• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

So I just watched the game in full, Kimlin is a gun. We all knew that, but he is a gun and I imagine he would be a player you lads should build your pack around. You really don't want to lose Palmer either, or Vaea for that matter. Hooper is the long term 7, sorry to all the Colby lovers but he needs to learn to play 6 or 8 - or learn to scavenge. Generally the best scavengers have the skill innately, so I'm not sure where his position is long term, good player though.

Salvi is deplorable. How did he get so bad? wasn't he the schoolboys captain? he actually sucks - its a real shame.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Vaea has already signed on for the future.

Palmer has another year or two, and Hooper is signed on for next year.

The Brumbies desperately need to retain Kimlin.

They've already lost Chapman after this year and it's most likely Chisholm will head overseas.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Edmonds, Speight, AND Steve Walsh have been ruled out of this weekends match...

Keith Brown (who?) is set to officiate...

I'm glad it's a Sunday arvo game so I won't miss it... The Brumbies need more afternoon games during the colder months...

Also, the interviews for a new coach start next week... apparently there are 4 official candidates -

White, Gaffney, Rea and ??????

Brumby Jack?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Also, the interviews for a new coach start next week... apparently there are 4 official candidates -

Brumby Jack?

The mystery man is just that - a mystery at this stage. Stake outs at the airport may be required to find out his identity.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Edmonds, Speight, AND Steve Walsh have been ruled out of this weekends match...

Keith Brown (who?) is set to officiate...

I'm glad it's a Sunday arvo game so I won't miss it... The Brumbies need more afternoon games during the colder months...

Brumby Jack?

Here's hoping they make a decision soon. It will give the Brumbies a chance to sign some quality new talent.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Does anyone have any further news on whether the Brumbies will be moving from Griffith to another location? I would have thought Manuka oval or the old football park would have been options.

I'm looking forward to getting onto the Griffith oval this weekend - best oval in Canberra in my opinion.

It was funny looking at the past discussions regarding the oval - I wish our club had a greater say in what went on. It has been our home ground for over half a century. I'd wager our club should have more say than a few local fuddy duddies, who seem to have forgotten the fact that the ovals are used for Rugby, and nothing else.

Another point that has been glossed over is from a health and safety point of view, dogs etc, should not be allowed to run around on fields where contact sports are played. I've sent quite a few players to hospital for IV antibiotics due to infected cuts from games.

Does anyone else know of any policies regarding this?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
The, yet to be built, Uni of Canberra Sports precinct is most likely where they'll go.

Re your points about Griffith oval.
The idea of locals able to walk their dogs/hit golf balls etc where Millions of dollars of playing talent is a joke. Imagine someone falling in a dog turd or a pothole and turning their ankle or worse?
I was involved in helping out a team during the Rugby World Cup in 2003 and we turned up one to day to find some dickheads had done burnouts across the oval before a training session. We had great fun explaining that to the team manager.

It's not as if there aren't enough ovals over that way. There is an oval below Griffith #1 and up the road there are 2 other ovals at Narrabundah and Kingston isn't far away either. Is it true that the Brumbies contribute to the upkeep of Griffith oval?

The Force have just had a purpose built facility that cost about $10 million and here we have a goat track and the worst facilities for any professional Rugby team
in the country yet the NIMBY's are starting to make it impossible to progress.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
I supose talking about dog poo beats talking about the football. Watched the Force game and not sure what to say, they are trying hard but they appear to have little confidence and even less structure. The rest of the season is going to be long and testing.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
You could safely closs this thread since the Brumbies season is over, unless you count fighting for the wooden spoon.

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
So what should the focus for the Brumbies be for the rest of 2011? Player development in lieu of next years departures or try to win as many games as possible? I think a mix of the two would be best, new players to S15 need to both learn how to play to the speed of this level and also how to win at Super rugby level.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The, yet to be built, Uni of Canberra Sports precinct is most likely where they'll go.

Re your points about Griffith oval.
The idea of locals able to walk their dogs/hit golf balls etc where Millions of dollars of playing talent is a joke. Imagine someone falling in a dog turd or a pothole and turning their ankle or worse?
I was involved in helping out a team during the Rugby World Cup in 2003 and we turned up one to day to find some dickheads had done burnouts across the oval before a training session. We had great fun explaining that to the team manager.

It's not as if there aren't enough ovals over that way. There is an oval below Griffith #1 and up the road there are 2 other ovals at Narrabundah and Kingston isn't far away either. Is it true that the Brumbies contribute to the upkeep of Griffith oval?

The Force have just had a purpose built facility that cost about $10 million and here we have a goat track and the worst facilities for any professional Rugby team
in the country yet the NIMBY's are starting to make it impossible to progress.

Yep especially when there are many ovals next to the oval which the Brumbies wish the rent exclusively training for union in the capital... wowser city, Canberra really needs to get above this anti progress community nonsense... Retirees with way too much time on their hands... The Brumbies business and employees send a lot of cash with many of the local businesses around Manuka and Kingston…

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The Brumbies will get a major boost to their lineout stocks today with academy lock Sam Carter expected to be upgraded to a full-time contract.

Carter will sign a two-year deal after impressing the coaches with his work during the pre-season and with the Brumby Runners.

The 21-year-old plays for Sydney University and will attempt to force his way into the regular Brumbies rotation with Mitchell Chapman leaving for Japan at the end of the season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's good news... but hopefully we can also entice Battye back...

In other good news, the reinforcements have arrived:

Moore, Elsom, Chapman and Edmonds all returning for the SA trip...

Hopefully we'll see this pack:

1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Kimlin
5. Chisholm
6. Elsom
7. Hooper
8. Vaea

16. Edmonds
17. Ma'afu
18. Chapman
19. Fainga'a

However, I have the horrible feeling the coach or whoever is selecting the team will make the dreadful mistake of dropping Kimlin, and keeping underperformers like Hand and Salvi...

I'd like to be able to have Chapman on the field to get the lineout back to the awesomeness it displayed at the start of the season but you can't drop Kimlin (for both the sake of the brumbies and the wobs), and Chisholm (for the sake of the scrum)...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What about the Fagan's promise to Alexander that he gets to start at THP next year. I doubt the CEO will want to be made a liar by any incoming coach and this will be non-negotiable. That being the case I wouldn't be surprised to see Palmer take his option to leave the Mules. The squad needs to LHPs, one to start and one for back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.