• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bokke Tri Nation Squad/Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So from the 1st 15 none the only first choice is Steyn? Although they'll say Smit is even when BdP is the far superior player.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Likely Bok XV to face Australia (23 July): 15 Gio Aplon, 14 Bjorn Basson, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Danie Rossouw, 7 Ashley Johnson, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Flip van der Merwe, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 John Smit (c), 1 Dean Greyling.
Reserves (from): Heinrich Brüssow, Alistair Hargreaves, Adi Jacobs, Elton Jantjies, Charl McLeod, Ryan Kankowski, Pat Lambie, Odwa Ndungane, Coenie Oosthuizen, Chiliboy Ralepelle, Adriaan Strauss, Jean Deysel.

Slightly different than the one from Rugby365

Possible Springbok team: 15 Gio Aplon, 14 Lwazi Mvovo, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Morne Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Danie Rossouw, 6 Heinrich Brüssow, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Flip van der Merwe, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 John Smit, 1 Dean Greyling.
Replacements: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle 17 Coenie Oosthuizen, 18 Alistair Hargreaves, 19 Ashley Johnson, 20 Charl McLeod, 21 Patrick Lambie, 22 Odwa Ndungane.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So from the 1st 15 none the only first choice is Steyn?

Not necessarily. Rumors are that Butch will get the two home tests and if he performs he is no 1.

So it's nobody. :)

Well maybe Brussow.

PS. Don't tell JON. He's already moaning.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Spies playing for his future?

That is the first thing I thought of.

However when it comes to what normally is a great past-time in declaring what you felt, hoped would be the run on Bok 15 I just find it a pointless exercise, especially in the PDV era and the fact that we live with a "can’t really be argue against AA selection policy".

I just take a whatever they give me supporter attitude.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Official now
SARugby
We've rewarded players who have performed outstandingly in Vodacom Super Rugby," said De Villiers, "although the injury situation has also been critical. But there is a backbone of experience and it means that all our leading players will receive Test exposure this year."

The squad was selected following medical assessments, which identified that a number of players were carrying injuries and required immediate rehabilitation to avoid the risk of break down before the end of the international year.

The tour squad will assemble in Johannesburg on Sunday afternoon and leave for Australia on July 15.

Springbok Tri-Nations squad:

Backs: Gio Aplon, Bjorn Basson, Juan de Jongh, Adrian Jacobs, Elton Jantjies, Patrick Lambie, Charl McLeod, Lwazi Mvovo, Odwa Ndungane, Wynand Olivier, Ruan Pienaar, Morne Steyn.
Forwards: Heinrich Brüssow, Jean Deysel, Dean Greyling, Alistair Hargreaves, Ryan Kankowski, Werner Kruger, Ashley Johnson, Johann Muller, Coenie Oosthuizen, Chiliboy Ralepelle, Danie Rossouw, John Smit (captain), Deon Stegmann, Adriaan Strauss, Flip van der Merwe.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Next world cup year I hope they schedule the first matches of the trinations to be played in RSA. If their own gate-takings looked like taking a hit from fielding an understrength side I bet SARU wouldn't be so keen to pull this kind of stunt again. The problem is they know they can get away with it because neither NZ nor Aus can afford to turn down the revenue for the sake of making a point.

Of course, it'll be the four nations next world cup year. Hopefully the game in Argie will grow fast so ARU and NZRU can afford not to be SARU's bitches.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I am of the opinion that the makeup of the Bok team will have little to no impact on Wallaby test crowd numbers anyway. Attendance at Bok test in Sydney especially have been quite poor regardless.

Even more true in SA where it will likely have little impact.

Having said that it's still wrong but the reaction is predictably over the top.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Here's the squad for the 3N tour..

