• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, also Mark Ella ages, Bernie still has the face of an infant, I'm pretty sure he's found the fountain of youth

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have a question. Given Dingo picked McCabe as a 12 for the wobs what are his chances of playing there for the brumbies upon his return from surgery? Where do you think Jake will play him? I didn't watch many brumbies games last year but I'm pretty certain he wasn't at 12 for the few games I saw. Personally I'd like him to play 13

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Swat, I'd say pretty few and the reasons are these:

The Brumbies have lost at least 3 starting backs from last season (Valentine & Phibbs - scrum half, Giteau - fly half and where ever AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) played) and this leaves the backline with a lot of inexperience. The ones who have been there the longest and who know the way it runs are To'omua and Lealiifano. Effectively To'omua should play 10 (he can't play anywhere else as shown last year with the 'tri-half' experiment) and Lealiifano should slot in at 12 since they've had the extra season with Larkham.

Also, those 2 mentioned are noted kickers and McCabe is not, which obviously limits the options there. McCabe could turn into a Mortlock style of player at 13 upon his return.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Oh sure, Ella was ok... But he never won a Super Rugby title... :fishing

And Bernie didn't win a grand slam, including a try in every test. Bernie was good, very good, but please pay obsequious to those of us who saw Ella perform.

PS. To my eye McCabe looks tailor-made for 13, please give him a go there, Jake.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I have a question. Given Dingo picked McCabe as a 12 for the wobs what are his chances of playing there for the brumbies upon his return from surgery? Where do you think Jake will play him? I didn't watch many brumbies games last year but I'm pretty certain he wasn't at 12 for the few games I saw. Personally I'd like him to play 13

It's probably the other way around Swat. McCabe played the last three games for the Brumbies this year at 12 and I bet that's where Deans got the idea to play him there for the Wobs.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I knew he played some there but didn't know it was the last 3 games of the season. Makes his rise more spectacular though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's probably the other way around Swat. McCabe played the last three games for the Brumbies this year at 12 and I bet that's where Deans got the idea to play him there for the Wobs.

Yep, 'twas Bernie's idea going into the Reds game...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies hit 6000 members

By Brock Corfe, Brumbies Media Unit

imageResize.ashx

Stephen Moore and Ben Alexander present Patrick Robinson with his jersey at his Rivett home on Monday.

The Brumbies have welcomed aboard their 6000th member for 2012, Patrick Robertson, who received a pleasant surprise today with Stephen Moore and Ben Alexander visiting the retiree at his Rivett home.

A great supporter of the club, Mr Robertson has been a member now for 10 years and enjoyed the chance to spend time with two of his favourite Brumbies.

Moore and Alexander presented Mr Robertson with a signed training jersey and a 2012 Brumbies polo.

Alexander was pleased to welcome Mr Robertson and is looking forward to playing in front of a vocal Canberra crowd again in 2012.

“It’s very exciting that we are already at the 6000 member mark with more than three months until we start the season,” Alexander said.

“I know that the boys are very eager to run out onto Canberra Stadium next year in front of a huge Brumbies crowd. We’re shooting for 10,000 members in 2012 and at this stage that figure looks more than likely to tumble.

“It’s vitally important that we have strong community support to keep the team going. We are their team and we are committed to playing and training with everything we’ve got week in, week out.

“2012 is a fresh start and a new beginning. It’s time we repaid the Brumbies faithful with a full season of spirited performances.”

With huge savings on offer with the early bird ticket prices, be sure to get your seats this week with the offer ending on Friday 18 November.

Full details of membership packages are available online at http://brumbies.com.au/Membership/PackageOverview.aspx

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
And Bernie didn't win a grand slam, including a try in every test. Bernie was good, very good, but please pay obsequious to those of us who saw Ella perform.

Though he did beat Ireland, Wales and France in the '99 RWC. Sort of like a half-Grand Slam with the stadiums jumbled around.

Status
Not open for further replies.