• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Brumbies SF Fri June 14 2024

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Yeah but the Waratahs tried hard
That's not what I said, I said they played with a lot of heart. I also stated that the Brumbies (and Reds) would justifiably make up a large proportion of the Wallabies squad. I then went on to infer that what Joe sees from the individuals once they get into camp would bear more importance than, for example, a near full strength Brumbies defeating a depleted wooden spooning Waratahs side in the final 2 minutes of the game at their most recent encounter, and that the makeup of the match day 23 may not have the same ratios of players from various franchises as the overall squad.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So Rassie did the same as what everyone here is doing - calling out all the calls he thought the ref missed or got wrong - but his is abuse and everyone else’s isn’t?

The only difference is Rassie’s position. He isn’t some random dude on a forum so if that is the basis for calling what he did ‘abuse’ then I can understand that. But his actions were not different to what many have done here

Refs get shit wrong and whether you like it or not, it’s not unusual for the more dominant team - the team winning the collision area - to get the rub of the green We could all go thru the game and find all the refs mistakes and the Brumbies would still have been dominated. They were never in this game.

It’s laughable that Shiggins is trying to sound like a reasonable voice when it comes to referees. Dan54, on the other hand, rarely blames res if ever.

Yeah - bring all your ‘biased kiwi’ complaints and whinging….

Weird take on what’s actually been discussed…

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So Rassie did the same as what everyone here is doing - calling out all the calls he thought the ref missed or got wrong - but his is abuse and everyone else’s isn’t?

The only difference is Rassie’s position. He isn’t some random dude on a forum so if that is the basis for calling what he did ‘abuse’ then I can understand that. But his actions were not different to what many have done here

Refs get shit wrong and whether you like it or not, it’s not unusual for the more dominant team - the team winning the collision area - to get the rub of the green We could all go thru the game and find all the refs mistakes and the Brumbies would still have been dominated. They were never in this game.

It’s laughable that Shiggins is trying to sound like a reasonable voice when it comes to referees. Dan54, on the other hand, rarely blames res if ever.

Yeah - bring all your ‘biased kiwi’ complaints and whinging….
Please point out the posts stating that Doleman was biased. Then look at the ones suggesting the referee team made a lot of mistakes. The latter would outnumber the former.
Few, if any, were suggesting the Brumbies would have won if not for the mistakes. Most, nearly all, acknowledged that the Blues were dominant.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Please point out the posts stating that Doleman was biased. Then look at the ones suggesting the referee team made a lot of mistakes. The latter would outnumber the former.
Few, if any, were suggesting the Brumbies would have won if not for the mistakes. Most, nearly all, acknowledged that the Blues were dominant.
You guys didn't like the ref - cool. As many have pointed out, the ref isn't the reason the Brumbies lost - not by a long shot.

TBH, my issue is more with the way that @Dan54 is getting treated.

He is pretty consistent in the way that he sees and approaches refs and he even acknowledges that others will disagree. It's just how he sees it and how he has coached young players to view it.

And he gets called an 'insufferable git' and piled on because he doesn't bag the ref?! Because he isn't doing a Rassie - and yes, if you think what Rassie did was 'abuse' the ref then many comments here are the same, if not worse.

I'd much rather read @Dan54 and have his approach than the constant whinging and complaining we see from @Shiggins on just about every game thread. That's fucken insufferable.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
he gets called an 'insufferable git' and piled on because he doesn't bag the ref?!

200.gif

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Mate, I admit to being old fashioned and being brought up and insisting on all teams I coached that the ref is sole judge of the laws. And why I would challenge you or anyone to ever show a post from me where I get stuck into ref. But fair enough, some will berate refs , some will just say I guarantee the ref didn't make half as many mistakes as either team did on field. Not saying my way is right or wrong, just what I will always stick with.
to which the reply was
Lol your own countrymen think it was a shit performance by the ref, it's hard enough to win away, but when a ref misses blant knock on 's forward passes, side entries and off sides, you are on a hiding to nothing, and these weren't 50 / 50s they were obvious.. twice the touche called for blues when he was wrong... The ball wasn't out Wright stopped it for a kick... Then the silly bastard missed Toole grubbing straight and off the Blues player where he would have 100 percent given it to them if it wasn't so fucking obvious.

He also gave a warning, had us go for the line call offside were short ... Nothing why warn the captain of the next one's not off..

Well done blues, hope you or the chiefs win the final so Dan can suck eggs insufferable git..
can those cupcakes be delivered to the ACT? :)

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Whyyyyyy the fuuuuuck do I get drawn into these thick-skulled shitfights at the tailend of fun matchday threeeeaaaads.

Bullrush, I thought the GIF above did all the heavy lifting but clearly I have to spell it out; Dan gets called "insufferable" not because of ref shit but because of his heady and headless elixir of preachy arrogance and knowitalism.

Fuck me both you spackers are going on Ignore now.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just one last reply to me being an insufferable shit? Hey I probably am, geez I was the one saying (to people around me that booed Quade Cooper when it was supposedy funny), that it wasn't cool.Probably being insufferable the too :D I don't boo individuals, bag refs and won't even call other posters names and shit, not my thing to try and be tough on net or anything. And I get ignored by some posters? knock yourself out fellas,loss of sleep factor by me is nil, and that post things I don't like I just scroll past them anyway.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rassie has formal avenues through which to raise concerns about officiating and instead used his position to exert undue influence on an official in an effort to undermine his legitimacy and garner positive outcomes for his team in the future. It is quite obviously substantively different to fans complaining on a forum.

The level of officiating in Super Rugby across the board is simply unacceptable for a professional competition - including last nights performance - and it has nothing to do with which team won. The lengths Kiwi's will go to defend the comp is stupid. Why not just acknowledge its short comings and attempt to address them?

