• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

JRugby2

Herbert Moran (7)
I'd be curious to know how much revenue Stan brings in compared to Channel 9 in general. And where does Stan rank in Aus subscribers compared to Binge, Netflix, Prime, Apple Tv etc
1717646412413.png

Not revenue but if you really wanted to do the math you could.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
That would be pretty unique no?

my smart tv has every show under the sun in the front menu. I click on something I want to watch and ask me to sign up to prime or paramount.

Ive never followed thru but my old man got on the blower to me channel surfing the smart tv menu asking me to sign him up to prime so he can watch some “straight to dvd” movie he wanted to watch

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
View attachment 19218

That's better than I expected. Interesting to see Binge so low, there are so many more things on Binge I watch than Stan. I really only use Stan for rugby.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
View attachment 19218

From a quick look at the source it doesn't seem to list the sample size or methods to arrive at these stats - not saying they're unreliable, but would be curious

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's better than I expected. Interesting to see Binge so low, there are so many more things on Binge I watch than Stan. I really only use Stan for rugby.

Binge, Foxtel Now and Kayo all seem quite low to me but I guess because standard Foxtel offers all of that programming as well and there are still quite a few people who have that setup, particularly in the 50+ demographic.

JRugby2

Herbert Moran (7)
From a quick look at the source it doesn't seem to list the sample size or methods to arrive at these stats - not saying they're unreliable, but would be curious
It's because it's a new article, not the actual report. They wouldn't publish unless they could back it up.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's because it's a new article, not the actual report. They wouldn't publish unless they could back it up.
Understood, but I tried to find the original source of the figures and couldn't. Would be interested to see if this achieved using bandwidth metrics, persons surveyed, actual subscription numbers, etc.

JRugby2

Herbert Moran (7)
Understood, but I tried to find the original source of the figures and couldn't. Would be interested to see if this achieved using bandwidth metrics, persons surveyed, actual subscription numbers, etc.
My guess would be surveys as it would be hard to get accurate subscriber numbers from each and every service.

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)

Those figures are for Stan overall though, not Stan sport which is an additional cost. The numbers for Stan Sport I would imagine would be similar to Optus Sport.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Isn't that what currently happens with Amazon Prime, and Paramount. Free viewing and paid subscription are both side by side.

Nope...

10 Play is Channel 10's free streaming platform for Channel 10 content.

But in Prime you can pay to have a subscription, and then pay on top of that to view content not included within your Prime subscription.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Those figures are for Stan overall though, not Stan sport which is an additional cost. The numbers for Stan Sport I would imagine would be similar to Optus Sport.
Yes, my only complaint about Stan is that the Sport option is kept fairly separate on their app. Games never pop up as options on the "Home" tab, you need to scroll across to Sport before you see those.