• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues v Waratahs - Friday 15 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think with no Louisi the lock balance may improve, one in the "Skelton" mode is enough

Horne @ 12? I don't see a better option in the squad, if we can find an upgrade, great, but there are no "Beales" in the Shute Shield ready to be second playmaker in the Super rugby 2017

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Skelton fat slow and lazy. I used to be a fan but have patience. Back to club rugby

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The rot starts at 9 and 10 for tahs

No. It doesn't. The upside of Foley and Phipps is way more than their downsides. Watch Lucas hatching an egg every time he's on, and I'm talking about the time after he puts hands on to pass. Watch what Phipps does on cover defence - better than anyone in the team. The backline balance was off once Beale went. Nobody filled the void at 12 adequately enough. The attacking value in the pigs in close channels was poor much of the season. Defensive patterns were amiss at crucial times - too narrow, giving dangerous teams width to use. The Tahs had plenty of shortcomings, but 9 and 10 were far from the biggest issues.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
No. It doesn't. The upside of Foley and Phipps is way more than their downsides. Watch Lucas hatching an egg every time he's on, and I'm talking about the time after he puts hands on to pass. Watch what Phipps does on cover defence - better than anyone in the team. The backline balance was off once Beale went. Nobody filled the void at 12 adequately enough. The attacking value in the pigs in close channels was poor much of the season. Defensive patterns were amiss at crucial times - too narrow, giving dangerous teams width to use. The Tahs had plenty of shortcomings, but 9 and 10 were far from the biggest issues.
Agree phipps does good stuff in defence and is super fit but his bread and butter passing is off. Not helped by piggy inertia. Foleys game mgmt flaws were exposed by the english. Lucas is hit and miss but that doent mean phipps is any good.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Skelton fat slow and lazy. I used to be a fan but have patience. Back to club rugby

I get to disagree, he is a point of difference and adds to the mix. We just don't need two of them

Slow? nup
Lazy? no, his work in clean out, maul defence and getting off his arse clearly shows that is incorrrect

Needs to improve? sure, but he is a baby in forward terms

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
I get to disagree, he is a point of difference and adds to the mix. We just don't need two of them

Slow? nup
Lazy? no, his work in clean out, maul defence and getting off his arse clearly shows that is incorrrect

Needs to improve? sure, but he is a baby in forward terms
Skelton repeatedly did hit ups at half pace with no momentum. He can be useful when he wants to be but recent form has been poor.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The rot starts at 9 and 10 for tahs

Skelton repeatedly did hit ups at half pace with no momentum. He can be useful when he wants to be but recent form has been poor.

What I love is the continual one-liner analysis that could go into a single post, except you're just being reactionary and throwing shade wherever you go.

Are you actually saying Skelton doesn't WANT to be useful? That is a ridiculous statement.

"The rot starts at 9 and 10" - again with no actual explanation.

Here's a thought: if you want to contribute something meaningful, instead of just sniping from the sidelines, you give us your breakdown of the match and actually go beyond a paragraph?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Here's a thought: if you want to contribute something meaningful, instead of just sniping from the sidelines, you give us your breakdown of the match and actually go beyond a paragraph?

We're all sniping from the sidelines, including you.

Short snipes can be just as interesting, sometimes more so, than long ones.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
What I love is the continual one-liner analysis that could go into a single post, except you're just being reactionary and throwing shade wherever you go.

Are you actually saying Skelton doesn't WANT to be useful? That is a ridiculous statement.

"The rot starts at 9 and 10" - again with no actual explanation.

Thanks for the pep talk

M

Moono75

Really?! They will likely finish 2nd in the conference - hard is being a Reds, Rebels or Farce fan

As I pointed out there's no trophy for second place and it doesn't get you into the finals. If finishing second is of some consolation to you then please go ahead and embrace it. I think it's hard being a Tah fan also.

Status
Not open for further replies.