• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
en_force_er Brumbies Guy Robbie's old man played for Waikato IIRC. Great family values and deadset driven. I would put my money on him being surrounded by some close friends at Royals and he will dig in to have a solid season. Here's a clip of him running around in the JID.

Exciting times and good to see that players who have been identified by the National Talent Squads are still involved and getting a chance at a S15 club.

Very strong family support and values - Royals will be very happy to have him back. He and his brother have huge potential.

As for players 'taking longer to develop' - it's great to see players who aren't 17-18 and are still being given a chance. I believe far too much stock is placed in schoolboy level players, especially forwards (Pocock being one exceptional exception).

S

slater24

Rumour has it that the brumbies have de-listed Man-Rea and Robbie Abel is set to be included in the EPS.
Any comments?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Rumour has it that the brumbies have de-listed Man-Rea and Robbie Abel is set to be included in the EPS.
Any comments?

I fucking hope so. Local boy makes good!

Honestly, it would be a huge reward for some major sacrifices made by the Abel family and would also highlight the fact that good rugby players can make it from different backgrounds.

There are plenty of folks at the Brumbies who have known Robbie, AJ and their family since they were 15 years old. It would be great to see.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
It appears McCabe will be out for 3 months, it seems the Brumbies will have a few late starters in 2013 in due return from injury, I think possibly Nic White and a few forwards? ...

The ACT Brumbies are bracing to be without Pat McCabe for much of the Super Rugby season as the Wallabies centre needs a ''complete break'' from the sport for three months.
McCabe will return to Australia from the Wallabies' spring tour of Europe this week after scans revealed he had a C1 fracture in his neck after playing just one game.
The predicted recovery time frame will keep McCabe out of training until mid-February but the Brumbies start their Super season on February 16 against the Queensland Reds.
ng-artn-mccabe-20121118223014618577-300x0.jpg
He will then need time to regain fitness and strength before the Brumbies can select him.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So it would seem that the Brumbies have the best 2 tight head props in Oz with Palmer and Alexander. Would be nice to see them both starting at 3 somewhere in the comp but I guess we will be getting BA at loosehead again?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
So it would seem that the Brumbies have the best 2 tight head props in Oz with Palmer and Alexander. Would be nice to see them both starting at 3 somewhere in the comp but I guess we will be getting BA at loosehead again?

Pretty handy loose head option in my opinion still top three in the nation i would say with robinson and holmes

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Not sure he will get much game time as Spreight and Tomane were the form wingers of Aus last season, hopefully they can keep it up next year

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Speaking of which, when is Speight Australian qualified? Must be soon.

I'd have no qualms if somebody like him who's lived in Aus for 3ish years and stuck with the Brumbies through thick and thin played for the Wobs.

If we don't want him he should pack his bags, pick up some dollars in France, and play some WCs for Fiji.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, the state of his eligibility was incorrectly reported.

He's not eligible until the "conclusion of 2013" according to his updated Brumbies' profile.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
New sleeve sponsor in Land Rover on board for 2013. Also a new jersey to celebrate Canberras centenary produced by BLK (formerly Kooga)

uploadfromtaptalk1354078163721.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.