• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

The Oz are running with 12. Cooper 13. Kerevi with Hodge on the bench

I don't know how Cheika can start Cooper given how much time away from rugby he has had the past 12months.. He hasn't exactly had a great record against New Zealand in New Zealand either.. Quade should be playing NRC this weekend, not test rugby

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't know how Cheika can start Cooper given how much time away from rugby he has had the past 12months.. He hasn't exactly had a great record against New Zealand in New Zealand either.. Quade should be playing NRC this weekend, not test rugby

Because rather than use this year as a rebuilding year, and planning for the future, he is desperate to win. Dragging players back from Europe and now trying Flakey Quade.
I think he would have been better off blooding new players. You guys would have been a lot more supportive if a team of new caps had got flogged by a very very good ABs team, rather than a team of has beens. You got to the RWC finals last year. He could have milked that. It is too late now for him to admit he was wrong and he is stuck on this path now, trying to avoid a last place in the rugby championship.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Because rather than use this year as a rebuilding year, and planning for the future, he is desperate to win. Dragging players back from Europe and now trying Flakey Quade.
I think he would have been better off blooding new players. You guys would have been a lot more supportive if a team of new caps had got flogged by a very very good ABs team, rather than a team of has beens. You got to the RWC finals last year. He could have milked that. It is too late now for him to admit he was wrong and he is stuck on this path now, trying to avoid a last place in the rugby championship.

OK there's some merit in what you say there. The fact that we have five inside centres unavailable also has a bit to do with whatever gets announced in the midfield today.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So Dane Coles is now healthy enough to start? He must be made out of adamantium.

the true test of a pro is how they play wounded because the majority of them have some injury all season, Coles did fine last week, he will get a couple of needles and put in a shift

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
OK there's some merit in what you say there. The fact that we have five inside centres unavailable also has a bit to do with whatever gets announced in the midfield today.

Maybe, but the decision to bring the guys back from Europe was made before the injuries occurred.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
When you break it down I can see the logic in having the experienced players come back from overseas. For instance wings - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/DHP, one young teamed with an experienced old head. Same with midfield Gits/TK. Props also. As for Genia, well there aren't too many halfbacks running around OZ super teams that are standing out to say they are close to test standard. Genia isn't that old anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Rob Simmons has been dropped. Timani, Coleman, Douglas, Skelton and Mumm all travelling to Wellington.

Simmons out, good. Skelton in, bad. Mumm's the classic example of Lee's invention, the halfling, spose that's good to cover 4 to 8 from the bench but I wouldn't have him starting.

Some here have suggested Quade'd be better off running around in the NRC this week due to his lack of match practice, true. Same for Skelton, big Willie should play every minute of every NRC match this year to get his fitness levels up.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Simmons out, good. Skelton in, bad. Mumm's the classic example of Lee's invention, the halfling, spose that's good to cover 4 to 8 from the bench but I wouldn't have him starting.

Some here have suggested Quade'd be better off running around in the NRC this week due to his lack of match practice, true. Same for Skelton, big Willie should play every minute of every NRC match this year to get his fitness levels up.
Why not send the whole team to the NRC?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
When you break it down I can see the logic in having the experienced players come back from overseas. For instance wings - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/DHP, one young teamed with an experienced old head. Same with midfield Gits/TK. Props also. As for Genia, well there aren't too many halfbacks running around OZ super teams that are standing out to say they are close to test standard. Genia isn't that old anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Genia is fine. he is one selection I agree with. though I would have preferred Phipps and his random throws.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
The Oz are running with 12. Cooper 13. Kerevi with Hodge on the bench

That disappoints me on two levels
Firstly that Cheika doesn't recognise the fact foley is not cutting the mustard as an international no 10.
And secondly that Cheika thinks a 10, who had rarely played at 12, can play there in his first game in months against the ABs in Wellington. If you're going to throw him in the hot seat at least do it in position ffs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Maybe, but the decision to bring the guys back from Europe was made before the injuries occurred.
it isn't like there was a plethora of 10,12 & 14s healthy in Aus and wronged by their selection ( I wish there was)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)

Fair comment regarding QC (Quade Cooper)'s recent time on the paddock but for crying out loud......who the heck does have a great record against NZ in NZ? Am I missing something here? Give the bloke a crack at the bastards in his preferred position and judge him on that performance. He has 60 odd caps under his belt and despite what some might think, he is going to go out there, put it all on the line and no be left wondering. If we are lucky enough for him to be "on" then who knows, we might just beat the buggers on their home turf for once.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It's a pretty big ask of Quade to start at 12 against the ABs in NZ. I would have gone with a Kerevi/Kurindrani pairing with Quade at 10.
We are really going to miss TKs presence at the breakdown and his staunch defense in mid field.
We better score a lot of points......

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I have been a big fan of TK for a few years now and has always been one the first picked in "my" side but his form of late has been pretty bloody poor.

Can anyone honestly remember the last time that TK passed to the ball to someone?......It's an honest question BTW.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It's a pretty big ask of Quade to start at 12 against the ABs in NZ. I would have gone with a Kerevi/Kurindrani pairing with Quade at 10.
We are really going to miss TKs presence at the breakdown and his staunch defense in mid field.
We better score a lot of points..

Cooper is a hugely talented ball-player, but has defensive weaknesses. A bit like Kurtley.

If he has shown the desire to play in his performance on the training track, then he must be picked. I would rather see him thrown to the wolves than either Kerevi (who has some potential, but it is a long way off being realised IMHO) or Hodge, who is a star of the future.

Incidentally, those comparing Kerevi with Nonu need to remember that Nonu played outside Carter and inside Conrad Smith.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I'll bite. Name me one single current player with a better record against New Zealand than Cooper?

Hmmmm.......interesting. I am too lazy to try research that one Sully but I would be surprised if there is anyone in the current squad who has a better record than QC (Quade Cooper) against the ABs.

I would also be interested to know how many times QC (Quade Cooper) has faced the ABs during his career compared to the others in the squad. There can't be too many beside Genia, Moore & AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) that would be in the same ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.