA conference. The Blues and Kings have very week squads, far weaker then any Aussie squad on paper. Now the Brums and Canes showed anything can happen last year but it's still unlikely they'll be good.

It will be interesting to see how the Highlanders go in 2013. They have certainly made some big signings but losing Thomson will be huge.

He is without doubt one of the most effective players in Super Rugby.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It will be interesting to see how the Highlanders go in 2013. They have certainly made some big signings but losing Thomson will be huge.

He is without doubt one of the most effective players in Super Rugby.

I'm quietly (but not-so anymore) skeptical of the Highlanders.

Until 4-5 years ago they steadfastly signed their squad from Otago and Southland with a few players that didn't quite sneak into the pace-setting Crusaders. Obviously this didn't work and they brought in Jamie Joseph, a very good coach, and he signed some quality fringe players mostly from the greater Wellington region.

JJ put standards into place and with a pretty average roster they were actually pretty competitive, focusing on thing like "points of different"at ruck time and other basic things. In 2012 they recruited well but the only real big namers were Hosea Gear and James Haskell (Ellison to a lesser extent) they were keeping with the times but were largely still sticking with their traditions.

In a 2012 post match presser against the captain (though not anymore) Jamie Mackintosh said they wanted to show the "rockstar" rebels about how to play tough rugby (I paraphrase but the phrase "rockstar" was his, not mine).

I say this all to illustrate this is a team from a pretty country style area of NZ. A team who have traditionally shown faith in local talent and a bitterness toward their city brethren up in Auckland etc.

This is a HUGE culture change which the fans mightn't mind but I'm sure behind closed door it'd be all too real.

Status
Not open for further replies.