• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Battle of the Blood Red: Lions v Queensland Reds 8th June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
There are numerous subtexts to this potentially very exciting and intriguing game. (I'm looking forward to it immensely - the icing on the cake is a full 52,000 Suncorp, always a treat and a half, plus the simple fact that this is a rare moment when I'm not fretting about the Reds' status on the S15 table if we might lose, or how we just must win with a BP, and so forth. So there's a kind of uplifting out-of-the-cage freedom to it that I think the players may sense as well, thus adding a fresh and perhaps unique dimension to the whole endeavour.)

One of the biggest subtexts will be Link's wrt the ARU board. He's said today that no one will beat the Lions with 'an orthodox game plan' and that QC (Quade Cooper) was the perfect player for the different type of game planning required implying that Link will be aiming for innovation and shock and awe from his Reds A. Link-think to a tee, and it got my rugby juices flowing. So he'll be brewing up something a bit different for this match and will be knowing that a good showing vs the Lions is an important part of his 2013 resume and that if J White does better with his Brumbies Lite vs the Lions, that could be a factor (rightly or wrongly) in the final decision as to who may replace Deans.

Link is uncontracted.

Jake White is two years into 4 year contract, he isn't leaving the Brumbies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't give two shits if my Reds jersey is red. I'm going to a reds game so I wear it.

Yep I'll be wearing my Reds gear too. It will be good to be at a Reds game with a sell out crowd dressed in Red! We just need to make more noise that the Lions fans. :)

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Has the game sold out yet? I have relatives coming from interstate but they won't let me buy tickets until they have confirmed numbers which probably won't be until match day. Im hoping there will be tickets available at the box office at the stadium for them...

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm pretty sure ticketek says allocation exhausted. Buy that could have changed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

G

Gregan

With the form the wallabies are in, Id have to agree with Lewisr in saying that this game will probably be the more entertaining. Reds are good at being the underdogs and I think it will spark the forwards to put in 120% effort to compete with the BIL.

Should be a cracker.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
So looking forward to this. I was hoping Reds would have a special strip for the game, and would be available last weekend. Alas not the case. I have such good memories of the last Reds v Lions, but that wad because they let our subbies team party the curtain raiser at Ballymore. Last game in our season ticket seats which are fantastic, should be a cracker. Just have to get off the header in time to

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
So looking forward to this. I was hoping Reds would have a special strip for the game, and would be available last weekend. Alas not the case. I have such good memories of the last Reds v Lions, but that wad because they let our subbies team party the curtain raiser at Ballymore. Last game in our season ticket seats which are fantastic, should be a cracker. Just have to get off the header in time to make it.

Go the Reds!!

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Bugger. Sorry about the multiple entries. Still learning tapatalk with fat fingers on a bouncing tractor.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Yep I'll be wearing my Reds gear too. It will be good to be at a Reds game with a sell out crowd dressed in Red! We just need to make more noise that the Lions fans. :)

It will be my first full house at Suncorp. Blows my mind that there will be enough people in that ground to equal half the population of Darwin (where I am from).

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think Link will have something cooking for this game. He has a habit of planning a few games ahead aka Bulls 2010 and Stormers 2011. Not saying it is right but may account for the lull in the Reds form of late.

Set piece will be a tough day at the office though around the park bodes well for us. I think the Reds have a game that can take a Northern Hemisphere side right out of it's comfort zone. We will play at a fast pace and sap the Energy out of the Lions forwards that way. If we go down, it will be swinging.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It will be my first full house at Suncorp. Blows my mind that there will be enough people in that ground to equal half the population of Darwin (where I am from).

I've been to a few sell outs there all with varying levels of noise. Probably the noisiest to date for me was a Bledisloe but I'm thinking this one might be louder. ;-)

I had no idea Darwin was so small! Sounds like my kinda city!!! :)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Reds final was up there with the Bledisloe tests i have seen at Suncorp for noise and atmosphere. Hoping this can top them.

Atmosphere at the final was the best I have ever felt. Possibly due to the occasion of it all, my emotional investment though and drama with which it unfolded. Plenty of noise though! I reckon this might top it. If not, the Wallabies game at the end of the month probably will!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
sorry if this has been covered before, but can anyone enlighten me : Is this game on TV - Fox sports extra channel ?

Yeah mate, it's on Fox2 at 7:30.. Straight after the AB's Test. Solid afternoon/evening of Rugby if you're playing at home! :) Don't think the tour matches are on free to air though.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The Fox Sports Extra coverage is the Sky UK feed, worth watching if you want to hear Stuart Barnes drool over some average play Warburton, Croft etc

Status
Not open for further replies.