• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Saw him in the Top League final. Set up two of the three tries, often took three or four defenders to stop him and made several try-savers, including holding a 6 person maul alone.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'll reluctantly cheer on the Brumbies again - if McCaw gets knighted, why not Sir George Smith, when is the Crusaders game. ;)

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
To early in the season to say... players will have injuries unfortunately... its great to see George back at the Brumbies... Colby can earn his stop just like any other player... He's got a lot of youth on George and he's a lot bigger and stronger now too...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Clobys a talent waiting for a good season he was just unlucky last year with injury... he's a fine player... I look forward to seeig him out there in the Brumbies colours

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Centenary jerseys.........

ng-brums-artw-20130226212009643611-620x349.jpg

Apparently Nic White's shoulder regularly dislocated last year:

''My shoulder popped out most games, I wasn't worried about it and it was just a case of my arm would go dead for a couple of minutes,'' White said.
He should hopefully re-sign during the week.........

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If I was Colby, I'd be bloody ecstatic. The two best opensides in the game training alongside you? Could you wish for more?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Colby will be fine. The game time he has had has shown he still has some niggling injuries and the time off will let him get back to 100%.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Colby will be fine. The game time he has had has shown he still has some niggling injuries and the time off will let him get back to 100%.

How much more time off does a player need?

Through injury Hooper jumped away from him - he went from equal-ish to Hooper to way behind, then the Brumbies bring in Pocock, so again he is a squaddie

They then bring in Smith, so now he is a deep squaddie

That ain't a great confidence for the guy.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
That ain't a great confidence for the guy.

I agree that he's going to lose some confidence and might want to leave.

What Jake White and Laurie Fisher are going to do is sit down with him, explain that they can see he is still struggling under injury, ask Smith and Pocock to train with him and tell him that they want to make sure he is right to go.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree that he's going to lose some confidence and might want to leave.

What Jake White and Laurie Fisher are going to do is sit down with him, explain that they can see he is still struggling under injury, ask Smith and Pocock to train with him and tell him that they want to make sure he is right to go.

Presumably the Rebels or someone will also sit down with him and tell him that if he decides to play for their team next year they'll pay him more money and make him the starting 7.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Presumably the Rebels or someone will also sit down with him and tell him that if he decides to play for their team next year they'll pay him more money and make him the starting 7.
Definitely, the Rebels and the Force will offer him 150% what the Brumbies do and a starting position. I wouldn't be surprised if some French or Irish teams did the same thing.

I think it'll be best for him in the long term to stay. I think it'll be best for him in the short term to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.