• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Yeah, you definitely wouldn't shift To'omua from flyhalf...

But he did shift to 12 last week when Holmes came on, and their combination worked very well. I dislike selecting players out of their best positions, but it must ber an option for the Lions' game.

Front row is going to be our biggest problem. Is Ruan's brother playing in Canberra? Is he fit and what is his form like? If close to Ruan, he could be a chance.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
No.8 Auelua says that he was shattered when he injured his shoulder and is devastated that he will have to watch the Lions play the Brumbies from the sideline.

Source
Poor guy, but with Kimlin back, you'd expect him at 8 again.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
This is interesting, those would not be the two forwards I'd select.

find it interesting that brumbies have been picked over reds, I know brumbies are higher up the ladder but the red, I think would provide a far more entertaining spectacle even without their wallabies

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
find it interesting that brumbies have been picked over reds, I know brumbies are higher up the ladder but the red, I think would provide a far more entertaining spectacle even without their wallabies
Really? So Speight, To'omua, Kuridrani not entertaining enough? Personally I'm glad the Brums are finally getting some recognition ... Reds and Warratahs get Saturday Lions games, Brumbies get Tuesday on same night at WC qualifier? You can clearly see which teams the ARU favours (stands back waiting for the argument that Canberra doesn't have the crowd sizes etc)

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Really? So Speight, To'omua, Kuridrani not entertaining enough? Personally I'm glad the Brums are finally getting some recognition . Reds and Warratahs get Saturday Lions games, Brumbies get Tuesday on same night at WC qualifier? You can clearly see which teams the ARU favours (stands back waiting for the argument that Canberra doesn't have the crowd sizes etc)

not as entertaining as i believe their reds counterparts would be. Suck it up someones got to have the tuesday night game, why shouldnt it be the brumbies? Who cares that its on the same night as a soccer game against a 3rd world country, id imagine people from canberra would rather go to a rugby game than sit at home and watch the soccer. Would you prefer sydney to have had the tuesday game? It would make less sense for them to have it as more people would have to choose between either going to the rugby or soccer

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Sorry to see yesterday's report that Jordan Rapana is about to sign for the Raiders. He had a couple of good games against the Brumbies in this year's trials, and looked to be a potential S15 No 12. Has been training with the Brumbies as well apparently.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies will play the Rebels in Melbourne on July 4 in an exhibition match.

There's a thread in the Rugby Matches section of the forum.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ruan Smith's brother and Easts' prop Chris Cocca will be on the bench for the Brumbies against the Lions. Andrew Smith returns at 12, Peter Kimlin is captain.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we don't suffer any more injuries, we have Alexander, Sio and Smith as props and that isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

If we do, however, we only have two props.

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
Look at Circuit Breaker on the games page of today's Australian. You have to make as many words as possible from the letters given, including at least one word using all the letters.

Two words using all the letters are ABHORRENT and EARTHBORN. The answers don't include a third 9-letter word, which I saw before the other two and which Brumbies fans should get easily enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.