• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Also had to be current, so I think you could drop the ones from the 50's!

Canberra Times tweeted that they think it's Danny Buderus.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
So it's confirmed that Danny Buderus will be the collision coach.​
He will travel to Canberra from Newcastle on days off.​

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
And what's involved in being a "collision coach"?

In rugby league it's about trying to end up in a position to get up quickly if you're the ball carrier or to end up on top of the ball carrier if you're the tackler so you can slow the play the ball down.

I'm not sure how exactly that applies to rugby. Presumably the idea is to taylor it such that if you're the tackler you're trying to put the ball carrier in the best position for your team to effect a turnover and if you're the ball carrier you're trying to get to ground in such a way that you're protecting the ball as best as possible but also allowing your team to get quick ball.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
This one's unexpected......from the NRL, no coaching experience.......hopefully all will be revealed soon....

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Buderus is well thought of as a sportsman... he'll bring a high standard to the Brumbies training; the cross code training could work out well... I think collision coach focuses on both defense but collision in attack with ball in hand to get the advantage... like many of Jakes initiatives its fresh... and fresh often works and it definitely sparks up players awareness...

Crusaders are masters of collision and getting the initial advantage in contact, something we don’t do well in Australian rugby…

Welcome Danny...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This one's unexpected..from the NRL, no coaching experience...hopefully all will be revealed soon..

Wayne Bennett has apparently advised him to start looking into coaching now that he's coming to an end of his playing days.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
According to ABC the NRL will block this appointment due to no clearance being given from the NRL and that any fee received by Buderus needs to be included in the salary cap as a third party agreement.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It seems bizarre to me.

If I was the NRL I'd be trumpetting that NRL players are such good tacklers that Rugby Union needs to hire them to help coach rather than blocking it.

It's a pretty typical attitude of the NRL to try and block something rather than embracing it and using it as a positive.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I see this going to court... his professional services are outside the NRL... does th NRL have a decent player union... Is this a restriction of trade case here? ...

The law says that all restraints of trade are unenforceable and void, unless they are reasonable. So, unlike normal contractual terms, which are valid unless there is some reason for them not to be, restraint of trade provisions are deemed to be invalid unless it is proved that they are reasonable.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think that's a pretty fair enough reason to block it.

I disagree.

It's one day a week during the offseason and has absolutely nothing to do with his current club (i.e. to undercut the salary cap).

Players are allowed to earn extra money through investments and businesses etc. I don't see how this is any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.