• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rathbone would be down the pecking order, if he was to appear I'd expect to see him covering for an injured winger.

He has both versatility and experience, why wouldn't he be a regular bench player?

Unless you see something in Cox or you expect to see Tomua or Leliafano appearing at FB pushing Mogg to the wing I can't see Rathbone missing out on the bench too often.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Opinions are like arseholes: everyone's got one. It's all well and good (and a lot of fun) to surmise where Aussie Clyde might play next year but no one seems to've considered the effect of injuries, which cut a swathe through the Brumby backs this year. I sincerely hope we've had our annus horribilis and everyone's on deck for every game in 2013, but it ain't gonna happen.

Rathbone'll get a run somewhere, the dreaded injury god will ensure that. Heck, it might even be him going down, then he'll get a run to his doctor's surgery. :(

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Clyde will have a positive impact on the team, regardless of on-field performance. His hard edged attitude and professionalism, much like Pocock's, could be defining for a talented team that flaked at the crucial part of the season last year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He has both versatility and experience, why wouldn't he be a regular bench player?

Unless you see something in Cox or you expect to see Tomua or Leliafano appearing at FB pushing Mogg to the wing I can't see Rathbone missing out on the bench too often.

Rathbone is no certainty for a bench spot with Prior, To'omua, Holmes and Kuridrani all pushing for spots.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
I am finding it very hard to believe that the Clyde Rathbone story won't be like Ian Thorpe's comeback. I would like to see him be as good as he was but at 31 and having had many bad injuries and several years out of the top level, he just won't be good enough to play Super Rugby.

I could not comment on Rathbone before seeing him playing again.
I trust White's judgement, if Clyde is good for him then he's good for me as well.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Rugby is very different to swimming. Swimming is all about being the fastest but in rugby Clyde can use his smarts and power to deal with others who are quicker than him. He also seems to have a great temperament and would be a great person to have around the team.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not to mention rugby has a squad dynamic, which is where Rathbone's value shows.

Swimming despite some comradely through shared experience is an individual's sport. Even a relay is 4 peoples times added up rather than one's skills complementing another's.

Good sport though.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I must agree with a few here... if Clyde is focused and 100% fit he will make the 22... however these other players have been chosen on ability so I seriouslly expect their a chance to hook a spot... especially guys that have already been there a season...

Clydes reality is he has to win a spot in the 22...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Looks like Giteau is unlkely ever to return to the Brumbies... fair enough France is good to him...

art-matt_giteau-620x349.jpg

Article extract:
"Yes, I have brought a curtain down on my chances of ever playing for my country again," he said.

"But with the coach who is in charge of them at the moment, I don't have much of a chance of being called up in any case.

"Even if I had returned to Australia, a condition of being available again for selection, I would maybe not have been recalled.

"Thus I decided to stay at Toulon, where I am flourishing. But I remain a devoted supporter of the Australian team and I still have a lot of friends in the squad.

"After next Saturday's game against Clermont, I will leave for a fortnight's holiday in Australia with my wife and son."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/im-not-in-robbie-deanss-plans-giteau-ends-wallabies-career-20121107-28xk9.html#ixzz2BX2MUBln

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
ng-artwide-brum-20121106225655792495-300x0.jpg

hearing goods things about Swanie... Look'n forward to seeing him get a run at some point during the season. Its possible White wont be available at the start of the season still recovering so Swanies likely to be seen on the bench at least....

T

tranquility

ng-artwide-brum-20121106225655792495-300x0.jpg

hearing goods things about Swanie. Look'n forward to seeing him get a run at some point during the season. Its possible White wont be available at the start of the season still recovering so Swanies likely to be seen on the bench at least..

He looks to be in great nick.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Jack White tweeted that he has 24 caps for the Kangaroos. Don't want to worry anyone, but that's how many caps Willie Mason has.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So is this just like a short-term gig in pre-season because Buderus is still playing ain't he? Surely he wouldn't coach them and play?

Status
Not open for further replies.