• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Would love to see someone like Debreczeni get a chance. Tall strong , good boot and young, why are we persisting with old school. Lost to England and AB's , loyalty only goes so far, time to invest in the future.
What about 9's , surely there are better future options than Genia and Phipps.As the AB's showed us yet again the game is quickly won with a good 9 and 10.

Did you watch many of Debreczeni's games in 2016? By the end of the season he was struggling to retain his spot.

He is a long way off.

I don't know that picking someone like him would be an investment in the future. There's every chance he'll never be a long term Wallaby player and someone younger will go past him.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Would love to see someone like Debreczeni get a chance. Tall strong , good boot and young, why are we persisting with old school. Lost to England and AB's , loyalty only goes so far, time to invest in the future.
What about 9's , surely there are better future options than Genia and Phipps.As the AB's showed us yet again the game is quickly won with a good 9 and 10.

Are you really serious about big D getting a shot at the Wallabies ?:)

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
978.jpg

teds.jpg

13yfqir.jpg

Bernard, come on man.

As for the AB's, could have done worse than throwing Matt Faddes in with Fekitoa. At least they have a combo going already.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I keep reading such comments about Sio and Slipper but they are not supported by their SR2016 stats.

Slipper averaged 8 carries for 12m (1.4m/carry) per 80 minutes played.
Sio averaged 7 carries for 6m (0.9m/carry) per 80 mins played.

Hardly 'good' or 'explosive' (as used by others).

In SR2015 Slipper averaged about the same and Sio much better at 4 carries per 9m (2.2m/carry).

The best performing LHP in SR2016 (for ball carries, ruck involvements and tackling) was Toby Smith who averaged 6 carries for 17m (2.9m/carry)/80 mins.

I too reckon Slipper is the better starter.

Sio plays tighter. Both Slipper and T. Smith play very loose for a prop. Probably a fair reflection of the stats you put up.

Although I think Slipper is in better form so I'd still start him, but don't let stats give you a false impression on a player.

Reactions: dru

Blazing Saddles

Ward Prentice (10)
Did you watch many of Debreczeni's games in 2016? By the end of the season he was struggling to retain his spot.

He is a long way off.

I don't know that picking someone like him would be an investment in the future. There's every chance he'll never be a long term Wallaby player and someone younger will go past him.

Just looking at options, would be good to have Volavola available also rather than "can i kick it now Foley" and co. If we dont start looking outside where we are ad nauseam will continue.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Just looking at options, would be good to have Volavola available also rather than "can i kick it now Foley" and co. If we dont start looking outside where we are ad nauseam will continue.

Might chick in Jake McIntyye as well.

Young lad, plenty of promise, although may still need a touch of improvement yet. Had the faith of the QLD coach MOC

Blazing Saddles

Ward Prentice (10)
Might chick in Jake McIntyye as well.

Young lad, plenty of promise, although may still need a touch of improvement yet. Had the faith of the QLD coach MOC

Yes have to agree, all I'm trying to get to is we need to take a chance on some younger guys, 4 years to the next world cup, seriously we cant do any worse than the last 3 months.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
This backline looks like desperation and i think the kiwis will think so too

I don't think so. 12. Hodge 13. Kerevi smells of inexperience. K2 leaves us with only one playmaker. 12. Hodge 13. Kuridrani was probably the other option, they are both on the bench so it could be plan B.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I don't think so. 12. Hodge 13. Kerevi smells of inexperience. K2 leaves us with only one playmaker. 12. Hodge 13. Kuridrani was probably the other option, they are both on the bench so it could be plan B.

And how would we ever cope with only the one 'playmaker'?

We are the only country stressing about how many 'playmaking' inside backs we have on the paddock, and there is probably a lesson in that for us. Not one I expect us to learn, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.