• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
More intensity off the bench will give the Brumbies more grunt up front... I must say if he could be skills trained Vaea could become an excellent hooker...

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
I have been interested in the thread about chef and active rest. Think this might work in a young rebuilding list. I do not think this would work on the Tahs. Maybe Jake was lucky that PDV took over as Boks coach. He would have had to make some hard player calls. Maybe Brumbies should take some ideas from AFL clubs. Altitude room, injured players sleeeping at club with after hour medical and physiopost game

B

Bilby

We'll lets see who the best 8 is when the brums meet the force - Vaea 4 sure just take a look at the stats for the season Vaea in the top 20 for super 15 in Most pilfers & Most runs. Where is McCalhahahahah - yep his been left in Vaea's dust.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
11/9/2011
Preseason update from week three

By Brumbies Media Unit

Siliva Siliva has been doing his best for Movember.
Week three of preseason has been a tough one as the boys contend with wet and humid conditions.

Heavy rain on Tuesday meant the players returned to the clubhouse after a field session looking more like they had been training for a bronze medallion at Manuka Olympic Pool than running on grass.

But it hasn’t been all bad weather wise. Canberra managed to turn on its best spring charm over the weekend and new guys like Ben Mowen and Siliva Siliva had been impressed with the quality sunshine hours here in the Capital.

John I Dent Coaches were given a heads up this week as to which Brumbies players had been allocated where for the 2012 season. Brumbies players will no longer be able to travel back to Sydney to play in the Shute Shield. It’s a move that is sure to strengthen the local competition while giving Brumbies coaching staff extra control over player workload.

It’s a huge bonus for rugby fans in the ACT too. Any given weekend they will be able to see players like Steve Moore, Ben Alexander or Ben Mowen representing their local team both on and off the field.

There are quite a few dirty mustaches floating around HQ now that Movember is in full swing. Nic White, Siliva Siliva, Joe Tomane, Christian Lealiifano, Zack Holmes and several staff members have formed Brumby Fuzz – the hairiest and most impressive team in Movember’s proud history.

Unfortunately there are a few terrible efforts floating around. Siliva deserves a special mention for poor growth, but one we couldn’t help but notice was The Canberra Times’ Brumbies correspondent, Chris Dutton.

Whiskers, as Chris is now affectionately known, really should hang his head in shame. It’s an appalling effort and one that has not gone un-noticed by the players around Brumbies HQ.

To make a donation to Brumby Fuzz, visit the Movember Australia website au.movember.com and search for “Brumby Fuzz”. You can request a look at Whisker’s poor effort by contacting the Canberra Times on Twitter @CanbTimesSport.

Players have spent the week in the EyeGym – a new training method designed to train the eye for better peripheral vision. The system works on computuers with players testing their reflexes and ability to spot gaps.

The designer of the program, Sherylle Calder, has been at Brumbies HQ and will continue to train the boys through to the end of the season.

Previously Sherylle has worked with the Boks, the All Blacks, England and various other rugby teams.

Sherylle has also worked in professional cricket, F1, horse racing and numerous other high speed sports.

The Performance Canteen continues to pump out top quality food under the watchful eye of Head Chef Brian Gibson.

The food quality and quantity has been top shelf. Everything that has come from the kitchen has been gobbled up and the players are fit, healthy and happy.

It’s the first time in Australian Sporting History that a professional team in any code has had control over what the entire team is eating and we are already seeing huge results.

I'm pretty sure the Brumbies' development plans would've gone ahead if they'd just have Jake White in charge of negotiations...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I have it on good authority that the trial the Brumbies will play in Darwin in 2012 will be against the Western Force.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Not as long as it has been for Cliffy Palu

Long vs Longer?

Not trying to be funny. Both stuffed up by injury (in the case of TPN mostly self inflicted).

I will be very surprised if either of them make it halfway through the season.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)

Players have spent the week in the EyeGym – a new training method designed to train the eye for better peripheral vision. The system works on computuers with players testing their reflexes and ability to spot gaps.

I find just going to the beach my peripheral gets good work out... :tard

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
More intensity off the bench will give the Brumbies more grunt up front... I must say if he could be skills trained Vaea could become an excellent hooker...

Why? What is it about Australian rugby that makes us always want to select people out of position and train them as something new?

Just select people in their correct position (ARE YOU READING THIS DINGO!?) and if they dont cut it, find someone else who plays THAT position.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Why? What is it about Australian rugby that makes us always want to select people out of position and train them as something new?

Just select people in their correct position (ARE YOU READING THIS DINGO!?) and if they dont cut it, find someone else who plays THAT position.

Stephen Larkham

Status
Not open for further replies.