• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
This puts the Colby-should-move-from-the-Brumbies-to-get-playing-time argument to bed - hopefully he won't warm the pine down there.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
You're right, he did last year.

Watch when Mowen is on the field, I think you'll struggle to find a scrum that Fotu packs at 8. I'm pretty sure he never does, but to avert the risk of eating my words I will just say he ALMOST never does.

I think that Mowen might control the ball at the back of the scrum better. Not sure why Ben would be at 8 for defensive scrums though, if indeed he is.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Shit, so we've lost Holmes, Prior AND Fainga'a.

Some serious quality in depth gone there....

Good signings for their teams though, Prior is the 3rd best halfback in Aus, Holmes has far too much potential to not be playing, and the Rebels desperately need a good 7 who can lead and put some spine into their defence. If the Reds end up not being able to offer Ant and Saia decent contracts, i'd love the Rebels to get all three of them. THAT would fix their defensive issues!

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
Shit, so we've lost Holmes, Prior AND Fainga'a. Some serious quality in depth gone there.

I do not see the gloom in the champion years the Brumbies would turn over 7-8 players at different levels. Veterans moving on, or others for better opportunities or some drift away. Currently there is 5 with varying announcements and we have 2 who have not played this year in the squad. Cox and Power.

Replacement options are largely here by the depth being built.
Palmer being replaced by Sio and Ruan Smith could be upgaded from EPS and JP Smith had game time for GPS on saturday in Brisbane maybe an option for EPS.

Kimlin depends on if we are looking for a 6 than Smiler 2 games or as a Lock young Tom Staniforth or Tim Cree

Prior well Nic White has taken the starters gig. At the start of last year it was a 50-50 call. Mark Swanepoel could step up from the EPS and was flown over to SA to cover White's shoulder injury.
Holmes, well didn't McIntyre from the AU20's do a preseason here before heading to the Academy.
Fainga'a well left field Scott Sio's little brother for AU20 Pat Sio, or a proper 7 Baldwin/Killingsworth. Who wants to understudy Pocock?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
They are the type of movements I like to see, good players moving to get more game time.

Not starting players looking for more cash

Agreed, Prior is the 3rd best scrummie in Aus, and Holmes is a good 10, they'll serve the Force very well. Finally, some intelligent, relevant signings for them!

Plus Fainga'a to the Rebels. If they had brains, they'd be after all three of them, as Ant and Saia are apparently exploring options overseas because they wont fit under the cap. Get all three of them onto the field.

If anything could solve the Rebels defensive issues, the three brothers charging around is it.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
let's wait until Prior actually plays some minutes in a weaker side and then see whether you still think he is the 3rd best halfback in the country. From next year, there will be more competition as Burgess will be back.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I guess that everybody knows that Dan Palmer and Peter Kimlin have signed with Grenoble - they must love Aussies.

Anyway - I'd like to see how Scott Sio goes as a THP. He started there against Wales in a mid-week game last last year and he seems to be such a strong young bugger that he might make a fist of it.

It's more likely that Alexander will switch permanently to THP but I can't recall if anybody else has been recruited, or not.

Can somebody list the losses from the contracted players and EPS - then list the gains?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.