• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think the promise was he'd be 'considered' a THP...

Hopefully the new coach will say "Ben, we'll consider you as a THP, but you'll be playing on the bench... unless you'd like to start at LHP?"

There's 4 props signed on for next year and Alexander is the only LHP of the lot... so I think promises need to be broken...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I think the promise was he'd be 'considered' a THP...

Hopefully the new coach will say "Ben, we'll consider you as a THP, but you'll be playing on the bench... unless you'd like to start at LHP?"

There's 4 props signed on for next year and Alexander is the only LHP of the lot... so I think promises need to be broken...

Like I said then don't be surprised to see Palmer leave, or Alexander if he has a get out clause.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully Ma'afu will be the one to go...

But I think it's way too early to speculate what is going to happen...

The Brumbies promoted Jono Owen to a senior contract well after Alexander had re-signed...

And before Alexander re-signed he'd repeatedly stated he preferred playing at LHP...

Alexander might change his mind again, particularly after Slipper and Palmer (and even Kepu) have established themselves as good THPs this year...

Anyways, unless he's keen to go out west (and who really is anymore?) he's not going to get a similar opportunity anywhere else...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully Ma'afu will be the one to go...

But I think it's way too early to speculate what is going to happen...

The Brumbies promoted Jono Owen to a senior contract well after Alexander had re-signed...

And before Alexander re-signed he'd repeatedly stated he preferred playing at LHP...

Alexander might change his mind again, particularly after Slipper and Palmer (and even Kepu) have established themselves as good THPs this year...

Anyways, unless he's keen to go out west (and who really is anymore?) he's not going to get a similar opportunity anywhere else...

I doubt anybody else would sign Ma'afu. IMO it is a pity he didn't go and play for Fiji because he will never wear Wallaby colours again.

Even if you don't think people will go west (and I think they will, they have a consistant forward pack with the best Lock and backrow in Oz) Yoda only has next year at the Rebels and a prop could do a hell of a lot worse than going to learn some tricks of the trade from him.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The Force need props and the Rebels will need some Australian props once their foreign player policy is cut back by the ARU...

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
The Force need props and the Rebels will need some Australian props once their foreign player policy is cut back by the ARU...

We'll miss Yoda definitely. But, Blake has come on relatively well and Weeks is good value. We really only need to replace Sommerville numbers wise.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies touring squad to South Africa has been named - notable omission of Rocky Elsom whose hamstring injury has not fully recovered. 2 rookies get the nod with back Samu Wara and prop Jono Owen. Coming back from injury are forwards Stephen Moore, Huia Edmonds and Mitchell Chapman which should make the lineout stronger.

Ben Alexander, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Mitchell Chapman, Mark Chisholm, Robbie Coleman, Huia Edmonds, Colby Fainga'a, Francis Fainifo, Matt Giteau, Ben Hand, Michael Hooper, Peter Kimlin, Christian Lealiifano, Salesi Ma'afu, Pat McCabe, Stephen Moore, Dan Palmer, Patrick Phibbs, Julian Salvi, Andrew Smith, Tyrone Smith, Matt To'omua, Josh Valentine, Jono Owen, Ita Vaea, Samu Wara.

Thanks to Canb Times.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
What's the go on Hoiles?

I remember him coming back but was his second injury that serious?

Hoiles did come off the bench if round 1 against the Chiefs but it was his achilles injury that flared up again and has left him out ever since.
He mentioned a few weeks ago that the surgeons had looked at it and were reluctant to do another round of surgery and it would take time to heal, something that is quickly running out to see him any chance of appearing again in 2011.
The outstanding performances of Ita Vaea have somewhat disguised Hoiles' absence to a degree.

B

Bilby

Sth Africa & Tonga have announced their top 50 for the WCup anybody heard when the WBies will be announced?

M

Maroon Army

Whoops, I meant at the end of the Super season. It's pointless naming a squad now, unless you're a halfwit.

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
Hoiles did come off the bench if round 1 against the Chiefs but it was his achilles injury that flared up again and has left him out ever since.
He mentioned a few weeks ago that the surgeons had looked at it and were reluctant to do another round of surgery and it would take time to heal, something that is quickly running out to see him any chance of appearing again in 2011.
The outstanding performances of Ita Vaea have somewhat disguised Hoiles' absence to a degree.

During the game against the Force we had some players' wives/girlfriends sitting in front of us. Hoiles joined them for the entire second half and paid absolutely no attention to the game whatsoever. I'm not exaggerating, he wasn't watching at all. It pissed me off. I'd have liked him to at least feign a modicum of interest.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Six weeks of seeking stability and making cosmetic changes while the season slipped away now against the second worst team in Super Rugby rings in the changes with the selection of Phibbs to deliver express ball and create an up tempo game. The tri halves system no longer needed. Anyone care to help me understand.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Six weeks of seeking stability and making cosmetic changes while the season slipped away now against the second worst team in Super Rugby rings in the changes with the selection of Phibbs to deliver express ball and create an up tempo game. The tri halves system no longer needed. Anyone care to help me understand.

The season the Brumbies had to have?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Look on the bright side. 2012 will be a fresh start. A lot of dead wood chopped, new coach and no pesky WC in the back of players minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.