• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
they are not adhering to the policy of #NoLamingtonsInWellington

Skelton & Mumm on the plane.. soft lamingtons. Hopefully NZ customs drop them in the disposal bins on arrival.

Hell no. The NZRU probably paid for Skelton's ticket.

M

Moono75

Skelton my offer some value on tour as a wind break or as a clothes line.....that's about it :eek:

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Skelton my offer some value on tour as a wind break or as a clothes line...that's about it :eek:

If it is any more than a breeze he will collapse on the ground at the lightest touch. Much like he does in Super Rugby when an opposition player touches him.

M

Moono75

If it is any more than a breeze he will collapse on the ground at the lightest touch. Much like he does in Super Rugby when an opposition player touches him.
Perhaps the game can be moved to Dunedin. No wind inside Forsyth Barr Stadium. Skelton can double as a heavy roller for any cricket pitches needing some work.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
More jumpers is great but unless you find a way to increase the number of lifters, a good lineout will beat you every time.

We need more brain cells, not more centimetres

It's all inter-related. The taller timber have been jumping all their rugby careers. They learn the skills of guile and timing.
It's not just their height. It's their acquired skill set.
Stick in a bunch of part timers because they are good in general play and expect them to compete with the best defensive lineout in the world and you get the result we saw on Sat. It's not just their stature. It's their lack of experience and smarts in the role.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Agree on Fekitoa, he's not a 12 right now. I reckon he goes better with an older head partnering him so I'd be a little nervous about lobbing AL-B in there (but agree he's a real prospect long-term). Find out tomorrow, I s'pose.

EDIT: just to be clear, I'd go 12. Barrett 13. Fekitoa but I think they'll go 12. Fekitoa 13. Tamanivalu.

With Tamanivalu fit, I think he will get the nod ahead of ALB because he at least has some experience. They've used Fekitoa at 12 previous to this season and he did finish last weeks test at 12, albeit with Bender at 13 outside him.

I will be holding my breath if Tamanivalu starts. He's great in attack but is a relative unknown when it comes to defending that channel at test level.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
More jumpers is great but unless you find a way to increase the number of lifters, a good lineout will beat you every time.

We need more brain cells, not more centimetres

Both would help. Having a fourth legitimate jumper certainly relieves a little pressure and keeps the opposition guessing IF the caller and thrower are doing a good job.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
14086325_1124101607681694_1391134480754884704_o.jpg

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's all inter-related. The taller timber have been jumping all their rugby careers. They learn the skills of guile and timing.
It's not just their height. It's their acquired skill set.

Yet, running a lineout isn't. Apparently only Simmons and Mumm do that. Maybe Coleman.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
All Blacks team to play Australia at Westpac Stadium on Saturday

Ben Smith, Israel Dagg, Malakai Fekitoa, Anton Lienert-Brown, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read (c), Sam Cane, Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Joe Moody.

Reserves: James Parsons, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Liam Squire, Ardie Savea, TJ Perenara, Aaron Cruden, Seta Tamanivalu

Not too many changes. Dagg on wing. Smith at fullback. Moody at prop. Tamanivalu to cover outside backs.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Very pleased to see Lienert-Brown starting for 2 reasons, 1, asI said in here last week I really believe he a long term AB, and see hin at 12 in 2023 WC, and 2, Fekitoa is a 13 not a 12,as is Tamanivalu, and neither seem suited to being in one spot.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
So much for an injury crisis. Team is better with Smith at the back and Dagg on wing. Only question mark is a new 12 but I suspect it will be a seamless transition into the test scene, as it always seems to be for these guys. Honestly, when was the last time an AB had a poor debut?

Status
Not open for further replies.