• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I'll bite. Name me one single current player with a better record against New Zealand than Cooper?

Sully, I'm not talking about winning percentages, I'm sure all of the current crop stand at a 0% win rate in New Zealand.

I think it's evident to most that Quade has really struggled with the pressure and the extra attention from the crowd in some of his matches over in kiwi land, so to now start him when he hasn't played consistently in 12-18months reportedly in a position which he hasn't played in for 7 years.. Well it seems desperate... Like I said, should be playing in the NRC to work on his game control and find some form.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
This is Wyatt Crockett's 50th test. He has quite the phenomenal winning record. He hasn't been involved in a losing match since his 12th test (England, December, 2012), and has never lost a test he's started in. He currently has a record of 47/1/1, yielding a winning percentage of 95.91%. If the All Blacks win on the weekend that'll creep up to 96%.

Quite frankly, it's ridiculous.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The Foley #10 & QC (Quade Cooper) #12 is the most Robbie Deans thing TGC has done since taking over the reigns. It's just bloody nonsensical crap at best..like most of my posts on here!

I actually think it's worse then Robbie Deans. JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 was bad, but this is insane.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The Foley #10 & QC (Quade Cooper) #12 is the most Robbie Deans thing TGC has done since taking over the reigns. It's just bloody nonsensical crap at best..like most of my posts on here!

Agree. About the non-sensical selection. IMO Quade/Kerevi at 10/12 has a hell of a lot more going for it than Foley/Quade. Unfortunately, we won't even get to see it happen during the game as Foley never gets replaced by Cheika. He would rather just blame the 'second playmaker' for any deficiencies at 10.

T

TOCC

Exactly. We need some muscle in the midfield and someone playing from fairly shallow putting them into holes.

10. QC (Quade Cooper)
12. SK
13. TK
15. IF

Fixed

10. QC (Quade Cooper)
11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12. SK
13. TK
14. IF
15. DHP

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I have been a big fan of TK for a few years now and has always been one the first picked in "my" side but his form of late has been pretty bloody poor.

Can anyone honestly remember the last time that TK passed to the ball to someone?..It's an honest question BTW.

Serious answer then. Yes, TK made three passes that I saw last weekend. One to Hooper(?) which went to ground because they were just getting in each other's way. The other two were to a player on his outside on the left wing, but both were badly timed (too far before the defense) and rather lollipop efforts. Fortunately, both were held by the outside player but didn't result in as much gain that a well timed pass would have achieved. Passing is one aspect of TK's game where he needs improvement.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sully, I'm not talking about winning percentages, I'm sure all of the current crop stand at a 0% win rate in New Zealand.

I think it's evident to most that Quade has really struggled with the pressure and the extra attention from the crowd in some of his matches over in kiwi land, so to now start him when he hasn't played consistently in 12-18months reportedly in a position which he hasn't played in for 7 years.. Well it seems desperate. Like I said, should be playing in the NRC to work on his game control and find some form.
Look I don't agree with him being at 12 either but, what part of Australia's current position doesn't seem desperate to you?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Serious answer then. Yes, TK made three passes that I saw last weekend. One to Hooper(?) which went to ground because they were just getting in each other's was. The other two were to a player on his outside on the left wing, but both were badly timed (too far before the defense) and rather lollipop efforts. Fortunately, both were held by the outside player but didn't result in as much gain that a well timed pass would have achieved. Passing is one aspect of TK's game where he needs improvement.
I guess the real question out of that is why hasn't it been worked on?

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I will be very very surprised if Chek started QC (Quade Cooper) at 12, reckon if has run there it just to cover all possibilties.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Fixed

10. QC (Quade Cooper)
11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12. SK
13. TK
14. IF
15. DHP

And if Quade is at 10 we need a few big forwards that like to go for a run. Slipper, TPN, Kepu, Coleman and Timani all fit the bill. AA looks like he would be good too.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I guess the real question out of that is why hasn't it been worked on?

Perhaps the same reason Foley and Folau have deficiencies in their kicking abilities, Phipps has passing issues and several are verging on being poor tacklers. Something to do with coaching and game plans?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Quade Cooper has played 13 tests at 12 (5 of them starting) so he has a huge amount more test experience there than any other option Cheika has at his disposal this weekend.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
And if Quade is at 10 we need a few big forwards that like to go for a run. Slipper, TPN, Kepu, Coleman and Timani all fit the bill. AA looks like he would be good too.

We need big forwards that like to go for a run with Foley too. Probably more important with Foley given his current form.

T

TOCC

Look I don't agree with him being at 12 either but, what part of Australia's current position doesn't seem desperate to you?

Sure, I'm just sick of poor coaching decisions putting players in positions or playing in game plans the player isn't suited to and then the fall-out been on the player..

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Quade Cooper has played 13 tests at 12 (5 of them starting) so he has a huge amount more test experience there than any other option Cheika has at his disposal this weekend.

huge amount... really? o_O

This is Cheika setting Quade up to fail. Either by ignorance or by desperation. Probably a little of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.