• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Battle of the Blood Red: Lions v Queensland Reds 8th June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Why do I have a feeling that Quade is going to have a blinder this weekend?

I hope so but it will be tough when their pack is going backwards. If he has a blinder this week it will show he's taken a huge step forward this year. It'll show he's mature and experienced enough to handle the tough situation and he did pretty well on saturday after those two charge downs.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Not totally sure but I hope so. Losing most of the front row and Robinson would not be good at all. I can't see the Reds letting it happen.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
If we have them I reckon it will at least be a competitive game. I reckon McKenzie will go out all guns blazing. Can't wait!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Reds are, without a doubt, going to get slaughtered in the forwards. Hopefully they can limit the damage and give the backs a bit of a chance to play.

I agree, if Cooper does have a good game behind a beaten pack, it will be a good effort.

Shame the Reds have lost so many forwards, as their backline is still OK (only Genia, Ioane down). Hopefully CFS will be back.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
The Reds are, without a doubt, going to get slaughtered in the forwards. Hopefully they can limit the damage and give the backs a bit of a chance to play.

I agree, if Cooper does have a good game behind a beaten pack, it will be a good effort.

Shame the Reds have lost so many forwards, as their backline is still OK (only Genia, Ioane down). Hopefully CFS will be back.

Really depends on if we lose the forwards to the country or not. If nto we still have a decent pack. Unfortunately Daley has been horrible at scrum time recently. But Daley, homes, hanson, Odonoghue, Wallace Harrison, Quirk, Robinson and Schatz will do a decent job! Still 4 wallabies in there haha

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
USARugger Just read it myself. That is a good team they have put together and the Lions are going to try and make a statement. Combined by the lack of balls in RugbyWA to run out a decent Force side, they might just do that.

With Ewen at the helm and nearly complete back line the Reds are a real chance if they don't let the country boys go.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
There are numerous subtexts to this potentially very exciting and intriguing game. (I'm looking forward to it immensely - the icing on the cake is a full 52,000 Suncorp, always a treat and a half, plus the simple fact that this is a rare moment when I'm not fretting about the Reds' status on the S15 table if we might lose, or how we just must win with a BP, and so forth. So there's a kind of uplifting out-of-the-cage freedom to it that I think the players may sense as well, thus adding a fresh and perhaps unique dimension to the whole endeavour.)

One of the biggest subtexts will be Link's wrt the ARU board. He's said today that no one will beat the Lions with 'an orthodox game plan' and that QC (Quade Cooper) was the perfect player for the different type of game planning required implying that Link will be aiming for innovation and shock and awe from his Reds A. Link-think to a tee, and it got my rugby juices flowing. So he'll be brewing up something a bit different for this match and will be knowing that a good showing vs the Lions is an important part of his 2013 resume and that if J White does better with his Brumbies Lite vs the Lions, that could be a factor (rightly or wrongly) in the final decision as to who may replace Deans.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
USARugger Just read it myself. That is a good team they have put together and the Lions are going to try and make a statement. Combined by the lack of balls in RugbyWA to run out a decent Force side, they might just do that............

If RugbyWA don't run out their absolute best side for the BIL and instead prioritise a dead rubber game vs the Tahs, they're f-ing madder than I already considered them to be (if that's possible).

Huge crowd live and on local TV will watch the June 5 match - great wide-span opportunity for Foley to show what can be done with the best the Force can muster bar a couple and thus give a great marketing lift to WA rugby as a whole v other codes, and more. A crowd of 11,000 or so to see two teams both now out of the top S15 six and all the attention on Sunday inevitably back East on the travelling Lions circus simply does not compare in its aggregate long-range benefit value to WA rugby.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
If RugbyWA don't run out their absolute best side for the BIL and instead prioritise a dead rubber game vs the Tahs, they're f-ing madder than I already considered them to be (if that's possible).

Huge crowd live and on local TV will watch the June 5 match - great wide-span opportunity for Foley to show what can be done with the best the Force can muster bar a couple and thus give a great marketing lift to WA rugby as a whole v other codes, and more. A crowd of 11,000 or so to see two teams both now out of the top S15 six and all the attention on Sunday inevitably back East on the travelling Lions circus simply does not compare in its aggregate long-range benefit value to WA rugby.
RedsHappy They've flown in Sydney club land players to fill out the Force side to play the Lions.

RugbyWA appear to be that stupid.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
RedsHappy They've flown in Sydney club land players to fill out the Force side to play the Lions.

RugbyWA appear to be that stupid.

There are simply no words for that action in this context. I never thought the board of RugbyWA could yet again render me speechless with such utterly poor judgement and strategic stupidity and incompetence, but now I realise how wrong I was.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
One of the biggest subtexts will be Link's wrt the ARU board. He's said today that no one will beat the Lions with 'an orthodox game plan' and that QC (Quade Cooper) was the perfect player for the different type of game planning required implying that Link will be aiming for innovation and shock and awe from his Reds A. Link-think to a tee, and it got my rugby juices flowing. So he'll be brewing up something a bit different for this match and will be knowing that a good showing vs the Lions is an important part of his 2013 resume and that if J White does better with his Brumbies Lite vs the Lions, that could be a factor (rightly or wrongly) in the final decision as to who may replace Deans.

It seems Quade and Ewen both enjoy life on the edge. It is one risky claim to make but thank god the bloke has some balls, especially when compared to dingo. I for one hope it pays off, but it could also go horribly wrong. I can tell your right now though that I bet we will be on the edge of our seats the entire match and our $50 tickets will be some of the best we have ever bought. For entertainment factor I would even argue that they will be worth a shitload more than the $300 Wallaby tickets. I sense that the Reds will be throwing the ball around a heap and it will be awesome.

Soooooo keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.