• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

the difference is that Cooper isn't employed by the Lions, he has just joined them during there altitude training week since the Storm don't do those.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The Buderus saga wasn't about salary it was about promoting a rival code. In my opinion that's exactly what Cronk is doing.

I've got no issue with either situation. The Cronk issue is just very unfortunate timing for the NRL.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'd suggest that he got permission first.
Despite what the papers say, I'd hazard a guess that Buderus got the OK from the Knights as well. They just didn't expect him to be rolled out in front of the cameras and when the NRL went ape, it all got dumped on Buderus and he willingly took the fall.

T

TOCC

Qwerty i have no idea... 'non-paid role' is a pretty broad statement...

I just think the NRL isn't going to stand in the way of the NRL Dally M halfback of the year from jumping on board with the Lions for a week in the off-season so he can get some training which isn't available in Australia... Big difference comparing that to a player who took up employment with a rival code and would be expected to be an acting ambassador at times.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
"inner community" and the "shadow self",
HE holds a bright and inquisitive calm mind... always refreshing… nice story…

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
Interesting Article in todays Canberra Times where the train on players announced from the local competition. JID
Chris Cocca THP originally South australia
Robbie Abel Hooker
Gareth Clouston Lock
Tim Cree Lock/Blindside Breakaway
Sam Windsor 12/10....
Matt Hawke Centre
Andrew Barrell Wing

Also two from Schoolboys
Tom Staniforth and Andrew Robinson

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That Andrew Robinson is one to keep an eye on.

An article from earlier this year:

Schoolboy takes on the big boys

Robinson - the ACT Schoolboys captain - wanted to make the step up into the Canberra under-20s competition this year.
However, at 17 years old he was told he was too young to play for the Tuggeranong Vikings Colts team.
Instead of returning to the junior ranks, Robinson decided to make a giant leap into the ACT premier division.
Now he's a regular in the Vikings' second grade side and is getting a taste of first XV action against the best players in Canberra.
And he's the only schoolboy playing in Canberra's top-grade competitions.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
he neds to stay grounded, finish high school...

Nonetheless great to hear about more young local talent being so keen... I wish him all the best and hope his coaches continued to look out for him as he develops...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Interesting Article in todays Canberra Times where the train on players announced from the local competition. JID
Robbie Abel Hooker

Great to see Robbie Abel back in the fold in the 'berra. Robbie played Aus Schools in 2007 or 2008 from memory and has been plying his trade in NZ.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
he neds to stay grounded, finish high school.

Nonetheless great to hear about more young local talent being so keen. I wish him all the best and hope his coaches continued to look out for him as he develops.
Being in the guy's class, he is pretty grounded. Not that he has experienced this much fanfare before.

Hopefully this year he gets a run-on in the final.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Great to see Robbie Abel back in the fold in the 'berra. Robbie played Aus Schools in 2007 or 2008 from memory and has been plying his trade in NZ.

Sounds like he's career is progressing pretty slowly. No complaint here, that's how a hooker's career should be.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Sounds like he's career is progressing pretty slowly. No complaint here, that's how a hooker's career should be.

He was playing with Southland in NZ, but has actually just finished a 2 year layoff with his Mormon missionary. Might take him a while to beef back up and get into the swing of things over the year but it's a good pickup - can cover hooker and openside.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
en_force_er Brumbies Guy Robbie's old man played for Waikato IIRC. Great family values and deadset driven. I would put my money on him being surrounded by some close friends at Royals and he will dig in to have a solid season. Here's a clip of him running around in the JID.

Exciting times and good to see that players who have been identified by the National Talent Squads are still involved and getting a chance at a S15 club.

Status
Not open for further replies.