• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I was having a great day until I saw George Smith hobbling around in a knee brace at the shops this arvo.

Couldn't bring myself to continue and had to go home.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is there anyway the Brumbies can have a quiet word with their Australian counterparts running Grenoble and get Kimlin's contract torn up?

:(

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Assuming Palmer is injured, you'd think the Lions team would be
1. Ruan Smith
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Lucky ACT Prop #1
4. Leon Power
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Jordan Smiler
9. Ian Prior
10. Zack Holmes
11. Clyde Rathbone
12. Matt To'omua
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Lucky ACT Prop #2
18. Lucky ACT Prop #3
19. Etienne Oosthuizen
20. Fotu Auelua
21. Mark Swanepoel
22. Robbie Coleman
23. Andrew Smith

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Looking at that team sheet, a thought came to me after some lengthy posting and discussion on the Pulverisation thread. Imagine the situation if Topo had been able to get sustained backing from the ARU for his scrum school. All front rowers especially but perhaps all tight 5 professional players and those on the cusp of professionalism could attend these workshops throughout the season. The pro tight 5 get their techniques refined and improved, the next level get that benefit also and some real development with genuine interaction with Pro level players.

Then when instances like this crop up there is a bank of Props with significant experience/training to step in.It will enhance our sides competitiveness and improve safety.

As things stand now how safe is it for a Club level prop with amateur coaching (as good and best intentioned as that may be it isn't elite level in most cases) to step in at short notice to face some of the best scrumagers in the world. Do they say 'G'day mate, I'm an amateur at this game please don't shove my head up my butt or break me'.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Assuming Palmer is injured, you'd think the Lions team would be
1. Ruan Smith
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Lucky ACT Prop #1
4. Leon Power
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Jordan Smiler
9. Ian Prior
10. Zack Holmes
11. Clyde Rathbone
12. Matt To'omua
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Lucky ACT Prop #2
18. Lucky ACT Prop #3
19. Etienne Oosthuizen
20. Fotu Auelua
21. Mark Swanepoel
22. Robbie Coleman
23. Andrew Smith

Swap Smiler for Auelua.

May see Coleman ahead of Holmes. Possibly Coleman 12 and To'omua 10 since To'omua has rarely played at 12.

Also Oosthuizen ahead of Power.

Team is named Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.