• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Battle of the Blood Red: Lions v Queensland Reds 8th June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Crikey the probable Reds for Reds V Lions is looking like a real challenge for the Selectors.

Who is fit, who is available? - It looks like it may almost be Bradbury's Reds. Last man standing. Invest in the youth when in doubt.

Sometimes a team in this situation really clicks because the fringe players have got a thing to prove, and prove it they do. Just look at the Rebels recent performances.

Of course the opposite can happen, like last nights Barbarians vs Soap Dodgers. Don't want that to be repeated at Suncorp.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Gee, that's looking quite a bit worse than before. :(

What a difference the front row makes.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Will CFS be available, or will he be shipped off to the U20s after the Rebels game?

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
The extended Country Squad has been named and the Reds potentially missing for the Lions Tour game are:

Butler
Enever
Robinson
Daley
Holmes

Are we sure these blokes will be missing?? Screws us over if so...

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
My feeling is that they'll play for the Reds & play half a game or so for the Country side. Otherwise whats the point of strengthening the Country scrum to being as competitive as possible and weakening the Red scrum to the verge of vulnerability? They all have a good break after those two games to recover.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think the question on everyones mind is what team is wearing the alternate strip?
I would have liked the Reds to have a limited edition charity fund raiser jersey for the clash. After seeing the Force's lions jersey I am jealous that my team does not have a special jersey.

Can you morph a Koala and Lion?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
would like to think the Reds Seconds would be competitive but extremely unlikely.

We'll have the devil's job beating the pricks with a full strength Wallaby outfit

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Good point Hugh Jarse
Mate am blood red to the death. Even remember Billy Moore yelling those words coming down the tunnel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I should's have let reality get in the way of desire.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would have liked the Reds to have a limited edition charity fund raiser jersey for the clash. After seeing the Force's lions jersey I am jealous that my team does not have a special jersey.

Can you morph a Koala and Lion?

Something that plays on the 130th anniversery would be great.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
But what do we wear! I usually grab my red gagr shirt that way I can support the Reds and my 'employer' this week I don't know what to do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
But what do we wear! I usually grab my red gagr shirt that way I can support the Reds and my 'employer' this week I don't know what to do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much wondering the same thing. A bit surprised there hasn't been any press release for it

Assuming the Reds will wear their white kit? But I doubt many fans own both the home and away shirts..

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I would have thought the appropriate thing for all of Brisbane to do - is to wear Wallaby Colours... Ifyou are in the Greeen and Gold you are OBVIOUSLY following Queensland.

Perhaps it needs one of those Twitter or Media campaigns to get everyone of the one mind... Don't want the Brits to think they have more support than they really do...

Status
Not open for further replies.