The proof is in the pudding anyway. No one is watching it. Eden park was a ghost town for this match and the crowd could barely get up for the inevitable and immediate avalanche of Blues tries. Not a single finals match has been close to a sell out and I expect Eden Park to be again be a ghost town next weekend.
You ever gone into NH forums mate? Get pretty similar comments on refs there too. I was a bit surprised again on the crap that Gus copped after Canes/Chiefs game.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
You guys didn't like the ref - cool. As many have pointed out, the ref isn't the reason the Brumbies lost - not by a long shot.

He is pretty consistent in the way that he sees and approaches refs and he even acknowledges that others will disagree. It's just how he sees it and how he has coached young players to view it.

And he gets called an 'insufferable git' and piled on because he doesn't bag the ref?! Because he isn't doing a Rassie - and yes, if you think what Rassie did was 'abuse' the ref then many comments here are the same, if not worse.

I'd much rather read @Dan54 and have his approach than the constant whinging and complaining we see from @Shiggins on just about every game thread. That's fucken insufferable.
Hang on a second, I called him that before the game..... as well

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Whyyyyyy the fuuuuuck do I get drawn into these thick-skulled shitfights at the tailend of fun matchday threeeeaaaads.

Bullrush, I thought the GIF above did all the heavy lifting but clearly I have to spell it out; Dan gets called "insufferable" not because of ref shit but because of his heady and headless elixir of preachy arrogance and knowitalism.

Fuck me both you spackers are going on Ignore now.
And yet you - and a number of people - conveniently leave out the numerous times he says things like

"Not saying my way is right or wrong, just what I will always stick with."

Hmmm...so preachy and knowitall.

Some of you are just bloody snowflakes

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Hang on a second, I called him that before the game..... as well
I think you claimed that there were 2 kinds of kiwis on this site

"Kiwis are either humor-filled fun people or insufferable wankers"

and then specifically called Dan an insufferable git during the game for pointing out the obvious when he said

"Shiggins me old cock, I would be incredibly surprised if any team that you were supporting got a fair go from ref.
Hey but mate it's what we expect so don't disappoint us. ;)"

Yes I know - you think I'm in the former group of Kiwis :)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I think you claimed that there were 2 kinds of kiwis on this site

"Kiwis are either humor-filled fun people or insufferable wankers"

and then specifically called Dan an insufferable git during the game for pointing out the obvious when he said

"Shiggins me old cock, I would be incredibly surprised if any team that you were supporting got a fair go from ref.
Hey but mate it's what we expect so don't disappoint us. ;)"

Yes I know - you think I'm in the former group of Kiwis :)
You're not bad. I have no problem with you most of the time.. We just disagree on what's best for Australian Rugby. I also don't really have a problem with Dan either. In the end, the ref had a bad game, and it happens. Players do, coaches do, and fans do as well.

Dan, though, only pipes in when he's defending Kiwi honor. As Dismal writes, it's the heady and headless elixir of preachy arrogance and knowitalism, and he's been a long-time component of it.

Anyway, Rugby's over till we hammer Wales, then it's on to get back the Bledisloe Cup...

EDIT:- PS good luck in the final, if you have a team in the fight.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
You're not bad. I have no problem with you most of the time.. We just disagree on what's best for Australian Rugby. I also don't really have a problem with Dan either. In the end, the ref had a bad game, and it happens. Players do, coaches do, and fans do as well.

Dan, though, only pipes in when he's defending Kiwi honor. As Dismal writes, it's the heady and headless elixir of preachy arrogance and knowitalism, and he's been a long-time component of it.

Anyway, Rugby's over till we hammer Wales, then it's on to get back the Bledisloe Cup...

EDIT:- PS good luck in the final, if you have a team in the fight.
Goddamnit it's times like this I wish I could be as cool-headed as that utter lunatic Tomikin.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No way - give me a Shiggins over a Dan any day. Has a clear opinion (however wild), doesn’t hedge his bets on topics by predicting 17 outcomes beforehand then claiming he was right after the fact as he radiates in his self made glory (“well fellas, as I predicted….”), openly acknowledges and has a laugh at how wonderfully unhinged he is. Bless you Shiggins.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Pointing out errors that there refereeing team made, and there were quite a few, isn't "bagging" the ref. It's just pointing out things that happened. Using your position as an international coach to undermine a referee, blatantly in breach of rules for those in that position is a different beast completely.
I get it, Dan doesn't mind if the refs make a lot of mistakes. Probably doesn't need to repeat his mantra about refs every time someone posts such things.
As for being called "insufferable", well I wouldn't have said that, but it's not quite invoking Godwins's Law. I've been called far worse, and probably will be again.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No way - give me a Shiggins over a Dan any day. Has a clear opinion (however wild), doesn’t hedge his bets on topics by predicting 17 outcomes beforehand then claiming he was right after the fact as he radiates in his self made glory (“well fellas, as I predicted….”), openly acknowledges and has a laugh at how wonderfully unhinged he is. Bless you Shiggins.
Ge fellas this fixation on me is starting to make me feel important. We got Drew making up stuff etc, Cyclo getting in on act (apparently I said I don't mind if refs makes lots of mistakes??) , it would almost seem too many of you haven't got any rugby to worry about this week ;)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Ge fellas this fixation on me is starting to make me feel important. We got Drew making up stuff etc, Cyclo getting in on act (apparently I said I don't mind if refs makes lots of mistakes??) , it would almost seem too many of you haven't got any rugby to worry about this week ;)
Neither do you champ :D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Neither do you champ :D
Ahh but that's where you got it wrong, I got club rugby, and will be into Super final. And a few weeks after that I will have AB test and be watching with great interest Wallaby/Wales & Boks/Ireland. See I a rugby man, that's why I so happy ;)