BACKS
Gio Aplon
Bjorn Basson
Juan de Jongh
Adrian Jacobs
Elton Jantjies
Patrick Lambie
Charl McLeod
Lwazi Mvovo
Odwa Ndungane
Wynand Olivier
Ruan Pienaar
Morne Steyn

Forwards
Heinrich Brüssow
Jean Deysel
Dean Greyling
Alistair Hargreaves
Ryan Kankowski
Werner Kruger
Ashley Johnson
Johann Muller
Coenie Oosthuizen
Chiliboy Ralepelle
Danie Rossouw
John Smit (captain)
Deon Stegmann
Adriaan Strauss
Flip van der Merwe

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Here's the squad for the 3N tour..

BACKS
Gio Aplon
Bjorn Basson
Juan de Jongh
Adrian Jacobs
Elton Jantjies
Patrick Lambie
Charl McLeod
Lwazi Mvovo
Odwa Ndungane
Wynand Olivier
Ruan Pienaar
Morne Steyn

Forwards
Heinrich Brüssow
Jean Deysel
Dean Greyling
Alistair Hargreaves
Ryan Kankowski
Werner Kruger
Ashley Johnson
Johann Muller
Coenie Oosthuizen
Chiliboy Ralepelle
Danie Rossouw
John Smit (captain)
Deon Stegmann
Adriaan Strauss
Flip van der Merwe

1. Oosthuizen
2. Smit (c)
3. Kruger
4. van der Merwe
5. Rossouw
6. Brussouw
7. Stegmann
8. Kankowski
9. Pienaar
10. Steyn
11. Basson
12. Olivier
13. de Jongh
14. Aplon
15. Lambie

SA should be fined for this. No way can PdV justify this as the #1 side available. What a farce.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
1. Oosthuizen
2. Smit (c)
3. Kruger
4. van der Merwe
5. Rossouw
6. Brussouw
7. Stegmann
8. Kankowski
9. Pienaar
10. Steyn
11. Basson
12. Olivier
13. de Jongh
14. Aplon
15. Lambie

SA should be fined for this. No way can PdV justify this as the #1 side available. What a farce.

Fined under what rule?

Look it's wrong. Half of the players staying behind are probably not injured. SANZAR and the ARU asked for for medical records, were given them and said they are satisified. (Probably to avoid another stink).

Whilst I full agree that the best squad should tour, let's see if Deans and the Cartel pick their strongest teams all the way through. I doubt they will.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
9. Pienaar
10. Steyn
11. Basson
12. Olivier
13. de Jongh
14. Aplon
15. Lambie

That could actually be a bloody good backline. In fact, I prefer it to the first choice except for 9. In fact, put Lambie at 12, Mvovo on the wing and Aplon at 15 and it's potentially brilliant.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
9. Pienaar
10. Steyn
11. Basson
12. Olivier
13. de Jongh
14. Aplon
15. Lambie

That could actually be a bloody good backline. In fact, I prefer it to the first choice except for 9. In fact, put Lambie at 12, Mvovo on the wing and Aplon at 15 and it's potentially brilliant.
Not much between FdP & Ruaan. I'll kak in my pants IF they knock over the Wallabies.

T

TheNextBigThing

I'll kak in my pants IF they knock over the Wallabies.

The worst thing we can do is be complacent. There are some real quality players in this squad looking to prove their international mettle. There's no such thing as an easy springbok team. And there's nothing worse than complaining about the quality of an inbound team and then losing to them.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The worst thing we can do is be complacent. There are some real quality players in this squad looking to prove their international mettle. There's no such thing as an easy springbok team. And there's nothing worse than complaining about the quality of an inbound team and then losing to them.
The Bokke are a danger specimen when you write them off. This one going this route. ANY logpoint will be a bonus on tour.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Having said that it's still wrong but the reaction is predictably over the top.

At least you admit it's wrong, which is a rare perspective among saffer fans from what I've seen. They all seem to be taking the "RWC comes first" and "SUCKIT JON, WATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT??" view.

The fact is though that the tv rights deal they shook hands on specifically sought and received assurances they'd never again send an intentionally weakened side to a 3N. They agreed to to that, took the money, and have now gone back on their agreement, thereby showing that their word means shit. Not only is that something that will probably hurt the takings for their away matches -- it will probably hurt SANZAR in future negotiations.

And again it's worth pointing out that they took no such risk with their home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.