• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
1. Daley
2. Anae
3. Jono Owen
4. Ed O'Donoghue
5. AWH
6. Butler
7. Beau Robinson
8. Samo

9. Ben Lucas
10. Jono Lance
11. Shipperley
12. Ant
13. CFS
14. Morahan
15. Aidan Toua

Rodney Davies carrying the oranges.

If the Reds team looks like this the Super Rugby franchises have every right to tell the ARU to fuck off. How big a squad does Deans wants that he needs 4 hookers?

Quirk, Simmons, Harris and Holmes won't play the Lions and should be available for the Reds also.

Daley
Hanson
Holmes
Ed O
Simmons
Quirk
Robinson
Samo
Lucas
Lance
Shipperly
Ant
CFS
Morahan
Toua

Anae
Owens
AWH
Butler
Frisby
Harris
Davies

Sorry: back to the Brumbies now.

So...... when is McCabe likley to return?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I would say that only really Sharpe and Horwill were in front of them and Sharpes gone now and Big Kev's been injured for ever. Who would you put in front of them ? I think it's really anyone's game and in the first 2 weeks the brumbies lineout and scrum beat the reds and smashed the rebels (I know they are not solely responsible for that but..)

I think Carter should be in with a massive shout to partner Horwill for the Lions, if his back playing well (Horwill that is).

Who'd be ahead of the Brumbies locks currently? Whilst the 2 of them make a terrific unit as individuals I'd say only Luke Jones and Kane Douglas have better form.

However, but the Wallabies understandably select using other factors too like experience, specific skill-set etc. For example, Timani is a very specific 2nd rower and I personally don't love what he brings to the table but I can see why he would be picked.

If I was to sit here and conservatively/realistically pick 5 Wallaby 2nd rowers they would be (in no particular order) Simmons, Horwill (presuming he's uninjured), Timani, Douglas, and MMM. Now I don't rate all those players on current form but any logical person can at least understand the thought process behind picking them.

You keep quoting the Brumbies 2nd rower's lineout prowess but the reality is Carter is a wallflower around the field (despite having plenty of potential) and Fardy is more of a lock/2nd row type player that Robby already has more than a handful of.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You keep quoting the Brumbies 2nd rower's lineout prowess but the reality is Carter is a wallflower around the field (despite having plenty of potential) and Fardy is more of a lock/2nd row type player that Robby already has more than a handful of.

Whaaaaaaaa........?

Carter has a massive workrate........

Anyways, I don't expect either to be selected for Lions duties......

If Carter couldn't get selected into Deans 500 man Wales squad after the form he was in last year he ain't going to be playing against the Lions..........

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Whaaaaaaaa....?

Carter has a massive workrate....

Anyways, I don't expect either to be selected for Lions duties..

If Carter couldn't get selected into Deans 500 man Wales squad after the form he was in last year he ain't going to be playing against the Lions....

Tim Davidson has the biggest workrate in Super rugby but you wouldn't start him unless you had injuries.

Carter was having a shoulder clean-up post Super rugby last year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tim Davidson has the biggest workrate in Super rugby but you wouldn't start him unless you had injuries.

Carter was having a shoulder clean-up post Super rugby last year.

I was referring to the mid year Wales tests which Carter was available for........

I don't get the Tim Davidson comparison though?

You said Carter was a wallflower, which is very far from the truth.........

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Whaaaaaaaa....?

Carter has a massive workrate....

Anyways, I don't expect either to be selected for Lions duties..

If Carter couldn't get selected into Deans 500 man Wales squad after the form he was in last year he ain't going to be playing against the Lions....

Timani was a left field choice which was made because Deans was looking for something different (a big ball runner with an offload who could make big tackles and shift rucks). He had some really good tests and some not so good tests.

It's hard to argue that Douglas wasn't deserving of his call up though (and then did play really well). Kane Douglas had that extra year of experience which probably pushed him ahead of Carter. I think Carter is a red hot chance of being a Wallaby this year if his form continues though. It's hard to say if was unfair on Carter that he didn't become a Wallaby last year though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Timani was a left field choice which was made because Deans was looking for something different (a big ball runner with an offload who could make big tackles and shift rucks). He had some really good tests and some not so good tests.

It's hard to argue that Douglas wasn't deserving of his call up though (and then did play really well). Kane Douglas had that extra year of experience which probably pushed him ahead of Carter. I think Carter is a red hot chance of being a Wallaby this year if his form continues though. It's hard to say if was unfair on Carter that he didn't become a Wallaby last year though.

I think that's a fair call, but he was just damn unlucky not to have made the extended squad in the lead up to the Welsh series........

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
So your saying you expect higher honours for them both this year ?
It depends on who is injured/unavailable. You know that Horwill and Douglass will be there, Timani and Simmons are the incumbants. Dennis can also slot into the locks with ease.

If Timani and Simmons have poor seasons and Dennis isn't picked at 6, I'd say they're a shoo-in for the G&G. Those ifs have to happen though.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
There's always ACT XV v Samoa A.
Looking forward to it. I expect a few no-names to stand up and show how good they are. Siliva Siliva and Scott Sio in the front row, Jordan Smiler at 6, both of Ian Prior and Mark Swanepoel at 9, and Stephan van der Walt on the wing are all very promising players with bright futures, while Colby, Fotu, Matt To'omua, Tevita Kuridrani, Clyde Rathbone and Robbie Coleman can be expected to be strong. The ACT XV is a very strong team considering no regular starting Brumbies are included besides Rathbone.

P

Paradox

The thing is though, they keep outperforming their illustrious Wallaby opponents when going head to head. They are very underrated.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Who'd be ahead of the Brumbies locks currently? Whilst the 2 of them make a terrific unit as individuals I'd say only Luke Jones and Kane Douglas have better form.

However, but the Wallabies understandably select using other factors too like experience, specific skill-set etc. For example, Timani is a very specific 2nd rower and I personally don't love what he brings to the table but I can see why he would be picked.

If I was to sit here and conservatively/realistically pick 5 Wallaby 2nd rowers they would be (in no particular order) Simmons, Horwill (presuming he's uninjured), Timani, Douglas, and MMM. Now I don't rate all those players on current form but any logical person can at least understand the thought process behind picking them.

MMM i agree with simmons has been rubbish this year and last. Carter has a massive workrate granted i have not focused on it this year but his got a high tackle count.

Im not disagreeing with you But form team strong scrum strong lineout you'd think they be in with a shout

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
The real workhorse is Fardy. If it was a choice between Fardy and Carter to take the place of Timani, it would be Fardy who got it.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I was referring to the mid year Wales tests which Carter was available for....

I don't get the Tim Davidson comparison though?

You said Carter was a wallflower, which is very far from the truth...

Not a comparison really, I'm just using him to show that workrate does not necessarily mean an effective player.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Daily Telegraph says Brumbies close to sign Hugh Pyle from Rebels for 2014..............
as well as Mafi (Force) going to Japan next year..........

Status
Not open for further replies.