• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

I would've agreed a month ago but Rathbone has been SOLID.

He shut down a couple of Reds' counter attacks in round one with some excellent defence, and has looked like his old self with ball in hand...

I'm sure there will be plenty of rotation this year, and it's a great thing for the Brumbies to have these kinds of selection issues...

Slim, if Tomane moves on due to lack of game time I for one will be mega pissed off.

P

Paradox

Two guys that debuted for the Wallabies are not able to crack XVs this year. Dean's got it wrong or depth is actually good and Deans can't utilise it?
In Tomane's case, Deans selected him based on the strength of his performances. Harris is your other guy right? Harris got in due to injuries IMO but did ok. Tomane hasn't been selected as White is using Rathbone as a talisman for the team.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't why people are saying Folau had a poor game, he didn't do much but it wasn't poor. It was about on par with Speight.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I don't why people are saying Folau had a poor game, he didn't do much but it wasn't poor. It was about on par with Speight.

Folau was ok but not as good as Speight. Henry did not put in a chip kick that led to an opposition try, nor was he out of position in defence and let a try in. But the discussion on Folau v Henry for Wallabies' selection is rather pointless atm. The second wing spot will go to either Cummins or Tomane.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Now that David Pocock probably has a an ACL and will be out for a long period. With George Smith on a short contract who should be Pocock's replacement?

Should we grab an Academy player?

Mark Baldwin (Randwick) and Conor Mitchell (UQ) were the two No 7's choen in the 50 for Aus U20 camp. Or another backrower was Pat Sio brother of Brumby, Scott Sio.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Indeed, but we lose George Smith at the start of June, so a reserve Openside is required if Pocock really is out for 6.

Edit: Have him until July, not June.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Folau was ok but not as good as Speight. Henry did not put in a chip kick that led to an opposition try, nor was he out of position in defence and let a try in. But the discussion on Folau v Henry for Wallabies' selection is rather pointless atm. The second wing spot will go to either Cummins or Tomane.

Folau wasn't poorly positioned for that try, it was Volavola. As for the chip kick well it was the last minute of the game down by 20, why not have a go. I think he was taken out anyway.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Now that David Pocock probably has a an ACL and will be out for a long period. With George Smith on a short contract who should be Pocock's replacement?

Should we grab an Academy player?

Mark Baldwin (Randwick) and Conor Mitchell (UQ) were the two No 7's choen in the 50 for Aus U20 camp. Or another backrower was Pat Sio brother of Brumby, Scott Sio.

They problem wont fill the spot, and Colby Fainga'a will come on to the bench and Smith into the starting team. If the Brumbies make the finals then Smith will stay.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fortunately
A. Jake White and Eddie Jones have each other's back, especially after the whole "blazer and tie" bull at the 2007 RWC
B. Eddie Jones has a big say as to what Suntory Sungoliath does
C. Suntory has already said they're willing to let him play against the Lions and stay for the finals
D. Smith sounds like he wants to stick around town
E. Money isn't the question here, so it won't hurt the Brumbies to keep him

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Fortunately
A. Jake White and Eddie Jones have each other's back, especially after the whole "blazer and tie" bull at the 2007 RWC
B. Eddie Jones has a big say as to what Suntory Sungoliath does
C. Suntory has already said they're willing to let him play against the Lions and stay for the finals
D. Smith sounds like he wants to stick around town
E. Money isn't the question here, so it won't hurt the Brumbies to keep him

I appreciate that but we have to negiotiate an extension and if it goes from off season/pre season/ competition either it costs us goodwill or financial compensation or maybe exhorbitant insurance costs.

Also we are one player short on the roster and the EPS only yields Jordan Smilerwho is not a 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.