• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Tahs cant get the ball to the wingers... and have no established halves combo... Reds are lost without Quade Cooper, they've spent 2 years trying to understand how to play beside "Rocks and Diamonds Coops", and now are looking at Harris. They'll have a difficult season building combos...

Hilarious.. I assume this is very much tongue in cheek. Otherwise, that is a very strange observation to grasp.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Rebels second season are building a team... The force are rebuilding a frontrow and back line

Wallabies aren't that important in the first year after the world cup... The Wallabies were pretty average in the RWC... with a few lucky to be there...

You're all swing but no points... You need to read my post more closely, I said the Rebels are still building a team... the Force have to rebuild every year after key players leave, Giteau, Petorius, JOC (James O'Connor) and Ripia. Now they dont have a goals kicker to boot. I dont think Sheps ankle is up to it and Sheehan couldn't kick over a sand castle... Shep offers little as he eally really hasn't played much rugby for 2-3 years... I 'm not even sure why they keep giving him a contract.

Their strength is an old lock Sharpie and young Dave Pocock thats it... its not enough... and Graham is an average coach who recently said "we need to score more tries to win matches", jeez a bloody genius...

Tahs cant get the ball to the wingers... and have no established halves combo... Reds are lost without Quade Cooper, they've spent 2 years trying to understand how to play beside "Rocks and Diamonds Coops", and now are looking at Harris. They'll have a difficult season building combos...

The Brumbies cleaned house however To'omua and Lealiifano have been playing and training together for year 4 years now... They also have Nic White who is the best scrum half prospect in the country by miles.... At least they've been honest enough to say that they're rebuilding...
This could be the biggest load of poo anyone has ever written on here.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, this got interesting...

I brought up the Rebels in regards to the claims that the Brumbies would be spoon contenders.

Aside from JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale, there isn't a player in the Rebels' XV I would want to swap with.

They lost their best forward in Sommerville, and JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale won't be able to fix the problems... although I'm sure they will still pull off some individual moments of brilliance.

Getting back to the Brumbies, there are certainly some clear positives and negatives...

Positives: Good forward pack. Exciting young up and comers. Excellent coach. Unpredictability. The vast majority of this team have been training together far longer than any of their Australian rivals, and their fitness levels are supposed to be top notch.

Negatives: Lack of experience in the backline. Depth in some key positions. And what is essentially a mostly brand new playing roster.

I believe this team has the talent to take quite a few scalps, but it's going to be a rough year for them.

However, there's no reason why they can't beat the Force.

The Force backline might have more experience, but it's not necessarily better. JOC (James O'Connor) was their key attacking weapon for the past two years and he will be missed.

It'll be up to Sheehan to be the leader of the backline, and frankly, that won't intimidate too many teams...

The Force strength will be with their mobile pack. But the Brumbies should be able to pressure on their set piece. Fairbrother was their best scrummager and he too is gone.

Anyways, we can all sit around and make all kinds of predictions, but only one thing is certain...

The Brumbies will beat the Reds at least once next year.

K

Keithy

Slim 293 I hear the Brumbies have 9 players out of action with leg injuries. Might not be as fit as some think. The 1 thing the Rebels have that the Brumbies don't have is a cashed up backer like Harold Mitchell. It's a real negative in pro sport having no cash. Rebels and Force for me.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If the Brumbies did have 9 players out of action with leg injuries I'm sure they could still make more tackles than the Rebels, and score more tries than the Force...

But that's just hearsay...

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I wonder what is going to be said about Jake White if the Brums don't make the marked improvement this season that everybody is expecting. Have the greatest respect for the man as a coach, but I just get the feeling that there is a lot of people out there expecting miracles.

My prediction - They will improve. but the highest they will be in the Oz conference is 3rd for 2012 season, and I would be more likely to put my money on 4th. 2013 I can see as being an entirely separate proposition though if they keep the core of the playing roster together and don't have a mass resignations from all staff (playing, coaching and support).

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I wonder what is going to be said about Jake White if the Brums don't make the marked improvement this season that everybody is expecting. Have the greatest respect for the man as a coach, but I just get the feeling that there is a lot of people out there expecting miracles.

My prediction - They will improve. but the highest they will be in the Oz conference is 3rd for 2012 season, and I would be more likely to put my money on 4th. 2013 I can see as being an entirely separate proposition though if they keep the core of the playing roster together and don't have a mass resignations from all staff (playing, coaching and support).

Deuce you say... well here's a lob...

No I don’t expect a Jake miracle but a just solid improvement with positive development in some new lads. However I think that at times they'll surprise quite a few teams... The players know that Jake, Bernie, GG and Fisher are all men who have achieved great goals and can help make them better players...

At times they will have the advantage as teams won’t know what to expect from certain players...

In addition it’s positive that there is genuine competition for most starting positions at the Brumbies. Especially with locks, props, flankers, scrum halves, centers and outside backs. I don’t think many other Aussie teams have that internal competitive nature currently.

There are a lot of guys at the Tahs which will have a mortgage on their spot, Reds similar, Rebels just don’t have enough depth to really compete for spots, and the force are in the same boat…

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
There are a lot of guys at the Tahs which will have a mortgage on their spot, Reds similar, Rebels just don’t have enough depth to really compete for spots, and the force are in the same boat…

I would have to disagree, but to me 'mortgage' means that they will be selected in their spots no matter what their form and performances. Yes the same players are selected in the same positions repeatedly but can you say that they are there without cause? Link has made it very clear with the playing group that they have to perform to maintain their spot.... (Speaking from the Reds Point of view of course.)

But this is a Brumbries thread not a Reds discussion. I was just saying that there is a lot of people out there expecting miracles from Jake (you are obviously not included MS), and I was trying to hose down some of the messiah attitude that is building up. Yes it will happen, but it is not going to happen over night, or, IMHO, over one season. So don't hang the poor guy at the end of this year.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeez that is some classic optimistic logic, I love it.

They have no established stars or internationals... so the opposition won't know what to expect!!

The best starting XV is very unclear... so there is heaps of competition for spots!!

They will be playing to low crowds at home... so they won't feel much pressure!!

They had only 3 Wallabies last season... which means the squad has been together all off season!!

Keep it coming MS, you are providing us all with some great entertainment.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Let's hope this can settle a few points.

The Brumbies are under no illusions about the task ahead of them for the upcoming season. The troubles of last season are well documented and there is little to gain in bringing that up with the new crop of players, since the majority weren't even at the club in 2011.

With Jake White at the helm, he's ensuring players keep a level head and don't get too big for their boots. Just because a player is in a Super Rugby squad it doesn't give them the right to think their a 'shit hot' player before they've even taken to the field. These young players have much to learn and there is probably no better man for that job at present.

The players are keeping their heads down whilst they do the hard yards before the trial matches and you won't hear any players being 'talked up' because at this stage, most starting spots are genuinely up for grabs and will hope that the results do the talking for them.

Don't expect a miracle fix just because White is now coaching, it could be a few weeks or even months before results of the massive changes come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.