• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
He is actually an explosive and strong ball carrier, but has not showed lately.
He is a good ball carrier, but so is slipper. Its weird how everyone has Sio pegged to start when the stats and experience are all with Slipper. Both are great do i dont really give a fuck who starts

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Skelton and Mumm reserves. Looks like 6-8 are expected to play 80.

Nah Mumm is backrow cover, Skelton is lock cover. So say goodbye to the line-out in the last 20mins if it's not gone already.

Yes, Mumm covers the backrow but No4918 is right. You'd imagine from the team picked that if all goes to plan both Mumm and Skelton will come on at lock and the backrow will play 80 minutes.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Personally, I think if the players named in the starting backs have to be it, I would rather Kerevi at 12 and Foley at 13. Kerevi will create more opportunities for Foley to take advantage of than Foley will create for Kerevi.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a 10-12-13 Combination of Cooper, Hodge and Kerevi getting a good chunk of game time.
I think Foley's in 12 so he's easier for Cooper to cut out...

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yes, Mumm covers the backrow but No4918 is right. You'd imagine from the team picked that if all goes to plan both Mumm and Skelton will come on at lock and the backrow will play 80 minutes.

Last time Fardy tried to play 80mins, he dropped the ball twice cos he was goooooone after 60mins.

Hooper & Poey always seem capable.

Hope Fardy's fitness hold's up.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
This is taking the back-line back to traditional aussie styles:

9. Gregan = Genia - solid passer with strong combination with flyhalf
10. Larkham = Cooper - playmaker
12. Horan = Foley - ball runner into holes, support runner, second distributor
13. Herbert = Kerevi = Big ball runner, Crash Baller

Sorry about the defence though

tragic

John Solomon (38)
He is a good ball carrier, but so is slipper. Its weird how everyone has Sio pegged to start when the stats and experience are all with Slipper. Both are great do i dont really give a fuck who starts
Slipper scrummaged better against Eng and in game 1.
Poite makes his scrum assessment early and sticks with it.
I'd prefer to start with slipper and TPN for this reason
But it is what it is.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The other option which could have worked quite well from the starting 15, is 10. Cooper 12. Kerevi 13. Folau 11. DHP 14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 15. Foley.

Foley was pretty handy at 15 for the Waratahs and Folau pretty handy at 13 for the Waratahs.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)

Slipper as a finisher brings some balance when all of the front row is replaced.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I like the inclusion of Fardy and Coleman in the pack. Hopefully they can provide some starch and improve the lineout.
I think including Cooper is necessary for his kicking alone.
For the same reason, I would have included Mitchell (if he is fit) and shifted AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13.
Our front row need to lift their workrate for ruck involvements and get more dynamic when they are in their attacking pods.

Frank Row (1)
I like this team, however, i would be more pumped about it if this were game 1, and if, either Mcmahon or Timani were in the mix, how is that Skelton is ahead of Timani??

After looking at the changes, im sure the wallabies are going to perform way better, even if they are playing in NZ.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I like this team, however, i would be more pumped about it if this were game 1, and if, either Mcmahon or Timani were in the mix, how is that Skelton is ahead of Timani??

After looking at the changes, im sure the wallabies are going to perform way better, even if they are playing in NZ.

Yep can't work my head around Skelton over Timani.. or even McMahon for that matter.

Timani must be a dud at training.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cheika has done pretty well with his selections to quieten the peanut gallery.

Let's hope they play well on Saturday night.

If you think the Wallabies are a chance to win you can get $9 or more. You can get the Wallabies with an 18.5 point start at the line.

I'd doubt the Wallabies have ever gone into a test match as more of an underdog.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Slipper scrummaged better against Eng and in game 1.
Poite makes his scrum assessment early and sticks with it.
I'd prefer to start with slipper and TPN for this reason
But it is what it is.

Yep I would have preferred Slipper but irrespective of stats blah, Chek seems to favour Sio. Moore probably has some input into that as well as he packs down with him all the super season. Moore will be hopefully gone soon so that may not be a factor in the future.

Slipper brings a bit more enthusiasm and edge to the game. Having said that I would prefer Slips to close games out at the back end, It seems an impossibility ATM as the games are Gooooone by the time TPN and Slipper get on.

Simmons being thrown out was always going to happen (after last week). Still not sure if it was a Simmo or Moore problem but one had to go. Maybe the lesser of 2 evils

Glad to see Cooper at 10. I will watch with nervous anticipation as to which Quade comes to play and how he handles the pressure with a hostile AB and AB crowd. He is more mature now and personally I think he will do fine.

Think I would have dropped TK out of the side. Kerevi gets his chance to shine.

Fardy, Hooper and Pocock was always going to happen even though the Hooper / Pocock thing has run its course and Chek is obviously still in denial. I'll tip that if we are done cold on Saturday that will be the end of that combo.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I reckon the backline to look like this on defence:

9. Genia
10. Foley
11. DHP
12. Kerevi
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Folau
15. Cooper

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
There's really nothing to complain about with this side. There's some underperformers been ditched, a few newbies getting blooded, the 2 euros make sense and the backline has a good balance of risk-taking v conservatism. Even Skelton on the bench doesn't look too bad, 15-20 minutes at the end could be a good thing if he brings his A game, it's got to be worth a shot over Simmons thats for sure. Moore is still C but I think we just have to accept that we are stuck with that probably until the end of the RC.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)

I keep reading such comments about Sio and Slipper but they are not supported by their SR2016 stats.

Slipper averaged 8 carries for 12m (1.4m/carry) per 80 minutes played.
Sio averaged 7 carries for 6m (0.9m/carry) per 80 mins played.

Hardly 'good' or 'explosive' (as used by others).

In SR2015 Slipper averaged about the same and Sio much better at 4 carries per 9m (2.2m/carry).

The best performing LHP in SR2016 (for ball carries, ruck involvements and tackling) was Toby Smith who averaged 6 carries for 17m (2.9m/carry)/80 mins.

I too reckon Slipper is the better starter.

Blazing Saddles

Ward Prentice (10)
Would love to see someone like Debreczeni get a chance. Tall strong , good boot and young, why are we persisting with old school. Lost to England and AB's , loyalty only goes so far, time to invest in the future.
What about 9's , surely there are better future options than Genia and Phipps.As the AB's showed us yet again the game is quickly won with a good 9 and 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.